1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

According to Aaqib Javed, Misbah was also part of oath brigade against Younis Khan

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, Jul 20, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
  2. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    According to Aaqib, Yousuf, Afridi, Malik, Kami, Ajmal and Misbah all took oath that they will stay together and wont tolerate any injustice by YK.

3. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Looking at that list the only ones who had any power or influence at that time were Yousuf, Afridi and Malik. Kami wasn't in the same bracket and Ajmal and Misbah were nobodies really.

From the 3 prominent names of the time, Malik is the one who told Younis. So that leaves Yousuf and Afridi who had the power and the influence to make something like this work. Although Yousuf was trying to re-establish himself after the ICL saga.

4. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    it doesnt matter whether they were somebodies or nobodies.. what mattered that they agreed to take oath against YK. Character is same for all .. doesnt depend on the statue of player.

5. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I dont disagree with that but without the support of name players what can fringe players do?

For example if Shafiq, Fawad and Anwar Ali did an oathgate today what difference could they make? But if Wahab and Younis were involved then it could be a big deal. Even though Wahab and Younis arent as big a part of the setup as Yousuf and Afridi were.

6. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    i know where you coming from but there were other nobodies as well who didnt take part in oath taking.. so these two could also have said no or avoided but no, they did agree.

7. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    It doesn't justify their actions in any way. I never suggested that.

I was just saying how players with more standing and influence can negatively influence players without that security. A good example is Butt and Asif's influence over Aamer.

Aamer was only 19 but he had a good head on his shoulders and was a savvy kid. However despite his skill he wasnt sure of his place. He thought getting in with the captain and the top bowler would guarantee his selection if he went through a bad patch.

Now Misbah and Ajmal were at the other end of the scale age wise but in some ways they were probably even more insecure than Aamer. They were both considered too old by Pakistani standards to become regulars at such a late stage and they had been repeatedly rejected by Pakistan in their teens and 20s. They would've been swayed by the thought of being in the good books of Yousuf and Afridi who were both captaincy contenders.

Oathgate and spot fixing gate were both instances where senior Pakistani players colluded with junior (in experience) players in order to undermine Pakistan Cricket. They're all guilty but without the support of the seniors there would have been no gates just fences the others couldnt jump over.

8. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    All these should've been banned from Pakistan cricket for a year. YK may have been too harsh on others as captain but that's your job as a player to follow your captain. Too bad that PCB didn't have the spine to do anything but replace YK.

9. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    A year? Should have been suspended for life time.

Had PCB taken action back then, it could have saved us from the power battle for Captaincy for future generations.

10. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Then Aqib is a idiot for bringing this up now- looks like he is stirring up trouble.

11. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    How can we trust what Malik said though?

He's a person who's fixed a game, is a politician and a proven liar

12. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    If true all respect is gone for Misbah and Afridi. I heard some pretty strong rumours at a Pakhtoon gathering about Misbah and Afridi but did not believe them. This adds some weight to it, I mentioned it on Pakpassion too once that I had lost respect for Afridi after hearing this. The person who brought it up was in the know because he was playing club cricket with a Pakistani cricketer who told him everything as he was present on the fringes at the time.

Despicable. It robbed a fantastic batsman of a few years and majority of those crooks remained in the team

13. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    What are the evidences of this?

14. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    I think Malik deliberately lost a domestic game so a rival team wouldnt qualify.

15. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    I lost respect for many players because of this oathgate scandal and if true will lose respect for Misbah too.

The actions of most other players are consistent with being sly and conspiring. Afridi for instance has been involved in captaincy intrigues till his last day and the character of Yousuf is clear to see.

Misbah hasnt really done or said anything that is consistent with such behaviour.

16. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/304974.html

This game, you can google about it, PCB handed Malik a ban, can't find the exact article for some reason, it's on Wikipedia too though

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...roblems-Intikhab-Alam/articleshow/5944507.cms

Also, proven liar part
    http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect...legations-rampant-in-pcb-inquiry-report-ss-07

Faisal Hayat, the team’s medical doctor said that Umar Akmal pretended to have a back problem, especially since the tests did not prove his pain. He also said that Shoaib Malik and Salman Butt pretended to have injuries before a match in New Zealand.

17. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    This is beyond stupid and I have no idea why it is being brought up now. Not only that I don't see much wrong with the oath gate scandal.

Malik was a world class #3 batsman. Performed everywhere. Younis Khan took his spot.

Malik was a captain. The whole campaign on the net was started by couple of users like Savak against Malik on PP. On the basis that Malik tried to kick out seniors such as Afridi and Shoaib akhtar. From that point on everyone hated him.

Yousuf who was a good friend of Malik...suddenly wasn't because he wanted to be the Captain. So basically Malik lost the position within the team and his captaincy because of these people.

@Mercenary who is saying Malik is the one who told Younis about this. I don't see why this guy has been made the worst person to ever represent Pakistan. He took an oath after all this with the guys whom hated him? Either is a valid reason or simply a lie.

Younis did not take the job after Inzi left. He acted childish at best. If everyone is against and I mean everyone and their dog was against Younis...perhaps there was a genuine issue?

No one has the transcript to what actually happened. What was said...what has always been reported is...all the players took an oath to stay together and not be dropped just cause Younis felt like it.

Why hasn't anyone asked the question. Why the players felt such a way? Just because your the captain your not entitled to ending peoples careers.

Malik was fixing a game? What BS. He stood up to the corruption. You like it or not. He did the right thing. If everything was done according to the laws. We wouldn't have whistle blower laws to protect those who do such things.

Anyway...Misbah, Younis seem to get along fine. Misbah has been a big supporter of Younis. All these stories...I call BS on everything.

18. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    haha! I love it when I see users giving expert opinions on cricket matches when only having seen the scorecard. This is no different. Why don't you spend a minute on youtube or something and search for the video of the match presentation. He made a BIG point to let everyone know he did that on purpose and his reasoning.

His method of protest can be debated however to accuse him of match fixing is idiotic in the sense that he goes fixing matches.

Again the link you provided only goes to show how according to Alam everyone hated Malik. Makes no sense for him to design the whole oath gate crap or take part in it.

This whole scandal was stupid.

19. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    I saw the match
    I couldn't find a link to it, which I said. Fixing is done on purpose. What is fixing? Pre-determining the result of the game for whatever reason. Sure, he didn't do it for money, but he still did it
    (in sport) the action or practice of dishonestly determining the outcome of a match before it is played.

Malik himself admitted he was involved in oath gate

Thanks to Malik

20. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    @Wistful Reminisces you will have to look within the history books to see that protests have always been illegal. However those who are brave will take upon themselves to protest them. These things aren't pretty.

Considering how Pakistanis are obsessed with the long march. These things when they were happening...weren't pretty or by the book.

Common sense should prevail here. Malik was protesting. It was a protest. It brought the issue to light. It shed light onto the corruption within the PCB. A person sticked with his ideals and risked everything.That is brave. You might not see it but it doesn't change the fact. Laws have to be broken so better ones can be formed.

If Malik himself admitted he was there as has been pointed out by Merc. Malik also telling Younis about it. What makes us think he mastered mind the whole thing?

More importantly...with those people who hated him? Which led me to ask a real simple question.

Inzi and everyone else was some how opposed to Younis. What on earth was Younis doing that people who hated each other still came together? to oust him.

21. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Let's compare Malik to a long march by corrupt lawyers to challenge a benevolent dictator. And it was illegal and wrong, was the long march. Terrible thing that destroyed the country, all the problems in our country are a result of it.
    Malik took a false oath by the Quran then. Makes him a terrible person. He wasn't forced to take an oath or wasn't there at gun point. He did it

22. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Anyway here is my theory

@Mercenary let me know if you think if any of this really makes sense from your memory.

I believe it was all a power play to control the team by outsiders. Malik had been removed as a Captain. We first heard how he was a lonely person and wasn't liked by others...from mazhar majeed. We use to have lot of interviews back in the days on PP which were in part happening due to this guy.

Then again this guy was the source of stories...I remember one in which we didn't name the player however I believe it was Amir...who got yelled at by Younis and how the team and youngsters weren't happy with Younis.

Alam himself has had some very serious accusations against him. Asking players for money etc.

I think somehow this was a big play to remove players who might have been a problem.

lol...I am going to sleep I think I am losing my mind.

23. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    @Wistful Reminisces man your preaching the wrong person.

I am no fan of the lawyers or the CJ or the corrupt leaders. You haven't seen old threads with my thoughts on these jerks. Just for the record I was talking about the real long march not ours and comparing it to protesting within the right context. Which you missed.

We have no transcript or on the record from one of the players on exactly what was said or agreed too. It is all hearsay. However it has been reported everywhere all the players basically the entire team took the oath.

How on earth do we know...it wasn't for a just cause? If Merc decided to do whatever with Cricistan. I decided along with Kashif, Nauman, Zeenix and Uzzair we wanted to get rid of him. I think we can...don't know how lol but I like to think so. It begs the question...What is Merc doing that people who are his friends or supporters are suddenly wanting to get rid of him.

Questions need to be asked of Younis as well. Poor captain that he wasn't able to have any support what so ever...how on earth do you lead a team. In which no one likes you.

24. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Players don't need to get along with each other. None of the Australians ever got along with each other. But they weren't conspiring to get rid of the captain

Younis was a great captain tactically and won us a T20 World Cup. No matter how bad he was to them personally, he was brilliant tactically and obviously a wonderful batsman. The team should have supported him, not taken an oath to underperform

25. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Not getting along with someone within your team is one thing. The entire team not wanting you is another thing. I remember the days when Younis Khan had no fans. He was known as the useless khan. The amount of abuse directed at Inzi for keeping him around.

It paid off. Younis has been very good for us in tests. One days...entirely different story. Brilliant tactically...hardly think so. Yes, he had a good T20 world cup. If anything it was Afridi who won it for us. With Younis and Malik playing a good role along with the bowlers.

Anyway there is nothing I can say that will change your mind as to how you feel about other players. Having worked with people for years and knowing how groups are formed. I know for myself. When everyone is kind of against you...there is more to the story then a personal grudge.

At the same time...as I have stated above. I do believe outsiders were making a power play. Most of those stories originated from a very dubious source.

26. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    You should be the last person saying that though. Everyone who is still on PP was against you, Merc and co when you founded this site, there isn't more to the story told than a personal grudge

Sometimes people are just difficult. It's not YK's fault. He led us to a WC win. He was doing his part, others underperformed

27. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    who is Ammar Ashraf ?

28. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    @AmmarAshraf

29. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    This whole oath episode is childish & embarassing. Shame on Aqib for bringing it up now. These seniors make me sick.

30. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    This makes no sense what so ever! I am very thankful that thread we had about our past has been deleted or removed so I don't want to start one again. If anything you further confirm what I said.

People had issues with one person. One by one everyone left. No one was in it for glory or personal pride. We all remained friends. Yes, we are friends. Every one of us involved in this site. There is a reason when I haven't been on this site for a year or simply logged in couple of times without ever contributing that I am still an admin and so is everyone else.

I have no idea if the old mods are still around or who the new mods might be...nothing! No idea about anything. I know my role = nothing as of right now on this site. However this time around when CS was started we had an agreement if the whole team thinks one person is no good. That one person takes a hike!

31. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    That's MiG

and how is the article in the OP legit ? is there any other valid source

32. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Its legit because everyone knows about spot fixing. And this isnt by ammar ashraf.. this is a quote from article.. I think it was posted on cricinfo as well.

@AmmarAshraf might have the full link to this news.

33. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    sweet

tell MiG to use his real name #coward

34. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    FACEPALM

35. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    Don't see the point of bringing this up now?

Even if Misbah was involved, it doesn't lessen the incident and if the PCB had anything downstairs it should have banned all players involved, period! No 1 or 2 year bans, straight up lifetime ban!

Absolute joke they essentially got away with it.

Besides it's nice to know these rotten bunch will be leaving cricket soon, Misbah and Afridi are arguably a year off at best, YK potentially 2 years, Malik will lose form and favour soon and then we'll truly see the start of a new era and hopefully a clean era.