Afridi's tweet in support of Kashmiris draws criticism from Indian twitteratis

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by chandtara, Apr 3, 2018.

1. iho

iho Cricistan Poster Of The Fortnight [2 Apr - 16 Apr] Poster of the Fortnight

Aug 7, 2010
  2. Del

Del Smooth Operator

Dec 21, 2016
    This is what UN and other Intl organisations believe about Azad Kashmir ... next?

upload_2018-4-9_15-21-37.png

3. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    It's good to know that you can Google but it would have been better if you could read.

Go through point number #2 mentioned in that link again and try to figure out what "Part I and Part II of the commission's resolution" refers to.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  4. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    So Wikipedia, that every Tom **** and Harry can go and edit, is your source?

Here, watch this.. Next?

5. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    It's disappointing to see some kids trying to distort history just for the sake of winning an argument on a forum.

6. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
  7. Del

Del Smooth Operator

Dec 21, 2016
    Not the first time you used this video in your defense. In this video Prof Christine Fair snap at a Pakistani questioner who referred to the UNSC resolutions on Kashmir. She averred that Pakistan violated the UNSC Resolution 47 (1948) calling for a plebiscite by refusing to withdraw “tribesmen” from the territory of the state.

However, this is a half-truth. Pakistan had expressed reservations to the resolution which led to the formation of the United Nations Commission for India and Pakistan and finally to Resolution 98 (1952) allowing Pakistan to deploy up to 6,000 troops and India up to 18,000. Pakistan accepted the resolution, but India rejected it invoking change of circumstances because of reports of an incipient Pakistan-US defence treaty.

Like as I said thousand and thousand of times, you only want to show half-truth and conveniently skip details which favors Pakistan, very typical of you.

8. Del

Del Smooth Operator

Dec 21, 2016
    And its also very disappointing to see you trying to twist history and only highlighting that part of the truth which suits your agenda.

9. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    What is your point? Is it India that needs to fulfill step 1 of the resolution? Or is it that everyone should pretend nothing exists in the resolution other than step 3?

10. Del

Del Smooth Operator

Dec 21, 2016
    Azad Kashmir is part of Pakistan, tribesmen and others voted to stay with Pakistan after the referendum there. Therefore, I don't think Pakistan will withdraw its troops after, not to mention after all the investment has been done. As a matter of fact, let alone Pakistan, nobody other country will ever do it, India included. Hypnotically speaking if first step is for India to remove all its forces from IoK, will it ever do it, never.

11. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Azad Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan together make PoK, they are a part of Kashmir and hence disputed. Aksai Chin is also a part of Kashmir held by China, which is again disputed.

Why would Step #1 of the UN resolution ask your troops to vacate PoK if that region belonged to Pakistan?

12. Del

Del Smooth Operator

Dec 21, 2016
    We did a referendum there and the votes were to stay in Pakistan. Specially after all the investment Pakistan did

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  13. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Which referendum was this? Google doesn't show up anything.

You got any source?

14. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
  15. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Here is the resolution from the UN website. Scroll down to page 4, Section A under S/726.

http://www.un.org/en/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=S/RES/51(1948)

Let's hear your excuse now.

16. Del

Del Smooth Operator

Dec 21, 2016
    You can some serious comprehension problems. You dismissed my source and said that anyone can edit it. And then you gave your favorite video of Fair, wherein she snapped Pakistani questioner and stated that Pakistan violated the UNSC Resolution 47 (1948).

However, Pakistan had expressed reservations to the resolution which led to the formation of the United Nations Commission for India and Pakistan and finally to Resolution 98 (1952) allowing Pakistan to deploy up to 6,000 troops and India up to 18,000. Pakistan accepted the resolution, but India rejected it invoking change of circumstances because of reports of an incipient Pakistan-US defence treaty.

In response of this why would one provide link of UN site? To point out that Pakistan must withdraw its troops? Ain't gonna happen.

17. Del

Del Smooth Operator

Dec 21, 2016
  18. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Sadly for you, the world media doesn't care much about covering Kashmir. Everyone can see through Pakistan's lies.

By the way, you have conveniently ignored two things in the last five posts:

1. Why do you think UN resolution would ask Pakistan to vacate it's troops from PoK if that region was not disputed and was a part of Pakistan as you claim?

2. Your source citing the referendum that you claim has happened in PoK.

19. Del

Del Smooth Operator

Dec 21, 2016
    Like as I said, you have comprehension issue, I have already mentioned what I have to and its all documented here with all the links. No point reiterating things which I have said already.

20. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Well you can do with not lying.

Where is the link of the PoK referendum?

21. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
  22. iho

iho Cricistan Poster Of The Fortnight [2 Apr - 16 Apr] Poster of the Fortnight

Aug 7, 2010
  23. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    The point is that Afridi fans claim his tweet is not politically motivated and he is genuinely concerned about humanity. That's bullshit.

Why doesn't he show any concern about atrocities happening to Shias, Ahmadis and other minorities in Pakistan first? Kashmiris are not even Pakistanis in the first place, then why do they come higher in his pecking order than Pakistani citizens?

And the quoted incident happened three months ago. Not a squeak from him. Humanity my foot.

24. Del

Del Smooth Operator

Dec 21, 2016
    As for referendum I read some material but it was misleading, I wouldn't shy away to admit it, because I am not rigid and stubborn poster like you who never accept if at fault and only highlight one aspect of the story.

Coming to minorities issues in Pakistan. Its not just Pakistani, minorities have issues even in country like Canada. Canadian's mindset and approach towards indigenous is for all to see. Racism towards french speaking people is highly noticeable as well. Also I don't have to explain how racist Americans are towards their minorities, specially towards blacks. At the end of the day frequency of such unfortunate events matters a lot.

By the same token, Hindu terrorist group like RSS makes headline very often. Atrocity against minorities, specially against Muslim who consume meat and frequency of such events is very high, but you will never acknowledge it, because you only do chest beating on something which suits your agenda. What happens to Muslims and in IoK is not your concern and you will never raise your voice, so in that sense you're spot on when you say "Humanity my foot".

25. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Well what motivates you to argue on an internet forum regarding Kashmir? Is it politically motivated?
    Atrocities are happening in kashmir. Accept it, there is no need to defend it, it is not your or any average Indians fault. Yes atrocities happen in balochistan and other parts of Pakistan aswell, we accept it. But it is certainly not on the same level as what is happening in kashmir.

26. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Nobody is defending what's happening in Kashmir. Just that we are allowed to raise questions in a democracy.

Why are Kashmiris not fleeing to Pakistan (like Rohingya Muslims did to India) considering this supposed barbarity they are being forced to endure?

And please don't get me started on Balochistan. These should open your eyes wide enough:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/mar/29/balochistan-pakistans-secret-dirty-war

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/f...-hole-media-balochistan-2014238128156825.html