Afridi is the main hurdle in our progress!

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Top Spinner, Mar 25, 2013.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011

Mate you are contradicting yourself.. you are giving chance to Bhatti on the basis of one off performance but afridi despite scoring so many runs doesn't deserve to bat above them.. this is beyond common sense tbh.

And secondly Afridi has been inconsistent with bat but did perform in matches eevery now and then.. half century against SA, Westindies.. Cameo against Westindies to help us win the final game.. then little cameo in the second odi against SA.. ( only match won by Pakistan) its not as if he has been pathetic through out and Bhatti has been our best batsman... a bowler performing in one off match doesn't mean you promote him as a batsman.. for time being he needs to work on his bowling as his bowling is way below average.

Regarding scoring against steyn when afridi struggled against him, then it is also a nonsensical logic, Kohli & Sharma aare also struggling against him but it doesn't mean Bhatti Sahab is better than them.. infact all Pakistani batsmen struggled against Steyn, does that mean Bhatti is better than all of them and sshould open?

And tbh Afridi >>>>>>>>>>> combine of Bhatti & Anwar.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  2. Victorious Pakistan

Victorious Pakistan Smooth Operator

Feb 29, 2012
    Who said I am just referring to T/20's?

Bhatti deserves a chance to bat higher because when he has been needed to do something with the bat he has. He has played according to the situation in the few games he has been given. I gave the two ODI's vs South Africa as an example. I am not saying make him bat at number 4-5, I am saying on the basis of what he has shown he may be more capable and so surely he deserves a chance above Afridi?
    You keep bringing up the point of Afridi scoring so many, many runs. Then please share how many runs he has scored in how many innings this year? [ODI & T/20] and with what average.
    If you want we can go through each game and game situation to make a fair assessment.
    With the Logic you are providing, Pakistan should stick with Hafeez at the top of the order because he has scored so many runs. In reality that is not the case.

Way below average? - Yes he has a lot to work on, but below average?
    It is funny that as soon as a player who can score runs down the order comes into the team and Pakistan can post reasonable totals they start to win games.
    Also I have never stated he has been our best batsmen.

Exactly, thank you. It's nonsensical, so I don't know why you mentioned the Malinga point in the first place. Malinga has owned how many top class batsmen in his career? - It's why I brought the point of Steyn in, because if you can say Malinga owned Bhatti but Afridi had Malinga struggling, then I could so easily say Bhatti had Steyn and Steyn had Afridi struggling. Works both ways.
    So I ask you the same question you just asked me, does that mean Afridi is better than all of them and should come in ahead of them?

3. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Mate you must have lot of time to argue on this useless topic.. this is my last post and I cba to repeat the same thing again and again.

Malinga owned plenty of batsmen, true but this was not a tulla inning from Afridi. Afridi had played Malinga with ease in past as well and has the ability to play him in future as wwell not a one-off inning like Bhatti.. you don't need to be genius to understand this.. also ask any expert and they will ay afridi is a much much better batsman than Bhatti.. tbh Bhatti doesn't even deserve to play if Junaid/Irfan and Gul all are playing.. and as per logic Bhatti is better and CONSISTENT than afridi then why didn't he finish or win yesterday match?

You don't need stats to prove Afridi worth to a team both as a batsman and as a bowler. He is miles ahead of Bhatti in both aspects, saying Bhatti is better than Afridi is just taking a piss tbh.. afridi was and will always be a much better batsman than Bhatti.. hyping someone who just scored few runs here there and promoting him over afridi is beyond logic.

Coming to Hafeez point, I don't know how you are linking that point to this, Hafeez is having average of 26 ( odis) after over a hundred matches so if you go by his overall stats and runs, he doesn't deserve to be in Top 3 whereas in Afridi case, he has scored 7k + runs and is averaging 23 with a strike rate of over 100 which is more than enough for someone who bats at number 7 ... so that point of your doesn't make any sense even if you take Hafeez whole career into account.

Lastly Afridi is batting at number 7 not 4th or 5th or even 6th that you are making such a big issue out of it and everytime starts complaining when he bats at number 7 ... and he is more than capable for this position.. there are many other things to worry about than Afridi batting at number 7 or 8.

RapidSnake29

4. Victorious Pakistan

Victorious Pakistan Smooth Operator

Feb 29, 2012
    You have made up things in this post which I never said and done the same in previous posts hence are missing the points I am making. For example, when did I say what I will quote below? - I look forward to you showing me that.

One of Innings from Bhatti? - He made a match winning partnership in the first ODI and then his late order hitting in the second ODI helped Pakistan produce another match winning total. Those two games he was up against Morkel and Steyn was he not? - So no, it was not a one off innings.
    Bhatti played his part yesterday before playing a poor shot. He stuck around with Afridi who was playing very well, and that was what was required.

Afridi's worth to the team as a batsmen? - Not much worth.
    Afridi's worth to the team as a bowler? - Pakistan's best recently.
    Miles ahead of Bhatti as a bowler, yes for now he is because of his wicket taking ability. Miles ahead as a batsmen? - That is ridiculous.

Those here and there runs won Pakistan 2 games in the end did it not?

5. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Ok yaar make afridi bat at number 11 because he isn't consistent and predictable.

• List
  6. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Had Bhatti not played that poor shot, it would have increased his stock value in the team by a lot. Khair good one to groom iA..he's still young.

7. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    Don't we have better things to discuss. Such as, lack of tests, Sehti vs IHC, ect.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  8. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Or about batsmen instead of complaining about why Afridi is batting above Bhatti.

• List
  9. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    crucial 34 runs. Without that quickfire innings we would barely make 300 and he was our best bowler...could have had more wickets but for some reason misbah bowled him for 7 overs.

• List
  10. baqir

baqir Cornered Tiger

Sep 17, 2012
    Maybe Afridi didn't want to ball anymore. If he wanted to, he couldv'e gone up to Misbah and said "Give me my full quota, I'm a senior here".

11. Momo

Momo Emerging Player

Mar 2, 2012
    Or, considering how modest he is, he could have communicated his desire in more indirect ways, such as subtly biting on the ball.

12. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Far from it atleast this year. Afridi's brutal hitting in both games has been exactly the sort of late over firepower we've consistently lacked since Abdul Razzaq left. That six onto the extra cover roof was one of the best shots I've seen

• List
  13. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Bowling is also quite good.. bit expensive in last match though

14. Top Spinner

Top Spinner Tracer Bullet

Feb 27, 2013
    can not bowl,can not bat,selfish Afridi become captain again.. :slap

15. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  16. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Modern day Imran

• List
  17. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011

Yeah, Lala will retire when he brings a WC in his Captaincy.

18. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    :shrug I hope so but we have no batting and now bowling is crap too.

19. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011

This is Pakistan, never write them off NEVER.

20. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Lala will retire when someone kicks him out.

21. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Still our Batting sucks.

22. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Ain't nobody out there who can kick Lala out :angry

23. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    :lol He also uses drugs?

24. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Lala is to cricket what sharif is to government.

25. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Afridi will captain Pakistan and win the 2019 world final at lords.

20 years after wasim's lions got mauled by aussie sharks, shahibzada's tigers will wipe the ghosts from 1999 and create lifetime memories in North London.

26. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

Yes. Can't wait for 2019 WC with bhuddas like Misbah, Afridi and Malik in the team. It's gonna be great :lol

27. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Didn't we all think Afridi won't play 2015 World Cup in Aus after Mohali? Strange things happen

28. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

No. Why would people think that? Afridi was still decent back then and his age wasn't catching up, now it is. He is not good anymore, he is declining big time, because of his age, he is losing his bowling and his batting is losing it as well, because of that.

It is an entirely different situation. Afridi won't be playing in the 2019 WC. Bookmark this post if you want.

29. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Many thought Afridi won't make it till 2015 WC. I remember on PP threads were made about Afridi should be axed etc

Bowling has declined yes. Ok I shall bookmark.

30. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    all those players of world u mentioned are ordinary when compared to greatest cricketer of modern era Shahid Khan Afridi Boom Boom in my view!!

31. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

gali.jpg

just kidding shahzad :p

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 5
    • List