Afridi's ideal position

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by CricBabaG, Mar 7, 2014.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. CricBabaG

CricBabaG Youngsta Beauty

Mar 7, 2014
    Afridi should be sent between 10-15th over.
    His lasting performances are when he plays in those overs.
    One of the greatest performances in India, T20 World Cup came in the overs when there are only two fielders outside the ring.

Cheers

2. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Nice to meet you. Afridi's best position is 7/8. Around 40-45th over.

3. CricBabaG

CricBabaG Youngsta Beauty

Mar 7, 2014
    His centuries are when he played those overs. Pakistan is guaranteed to win T20 Cup, if he plays there.

4. oiqbal

oiqbal Youngsta Beauty

Sep 17, 2012
    I would say number 7/8, he has been performing well in last over, so they shouldnt move him up the order. But it all depends on over top order batsmans aswell. If they get out early in the innings, then he has to face over earlier. But our batting line up have been good recently, insh Allah we will be fine with this young squad. T20 this year is our :)

5. SherazAK

SherazAK Youngsta Beauty

Jul 14, 2013
    Always believed Afridi's best position was to open the innings when the fielders are in. However, all it takes is 1-3 fails and then the management drop him down the order to #7 when the RRR is usually 8-10 when he comes in to bat.

6. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    I think people always forget that Afridi is not the same Afridi anymore, he is declining despite of his great knocks lately. He is suited down at 7/8 where he gets the chance to face the spinners and medium pacers, unleash the assault.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  7. Asif Abbasi

Asif Abbasi Youngsta Beauty

Sep 19, 2012
    I think Afridi has very clearly said it himself... Anytime, when he just needs to play around 25-30 balls, and doesn't have to think too much other than given a license to kill!

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  8. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Afridi is best as floater, a pinch hitter who takes chances if RR needs a boost.

9. kammu70

kammu70 Youngsta Beauty

Oct 4, 2012
    Depending on whether setting up a target or chasing. If chasing then 6th or 7th but if setting up a target then 7th or 8th.

10. greenkill3r

greenkill3r Youngsta Beauty

Mar 8, 2014
    This is what he said after the game against india, and then repeated it after the Bangladesh win. Need to make sure that the batting doesn't collapse and he comes in with 10 overs to go and a set platform so he has the license to hit big.

11. muslym

muslym Youngsta Beauty

Mar 8, 2014
    I reckon his current position is iddeal cz we cant depend much on him.usually we expect handy 20-30 runs at this position from him

12. Zubair Naeem Paracha

Zubair Naeem Paracha Youngsta Beauty

Sep 16, 2012
    He is not the same Afridi anymore. He said it himself that he likes to come in the last few overs when hes given the license to do what hes best at. He shouldnt have a fixed position, should come into bat whenever we have 7-8 overs left.

13. YK2010

YK2010 Youngsta Beauty

Oct 18, 2010
    Number 7 seems fine for now as he seems to be in form. Ideally i would have him at 8.

14. ataif

ataif Youngsta Beauty

Sep 29, 2012
    afridis best positon is best at 7

15. Reverse Swing

Reverse Swing Talented

Jul 30, 2013
    The batting number can change but he should be sent around the 35th - 40th over, just before the powerplay and he may actually have a chance of taking his record back for the fastest century :).

16. Reverse Swing

Reverse Swing Talented

Jul 30, 2013
    Looks like Afridi will have to come earlier today (overs wise). It would be intersting to see.

17. Aufhebung

Aufhebung Youngsta Beauty

May 8, 2010
  18. FarazFarazFaraz

FarazFarazFaraz Youngsta Beauty

Mar 8, 2014
  19. sufian

sufian Youngsta Beauty

Mar 8, 2014
    afridi's ideal position doesnt matter...he needs to come in with 7-10 overs left...since he only bats one way

20. shirazir

shirazir Youngsta Beauty

May 23, 2010
    I know I'm going against the grain but I see value in Afridi as an opener. You essentially look at any quick runs he scores as a bonus and a wicket lost is one that was bound to happen, at least you don't chance him in clutch situations too often this way.