Afridi best man to lead Pakistan in all forms of cricket: Ramiz Raja

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by indianfan, Mar 9, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. indianfan

indianfan Banned

Feb 26, 2010
    Karachi, Mar.9 (ANI): Former Pakistan captain Ramiz Raja has described all rounder Shahid Afridi as the 'best man to lead' the team in the forthcoming T20 World Championship in the Caribbean, and said the flamboyant cricketer should be appointed skipper for all the three forms of the game.

"I'll go with Afridi as captain. In fact, I'll recommend Afridi for all three formats,"Raja said.

Sources inside the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) suggested that the board is hesitant to continue with Afridi as captain of the T20 team after he was punished for ball-tampering during the fifth and last one-day international against Australia at Perth .

However, Raja backed Afridi, saying he has already been punished for his act.

"If that's the reason to overlook him as captain then I don't agree with it.He has been punished already. In any case, I think ball-tampering is no big deal. It's only that Afridi did it in a silly manner, probably in the pressure of the moment," The News quoted Raja, as saying.

The PCB is considering giving the captaincy to Shoaib Malik or Abdul Razzaq but Raja said it won't be a wise move.

"I personally believe that Its Afridi's chance. It's his time. He can handle the pressure. He was the best player of the World Twenty20 final last year. The only thing that he needs is to relax as captain. Once he does that, I'm sure he can get the best out of our team," he said. (ANI)

2. Rizzy

Rizzy Talented

Mar 1, 2010
    The PCB is banning Malik and Giving him the captaincy? i know that most of there decisions are strange but this is the best ive heard :D

Afridi is a clever captain, encourages players and know how to get the best out of them. He also is attacking and respected by all the players/ can put an end to the rift within the team.

3. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    rameez raja stil backs to be captain even after the fines and bans to players. for once i agree with rameez.

4. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    Apart from Afridi I don't see to many leaders within the Pakistani camp. Waqar has been a great supporter of Afridi leading Pakistan in all three formats, therefore it increases my belief that he will be made captain.