28 ODI's and a 2019 tour of England before the World Cup in UK for Pakistan

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Bruce Wayne, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    It could be 29 if we get to the Asia cup final. So let's look at the run down of our 50 over fixtures according to the ICC's future tours programme which was updated today:

5 ODI's in Zimbabwe.

Asia cup in the UAE. 5 matches, 1 each against Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka and whoever wins the Asia cup qualifier. As well as Asia cup final if we get there.

3 ODI's in the UAE vs New Zealand.

5 ODI's in South Africa.

5 ODI's in the UAE vs Australia.

5 ODI's in England before the start of the World Cup.

That tour of England before the World Cup is the most ideal preparation and is the best form of planning. Against England too who are clearly looking as the favourites as their home domination in ODI's continues with sheer brilliance and brutality.

From July 2018-May 2019. We have 28 ODI's in 10 months which I feel is enough and These are the players, Bar injury or massive amounts of loss form. I am certain will be in the squad for Pakistan from here on till the World Cup:

Fakhar Zaman
    Azhar Ali
    Babar Azam
    Shoaib Malik
    Haris Sohail
    Sarfaraz Ahmed
    Mohammed Amir
    Hasan Ali
    Shadab Khan

That is a core of 9 players. Two more and you have a starting XI. Pakistan will have absolutely no excuses in terms of selection, planning and preparation. Personally I'm expecting nothing less than the semis. Finish in the top 4 and you're 2 games away from winning the trophy.

Easier said then done of course.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    @Bruce Wayne is back with a bang!

All we have to do is send you to all the games and we will be fine right?!

Them 5 games before the WC here in England are ideal for us to get used to conditions.

Looking forward to the Saffers tour

3. Bruce Wayne

May 22, 2012
    Its not me. It's that Pakistan shirt I have, Thats where all the luck comes from!

4. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Whatever happens...DO NOT lose that shirt!

5. Bruce Wayne

May 22, 2012
    If we win the World Cup next year, I'm just gonna send it to the PCB and say here. Pass this onto every Pakistan captain before a tournament. Trust me, You won't regret it.

6. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Other two should be Mohd Irfan and Fahim Ashraf/Imad Wasim (depending on conditions).

7. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I presume you're referring to senior, and if true then he's not part of team's plan. Unless something catastrophic take place, God forbid.

On topic, it should provide sufficient practice to the team before WC.

8. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    The 5 ODIs vs England is the real preparation along with any practice games before the world cup.

The most important thing for this side will be how Faheem, Shadab and Sarfraz progress in terms of batting.
    Faheem needs to develop consistency as a big hitter. Shadab needs to play an accumulators role and develop a power game. Sarfraz needs to learn how to bat consistently as he's playing like a tailend nowadays.
    If these guys can improve their batting then I think Pakistan will have a good enough depth to win the world cup

9. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
  10. Bruce Wayne

May 22, 2012
    We're actually batting well and looks like we have different game plans for different situations in the game whilst batting first or chasing which is refreshing because usually the way we are going too bat is so predictable.

Pakistan's strength however has always been its bowling, In any tournament. At times, It takes a while for that too get going though and right now however, It's not looking good. We shouldn't panic because really and truly this is all preparation for the bigger cause and I'm sure once the tournament starts we will see a lot of consistency in our side. 2 more ODI's and 2 warm up World Cup games for these boys too adjust themselves towards.

Even if we lose 4-0 in the ODI series but the results are close fought and the team looks like it's actually going somewhere despite the losses I'll be happy because at least for our sakes they turn up when it matters.

11. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    All that preparation and still not a settled XI.

12. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    We have only won 10 of these 28 ODIs.

5 against Zimbabwe
    1 against Hong Kong
    1 against Afghanistan
    1 against New Zealand
    2 against South Africa

13. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Tbh our batting lineup is pretty much settled

14. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Issue is bowling and not batting atm.

In bowling nothing seems to be working, new bowl bowlers are unable to take early wickets, there is nobody to take wicket in the middle of the innings and death bowling is utter garbage too.

Also, we are missing Shahdab & Hafeez I believe, because every team possesses one or two good spinners. And in their absence Imad looks totally impotent. And I hate it so much when he bowls those unnecessary WIDE'S.