A hero sentenced for 33 years in prison

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Major, May 24, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    One of the dumbest comments I've read in a while. So you're saying that killing 10 innocent civilians to target one potential terrorist is justified?

2. Saladin

Saladin Youngsta Beauty

Jul 8, 2011
    what next, george bush is a hero? we liberated people of iraq and afghanistan and installed peaceful democracy? isreal is a ''democracy'' . I feel disgusted at american sympathisers.

3. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    Agree with you to a certain extent, but let me ask you a question. Between carpet bombing of the PAF which annihilates whole villages, or the targetted drone strikes by the US which results in some collateral damage, which one is "MORE" acceptable.

4. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    So a Drone Supporter is an American Sympathizer. That means our Military is the biggest American sympathizer.

5. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Villagers are given ample time to relocate before any army action. Can't say the same about drones, especially double strikes.

6. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    What I find strange is that people living in Pakistan don't tend to mind the drone strikes as their hatred of the Armed Forces is greater than anything foreigners can do. It's ironic that people living in the US, UK, Canada, etc are more vocal about these acts.

7. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    Really.. Well North and South Waziristanians would beg to differ. Also would the people of Mohmand and Bajaur.. and Orakzai..

8. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    Zeenix yes its arguable that drone strikes are the 'lesser of two evils' but that doesnt negate the fact that drone strikes are counterproductive and beyond oversight. The objective test i would use is 'Would similar action be acceptable in NY or London?'

9. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    So it seems that this Afridi had a chance to leave Pakistan but didnt because he thought he was cool with pakistan. Why would he have assumed that unless pakistan had a role in the hit. I stand by my initial assesment that pak were complicit in the OBL hit and sold afridi to keep the islamists from declaring open season on the state.

10. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    This last statement of yours is very subjective. Hajjaj Bin yousuf ordered raid on Sind because a few pirates had plundered his ships. Question is could anyone have done the same with Iraq during his rule. No. It depends on which spectrum of power do you lie. It has always been "Might is Right" like it or not.

11. kamz

kamz Youngsta Beauty

Nov 25, 2011
    But you arent fixing the problem that way, you are just putting a band aid, what makes you think that relatives of these innocent people killed in those drone attacks, wont have any vengeance or hatred in their hearts to take revenge and turn terrorists again (think about it from the perspective of a child whose parents are killed, brothers, sisters, children etc).

You might kill a few terrorists with the drones, you cant kill the ideology, so you arent really fixing the problem are you?

12. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    It's quite funny how PPP supporters and pseudoliberal apologists have no other recourse than "Imran Khan is a fool lol why u luw him" argument.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/nov/07/cia-unaccountable-drone-war

2300 people have been killed by drone attacks and counting; by zeenix 's argument I'm assuming the sophisticated drones have killed 2300 militants including women and occasionally children (collateral damage). Yep let's spend generations demeaning the term "Shaheed" by applying it to crooks like ZAB (or if you're an army sympathizer, Zia-ul-Haq) but sit by and apply the label of militant/terrorist to any man/woman/child who gets gunned down by ultra-sophisticated US drones because their lives apparently matter less than the Bhuttos & political/military elite.

13. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Though I disagree with you on this drone matter this is a very valid point mate

14. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Imho its not subjective at all. Its just the bog standard reasonable man test. Most people would not tolerate such action i the uk us etc.
    As for the hajaj bin yousuf person you mentioned i would have to say that his actions are hardly reasonable in fact ( assuming hes a politician in power) its a breach of his executive powers

15. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Heard he was granted assylum?? Is this true?? Hope its true!

Good for afridi sahib!!!!!! This guy deserves a civilian award....

The army and isi probably hate afridi the most....

16. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    People dont look at the number of terrorists that have been killed from drone attacks... Drones have made a difference and there is no better alternave...

Wonder what would happen if drobes weren't there.. Alot of terrorist would had been roaming freely...

17. CORNERED TIGER

CORNERED TIGER Emerging Player

Nov 2, 2010
  18. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Pakistan is an un signatary... And afridi did nothing illegal, as pakistan was already an UN signatry for capturing bin laden... This is what the lawyer saidd...

That is why shakil afridi was only tried in district court, run by a grade 17 officer lmaoooxxx

19. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    ....drones good at targeting? yes are the targets valid? That is questionable.......the USA liberally interprets who is a legit target. If you are in a certain area and male of a certain age then your a legit target.
    If the USA wants to target Alqaeda, i heard syria is brimming with em........no wait they are being funded by the USA.

20. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Ohhh for the love of god , just shoot the rat dead and be done with it.