2019 World Cup Tickets

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by chandtara, Jun 21, 2018.

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Anyone put in to the ballot for tickets?

@Bruce Wayne I know you will have

Last email I received was that we will hear within a month if we have been successful or not.

Iv applied for the Indian game plus the game at Edgbaston vs NZ. Also applied for the Afghan game (taking the family tot his one)

On top of that have submitted through for both semi finals and the final

@Shaz130

2. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Think the ICC may have hear me - #

Media release from today

Unprecedented demand for ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 tickets

The response has been fantastic, not only domestically in England and Wales, but from fans around the world, says Steve Elworthy.
    • Over one million tickets applied for in Cricket Family Ballot
    • As a result, 42 0f 48 matches of the tournament will be balloted
    • Pre-registrations for the CWC19 Public Ballot will open on 17 July 2018
    • The CWC19 Public Ballot will officially open on 1 August 2018
    • Remaining tickets will go on general sale on a first-come, first-served basis later in the year
    With just under a year to go until the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 begins, excitement has hit the shores of England and Wales, with an incredible response from the ‘Cricket Family’ in the first round of ticket ballots.

Demand exceeded expectations during the first opportunity for cricket fans to secure tickets, keeping the tournament on course to be the world’s biggest cricket celebration ever. Over one million tickets have been applied for, and as a result, 42 of the 48 matches will be balloted.

As expected, the Old Trafford fixture between India and Pakistan proved to be the most popular, receiving enough applications to fill Wembley Stadium twice over, closely followed by the final at Lord’s on 14 July, which is currently four times oversubscribed.

With matches across the schedule recording impressive numbers, CWC19 Managing Director Steve Elworthy was understandably upbeat: “The response has been fantastic, not only domestically in England and Wales, but from fans around the world, which gives us enormous satisfaction as we work towards making this a truly global celebration of cricket.

“We expected a high demand for tickets, so .

“We look forward to seeing the excitement continue when the Public Ballot opens later this summer.”

Fans will hear if they have been successful or not in the Cricket Family Ballot next week. There will then be another opportunity to purchase the remaining tickets when the CWC19 Public Ballot opens at 10h00 (BST) on 1 August 2018, which will be the first time the tickets will be on general release. The same system for the Cricket Family Ballot will be implemented, with ticket allocations being decided on completion of the ballot period on 29 August 2018 at 8pm (BST).

Tickets for all matches at every price band will be available in the CWC19 Public Ballot, with limited allocation for the most popular games. Fans will be reminded to consider back up options for matches to attend, as the 10-team round robin of matches provides plenty of opportunities for fans to see their favourite team.

Tickets for children are available from £6, with a family of four able to go to selected group games for as little as £44.

Remaining tickets will go on general sale on a first-come, first-served basis later in 2018.

For those who win tickets but are subsequently unable to attend, an official reselling platform will be available through the CWC19 ticketing website in the autumn.

Hospitality tickets will be available directly through venues and will give fans the opportunity to secure a place at the tournament in addition to enjoying the best matchday experience each stadium has to offer.

Further information on the above can be found at https://www.icc-cricket.com/cricket-world-cup/

https://www.icc-cricket.com/media-releases/744387

3. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    Yes I have, Only applied for India vs Pakistan and the semi finals and final. The other 8 games I'll be able to get easily when the tournament starts.

I don't understand this new system the ICC have implemented. Practically there's no difference between a public ballot and family ballot, If you want to make a family ballot then do tickets for family stands only or stands where they sell no alcohol. But from what I know the recent family ballot wasn't like that. You could be placed anywhere in the ground. Which is the exact same as the public ballot.

Also, What do they mean by remaining tickets will go on sale in the public ballot? Whats the point of two if you're gonna sell them all out in the first place.

Don't understand the ICC man. Just make it 1 ballot and general sale. Like it always was.

4. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Totally weird system they have implemented in this tournament. Thing that is bugging me the most though is that we cant choose where we can sit as they will allocate the seats for us. Totally going to kill the normal buzz in sitting in a full section of Pakistan fans

5. Bruce Wayne

May 22, 2012
    I applied through the ballot for all my games in the champion trophy last year so all my seats were allocated. But so many of my mates wanted to go to the Sri Lanka game in Cardiff after we beat South Africa and a lot of tickets were still available on the website so they got to pick their seats. It was the same in the semi final against England, A lot of tickets were available and you got to choose in which part of the ground you wanted to sit.

Which is why I'm planning on purchasing my tickets for all the other 8 games when they are completely on general sale after the ballots are done as I'll get to pick where I want to sit. Last year we got pounced against India in the first game and the whole tournament was during Ramadan. Next year we only play once during Ramadan which is our first game against the West Indies so I'm sure massive Pakistani crowds will turn up as majority college and university students will have holidays by then too.

6. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Not risking it myself, I actually struggled for Semi final and Final tickets for the CT. Was very frustrating trying to get hold of them tickets last year. Was being offered tickets at ridiculous prices too.

7. Bruce Wayne

May 22, 2012
    Semi final tickets were still on the website bro. Even on the night before the final. Some tickets went on sale. This time however, I highly doubt any of them will be though because like I said it's after Ramadan and during holiday season.

Some of my Indian friends bought final tickets online after the first game for £100 so even that's decent and a good time to buy them if you weren't lucky in the ballots but good luck for that anyway and general sale day! We will definitely meet at one of the games next year!

8. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Tracer Bullet

May 22, 2012
    Can I still buy tickets, thinking of making the trip...

9. Bruce Wayne

May 22, 2012
    The family ballot is done. Public ballot is soon, Then they will also be released on general sale probably at the end of the year. So you have time.

10. Bruce Wayne

May 22, 2012
    Ballot results are in. Check on the website if you haven't got an email.

Any luck? @chandtara

11. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Every single one failed
    What a joke of a ballot lol

12. Bruce Wayne

May 22, 2012
    No way! Well. Good luck in the other 2! Hope you get something!

13. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    My application failed also

What bakwaas

14. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Wasn’t expecting every game to fail. Public ballot will be even tougher to get through I reckon

15. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    My brother applied and his failed too

16. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Let me check mine lol.

17. Bruce Wayne

May 22, 2012
    I got all of mine. Some of my friends got there's for certain games but not others.

Over 1 million people applied so it's a madness.

18. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    You must have been wearing that lucky top! My cousin just checked his and guess what...another failed application! Just waiting on my other 2 brothers to see if they had any luck

19. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    This ballot...

20. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
  21. Bruce Wayne

May 22, 2012
    Wish I was. Just missed out on the final. Got both semis. 9 Pakistan games in total regardless of the semi final and final so even if we don't get there so I'm looking really forward to every single one of them. It's my first World Cup which I'm attending so I'm excited.

22. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Did you?

23. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Didn’t get any email yet

24. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Just log in and check your application request. It will tell you there if you have been successful or not

25. Bruce Wayne

May 22, 2012
    If you haven't got an email. Login on the website and check. Even I didn't get an email.

26. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Didn’t get any tickets! A shame cos I applied for so many lol.

27. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
  28. Bruce Wayne

May 22, 2012
    You'll have another chance. Good luck.

29. djb12

djb12 Youngsta Beauty

Jun 26, 2018
    I only applied for the Final, just been confirmed for 2 Platinum tickets, I can't tell you how excited I am, will be our first time at Lords, 14th July next year can't come quick enough, anyone have an idea which stand the platinum category seats will be in? :)

30. Bruce Wayne

May 22, 2012
    Lucky you, Congratulations.

The categories change for each tournament.

31. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    You were one of the lucky ones.
    I’m feeling left out :(

32. Bruce Wayne

May 22, 2012
    Don't worry bro. You'll be the luckiest in the next one!

33. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Good on ya mate.

34. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Lets hope so, Want to be at Old Trafford for the India game

35. djb12

djb12 Youngsta Beauty

Jun 26, 2018
    I hope you get more luck in the next ballot and get the tickets you want.

36. Zak

Zak Youngsta Beauty

Mar 24, 2019
    I have tickets for pak v west indies and possiby some spares

37. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Tried my luck on Thursday and surprise surprise. Nothing again!

38. Zak

Zak Youngsta Beauty

Mar 24, 2019
    Av got sum spares for pak v west indies. Let us knw if any1 wants them

39. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    How much

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

40. Bruce Wayne

May 22, 2012
    Anybody going to any of the 5 ODI's or the 1 T20I before the World cup?

World cup Warm up matches tickets go on sale tomorrow.