Afridi's tweet in support of Kashmiris draws criticism from Indian twitteratis

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by chandtara, Apr 3, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
  2. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    This is what UN and other Intl organisations believe about Azad Kashmir ... next?

upload_2018-4-9_15-21-37.png

3. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    It's good to know that you can Google but it would have been better if you could read.

Go through point number #2 mentioned in that link again and try to figure out what "Part I and Part II of the commission's resolution" refers to.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  4. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    So Wikipedia, that every Tom **** and Harry can go and edit, is your source?

Here, watch this.. Next?

5. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    It's disappointing to see some kids trying to distort history just for the sake of winning an argument on a forum.

6. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
  7. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    Not the first time you used this video in your defense. In this video Prof Christine Fair snap at a Pakistani questioner who referred to the UNSC resolutions on Kashmir. She averred that Pakistan violated the UNSC Resolution 47 (1948) calling for a plebiscite by refusing to withdraw “tribesmen” from the territory of the state.

However, this is a half-truth. Pakistan had expressed reservations to the resolution which led to the formation of the United Nations Commission for India and Pakistan and finally to Resolution 98 (1952) allowing Pakistan to deploy up to 6,000 troops and India up to 18,000. Pakistan accepted the resolution, but India rejected it invoking change of circumstances because of reports of an incipient Pakistan-US defence treaty.

Like as I said thousand and thousand of times, you only want to show half-truth and conveniently skip details which favors Pakistan, very typical of you.

8. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    And its also very disappointing to see you trying to twist history and only highlighting that part of the truth which suits your agenda.

9. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    What is your point? Is it India that needs to fulfill step 1 of the resolution? Or is it that everyone should pretend nothing exists in the resolution other than step 3?

10. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    Azad Kashmir is part of Pakistan, tribesmen and others voted to stay with Pakistan after the referendum there. Therefore, I don't think Pakistan will withdraw its troops after, not to mention after all the investment has been done. As a matter of fact, let alone Pakistan, nobody other country will ever do it, India included. Hypnotically speaking if first step is for India to remove all its forces from IoK, will it ever do it, never.

11. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Azad Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan together make PoK, they are a part of Kashmir and hence disputed. Aksai Chin is also a part of Kashmir held by China, which is again disputed.

Why would Step #1 of the UN resolution ask your troops to vacate PoK if that region belonged to Pakistan?

12. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    We did a referendum there and the votes were to stay in Pakistan. Specially after all the investment Pakistan did

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  13. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Which referendum was this? Google doesn't show up anything.

You got any source?

14. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
  15. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Here is the resolution from the UN website. Scroll down to page 4, Section A under S/726.

http://www.un.org/en/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=S/RES/51(1948)

Let's hear your excuse now.

16. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    You can some serious comprehension problems. You dismissed my source and said that anyone can edit it. And then you gave your favorite video of Fair, wherein she snapped Pakistani questioner and stated that Pakistan violated the UNSC Resolution 47 (1948).

However, Pakistan had expressed reservations to the resolution which led to the formation of the United Nations Commission for India and Pakistan and finally to Resolution 98 (1952) allowing Pakistan to deploy up to 6,000 troops and India up to 18,000. Pakistan accepted the resolution, but India rejected it invoking change of circumstances because of reports of an incipient Pakistan-US defence treaty.

In response of this why would one provide link of UN site? To point out that Pakistan must withdraw its troops? Ain't gonna happen.

17. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
  18. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Sadly for you, the world media doesn't care much about covering Kashmir. Everyone can see through Pakistan's lies.

By the way, you have conveniently ignored two things in the last five posts:

1. Why do you think UN resolution would ask Pakistan to vacate it's troops from PoK if that region was not disputed and was a part of Pakistan as you claim?

2. Your source citing the referendum that you claim has happened in PoK.

19. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    Like as I said, you have comprehension issue, I have already mentioned what I have to and its all documented here with all the links. No point reiterating things which I have said already.

20. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Well you can do with not lying.

Where is the link of the PoK referendum?

21. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
  22. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
  23. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    The point is that Afridi fans claim his tweet is not politically motivated and he is genuinely concerned about humanity. That's bullshit.

Why doesn't he show any concern about atrocities happening to Shias, Ahmadis and other minorities in Pakistan first? Kashmiris are not even Pakistanis in the first place, then why do they come higher in his pecking order than Pakistani citizens?

And the quoted incident happened three months ago. Not a squeak from him. Humanity my foot.

24. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    As for referendum I read some material but it was misleading, I wouldn't shy away to admit it, because I am not rigid and stubborn poster like you who never accept if at fault and only highlight one aspect of the story.

Coming to minorities issues in Pakistan. Its not just Pakistani, minorities have issues even in country like Canada. Canadian's mindset and approach towards indigenous is for all to see. Racism towards french speaking people is highly noticeable as well. Also I don't have to explain how racist Americans are towards their minorities, specially towards blacks. At the end of the day frequency of such unfortunate events matters a lot.

By the same token, Hindu terrorist group like RSS makes headline very often. Atrocity against minorities, specially against Muslim who consume meat and frequency of such events is very high, but you will never acknowledge it, because you only do chest beating on something which suits your agenda. What happens to Muslims and in IoK is not your concern and you will never raise your voice, so in that sense you're spot on when you say "Humanity my foot".

25. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Well what motivates you to argue on an internet forum regarding Kashmir? Is it politically motivated?
    Atrocities are happening in kashmir. Accept it, there is no need to defend it, it is not your or any average Indians fault. Yes atrocities happen in balochistan and other parts of Pakistan aswell, we accept it. But it is certainly not on the same level as what is happening in kashmir.

26. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Nobody is defending what's happening in Kashmir. Just that we are allowed to raise questions in a democracy.

Why are Kashmiris not fleeing to Pakistan (like Rohingya Muslims did to India) considering this supposed barbarity they are being forced to endure?

And please don't get me started on Balochistan. These should open your eyes wide enough:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/mar/29/balochistan-pakistans-secret-dirty-war

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/f...-hole-media-balochistan-2014238128156825.html

27. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    When I said that you're a rigid, stubborn poster who always try to twist and turn the argument to support his agenda, I didn't say it after looking at your 4/5 post. I analysed many of your posts and pattern is consistent. It doesn't end here, you also have some serious comprehension issues as well.

This is what @Disco Lemonade said.

And is return, you said that, you're not defending what's happening in Kashmir and yet you're whining about Balochistan, because this is what you want to paint on wall that Balochistan is a bigger issue than IoK - seriously?

In Balochistan groups like Baloch Liberation Army and other groups are active against the state and gets aids from PAK enemies to spread unrest. To sabotage CPEC is on top of their agenda and they do everything in their power to stop and hinder it. Of course nobody is stupid enough to say that we're doing it due to CPEC

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/wor...ront-chief-says-would-welcome-help-india.html

PAK forces only acts against terrorist groups, which every country do, including yours. PAK forces don't torture civilians, they don't do mass blinding, they dont use pellet guns on protesters and they don't do the following with their citizens.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...in-kashmir-is-this-worlds-first-mass-blinding

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...s-kashmir-accused-human-rights-abuses-coverup

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/29/...ashmir-protests-cause-dead-eyes-epidemic.html

https://www.thenewsminute.com/artic...ilous-pellet-guns-against-kashmiris-now-46546

PAK forces don't torture minority leaders like Yasin Malik, not even to people like Achakzai, who spit venom day in day out.

So in a nutshell, stop comparing and Balochistan with IoK and stop painting that human rights abuse is much higher in Balochistan compare to IoK.

If even after all this you still have nerves to come and still defend all this and yet point figures towards Balochistan then it clearly means that you don't accept and aren't ashamed on what happens in IoK and only dragging this argument like a stubborn poster for no reason.

28. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    In that entire litany, you didn't answer the one question I asked in my previous post. Well done.

29. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    In that entire litany, you didn't answer the one question I asked in my previous post. Once again, why are Kashmiris not taking refuge in Pakistan from these atrocities?

And you do not have a leg to stand on when you cry about this when it was Pakistan who invaded the region in 1947 and systematically murdered and eliminated the Kashmiri Pandits. If Kashmiris were dying so much to merge with Pakistan, what was the need to invade the region?

And most Indians are pro CPEC, so stop this imagination that sabotaging it is our goal. Didn't a couple of these Chinese minions thrash your police force one or two weeks ago? This is just the beginning.

One thing that you can be rest assured from China is that it won't allow these cultist Mullahs and their followers to thrive once they gain control. Muslims are even banned from growing beards and fasting during Ramadan in Xinjiang (so much for the deeper than oceans friendship). They are the last people to tolerate such nonsense.

And that is a direct benefit to India. If the price of that is a little corridor through our land, I believe it's a good deal.

I am surprised this CPEC rip off has not started sinking in yet to most Pakistanis. China has given you loans for this project at substantially high rates and Pakistan have ensured guaranteed percentage returns to them, that is, you will be paying for something that primarily benefits them (it's their trade route to other countries in Asia). India doesn't need to sabotage anything my friend, you are on a self destruction mode.

30. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    All CPEC contracts are with Chinese companies, and they are exporting Chinese labour to Pakistan (allegedly criminals rotting away in their jails) to work on CPEC. So no Pakistani gets employment in their project. Plus you need to spend millions to provide security to these Chinese labour, and they feel free to attack these poor security guys when they are not happy. And this entire infrastructure is loaned to you. So you pay for building their trade route. LOL.

Also, they are setting up coal power plants for electricity generation (again loaned to you). These coal plants are banned even in China.

I don't see "Kashmir Banega Pakistan" materialising in my lifetime but "Pakistan Banega Cheen" is very likely to happen.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    • Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • List
  31. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
  32. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    LOL at India doesn't irk by CPEC. Of course it does and inline are India's concern,

Chinese String of Pearls.
    China has been increasing its presence in the Indian Ocean with the ‘String of Pearls’ ambition: A term coined by the Americans and often used by Indian defence analysts to refer to a Chinese game-plan of encircling India through a network of airfields and ports.

With an existing presence in Chittagong port (Bangladesh), Hambantota port (Sri Lanka), Port Sudan (Sudan), Maldives, Somalia and Seychelles, a control of Gwadar port establishes complete dominance of the Indian ocean by the Communist nation.

Stronger OBOR and Chinese Dominance in Trade Leadership
    China’s one-belt-one-road (OBOR) project that focuses on the trade connectivity between China and the rest of Eurasia through a network of ports, roads and railways has been often seen as China’s plan to dominate the region politically. CPEC is one giant step in the same direction.

The recent US withdrawal from the TPP (Trans Pacific Partnership) has already left the member countries of Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore and Vietnam looking to China for global leadership in trade. An uncertain EU after Britain’s withdrawal and a weakened NAFTA, the renegotiation of which seems certain in the Trump regime, will only help establish China’s superiority across the globe.

A China that is more accepted and integrated with the rest of the global economy will have a better say in the UN and with individual nations, which may prove to be bad news for an India aspiring to acquire a permanent seat at the UN Security Council.

Emergence of Pakistan as an Outsourcing Destination
    Often referred to as the ‘Marshall Plan’ of China – named after a historic US plan to provide financial aid to western Europe in the aftermath of World War 2, which helped Europe rebuild itself – CPEC is poised to speed up Pakistan’s economic progress.

Development of commercial towns adjoining the corridor and better rail and road connectivity enabling the movement of a skilled workforce from the hinterlands to the urban centres can help Pakistan emerge as a key destination for contract-manufacturing-outsourcing for the WEestern economies. This is more probable at a time when India is becoming costlier and Bangladesh has performed poorly on quality and regulatory standards.

With the logistics of cost and transit time coming down, Pakistani exports, especially from the MSMEs, will also gain an international market, posing serious competition to Indian OEMs and handicraft manufacturers that rely largely on overseas consumers.

Pakistani exports, mainly in the textile and construction material industry, compete directly with those of India in the US and UAE – two of the top three trading partners of both countries. With the supply of raw material from China becoming easier, Pakistan will be suitably placed to become a regional market leader in these sectors – mainly at the cost of Indian export volumes.

Now coming on CPEC and what's in it for PAK. Its an utter hogwash that CPEC has nothing in it for PAK. CPEC has provided 60,000 jobs to Pakistanis since 2015 and that it would create over 800,000 new jobs in different sectors up to 2030.

21 energy projects planned under CPEC will double Pakistan's current capacity of electricity production by producing 16,400-megawatt electricity after their completion. All the power projects are not done yet, but already CPEC power project has brought a great change in Pakistan's energy sector by bringing 13-14 hours a day load-shedding in 2013 to minimal in 60/70 percent areas of the country. Over $33 billion worth of energy infrastructure will be constructed eventually.

CPEC benefits are already evident to the people of Pakistan as it has helped the country achieve a 5.3-percent growth rate in 2017, the highest in last 10 years.

Gwadar is not fully functional, but when it will, it's going to promote the economic development of Pakistan and become a gateway for Central Asian countries, including Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, linking Sri Lanka, Iran and Xinjiang to undertake marine transport.

This all development would result in revenue in the shape of tax and duties from the moving goods but, this revenue would just be peanut against the opportunities which provincial governments would get in the shape of infrastructure for development of industrial estates and with reduced taxation on locally produced goods Pakistan would be able to compete India and China in international markets.

But of course, you and others like you will call it self destruction.

33. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    OK so by this marvelous notion, all Palestinians should've dished out Palestinian to Israel long time ago and should've migrated to neighbouring countries or regions, why they're still living there? I will let you figure it out, even though it will be a hell of a challenge for somebody like you who has IQ level of 50 or maybe even blow.

34. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    If you cannot reply without indulging in personal attacks, then please don't bother quoting or tagging me.

I asked you a couple of very simple questions.

1. Why have Kashmiris not taken refuge in Pakistan like Rohingya Muslims have taken in India. Even the Kashmiri pundits fled from the scene back in the days.

2. Why did Pakistan invade Kashmir if Kashmiris had always wanted to merge with Pakistan?

35. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    I am sorry if I offended you and I know you will take it again as personal attack but I have to say what's right, you have some serious comprehension issues, because the post you quoted me back was the answer of your number 1.

Coming on the second part, so called "invasion" took place because the right of final future of the state was never given to the people of Kashmir to decide. And BTW why should a Muslim majority state would want to stay with India? How many stats do you have with Muslim majority in the first place?

36. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    1. I gave you two examples of people fleeing when faced with atrocities in my earlier post (Rohingya Muslims and Kashmiri Pundits), and asked why haven't Kashmiri Muslims run away to Pakistan in a similar manner when you claim Indian Army is torturing them. Your reply was "I will let you figure it out", which is just a classic cop out.

2. No country invades a region where the people of that region already see themselves as citizens of that country which is invading them. What is hard to understand here?

And what do mean by "so called" invasion? Read history. Pakistan attacked Kashmir when it was independent, murdered and raped the Pundits and Hindus and drove them away. And now crying for Kashmir's independence. Everyone can see through this irony which is why even the UN doesn't care everytime your PM runs to them.

J & K as well as PoK is Indian territory LEGALLY. The UN recognises that too which is why the first step of their Kashmir resolution asks the Pakistan Army to vacate it's forces from PoK.

37. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    @Mohan.
    Wrong again, this is what I said in reply and that's what why I said "I'll let you figure it out". Clearly I can see that you're still struggling, try harder.

OK so by this marvelous notion, all Palestinians should've dished out Palestinian to Israel long time ago and should've migrated to neighbouring countries or regions, why they're still living there? I will let you figure it out, even though it will be a hell of a challenge for somebody like you who has IQ level of 50 or maybe even blow.

LOL at IoK and Azad Kahsmir are Indian territory. Maharaja signed an Instrument of Accession, handing over control of defense, external affairs and communications to the Government of India. He never dish out Kashmir to India, which is IoK.

Yes many people want to be part of Pakistan or they may want to stay independent, but it will never get materialized as long as you have 6.5 to 7.5 hundred thousand Army in IoK. Why the ratio of police to people is the highest in Kashmir among your all states?

Again "invasion" took place because the right of final future of the state was never given to the people of Kashmir to decide. The reason was Maharaja, who was a despotic ruler hated by the masses, and as result, he faced uprising from Muslim people including tribal militias.

38. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Lol so now the tribal militia didn't invade Kashmir, and they were just a part of the "uprising". :D

There is absolutely no point in debating with someone who will blatantly deny even historical events.

39. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
  40. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    I don't need to take history lessons from you, but you need to refine you google searching skills.

Indeed an uprising against your beloved Maharaja broke out in Poonch Jagir, a place which is at the border. Starting as a local affair, it eventually let to the war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1947_Poonch_rebellion