“I'm excited and will be a great experience to play alongside Shahid Afridi in the PSL" : Babar Azam

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Omar, Feb 8, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    The star batsman of Karachi Kings, Babar Azam is excited to play with the Boom Boom Shahid Afridi in the third season of Pakistan Super League as he has never played alongside him before.

“It will be a great experience to play with Shahid Bhai, I have never played with him before, I am hoping to have a lot of fun playing alongside him,” Babar Azam said while talking to ARY Sports.

The 23-year old is hoping that his team will put a good show in the third edition of the PSL under the captaincy of Imad Wasim.

“I have played under his captaincy in regional games, we are playing together for quite some time now, so it will be fun playing under him,” Babar Azam told.

The left-handed all-rounder, Imad Wasim has previously captained Pakistan U-19 side in World Cup 2007 and took the team to the semi-final.

“He is mentally very strong, he was also impressive as Pakistan U-19 captain in World Cup 2007,” he added.

Moreover, Babar Azam highlighted an advantage that only Karachi Kings have in the tournament, which is the same coaching staff as of Pakistan’s in the likes of the head coach Mickey Arthur and bowling coach, Azhar Mehmood.

“Mickey Arthur is doing a great job for the last couple of years for Pakistan, he will do the same for Karachi Kings, he will formulate game plans for the team in PSL as he does for the national side,” he told.

The final of the third season of Pakistan is scheduled to be played in Karachi and it is a great motivation for the home team to feature in the big game in front of their own crowd.

“We are motivated by the fact that the final of PSL is scheduled in Karachi. We are confident that we will play the final of the tournament in Karachi,” he concluded.

https://arysports.tv/excited-play-shahid-babar-azam/

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    For God's sake don't try to imitate his style of game.

If I were you then I would take this upcoming PSL as an opportunity to play strokes from the get go. Proper risk free cricketing shots.

I will teach myself that I shouldn't get agitated if I play 3/4 dot balls, because I can always make up for those on 3/4 ball by collecting 12/16 runs - again, proper bookish cricketing shot and not wild slogs like Afridi.

I will also teach my self how not to bogged down if 1 or 2 quick wickets falls on the other end. Rather, I would try to take most of the strike and hit a counter punch, but taking 2's, 3's and hitting atleast one 4/6 (the more are even better) and take a singe on last ball to repeat.

T20 is not about wild slogging, its about smart batting. And to me, you can easily make 9/10 (+,- 4) runs in an over if you play smart.

3. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Try to learn a thing or two from Sahibzada.

4. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    He was top scorer in the last PSL...Sahibzada should learn a thing or 2 from Babar tbh :shrug

5. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    its the International batters that can really help Babar

Look how Sharjeel during PSL 1

6. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Is Sanga playing for Karachi? if so, that 's the player he should look forward to being with the most.
    Yes it would be fun batting alongside Afridi but Sanga is the man that you will learn from. Really hope Babar can become a solid batsman for Pakistan. Him, Fakhar and Harris can serve this LOI team for a long time