Ahmed Shehzad should join Qalandars next year as their captain

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Alchemy, Feb 24, 2017.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mamoon

Mamoon Youngsta Beauty

Jan 6, 2015
    Fantastic innings, fully deserves to be back in all three formats. One can ignore the blind haters who have no substance in their arguments and thus, can never be taken seriously. They will find ways to diss him even if he scores a 300 in an ODI.

2. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Match winning innings in a big match to take Quetta to the final by Ahmed Shehzad today scoring 71 at a SR of 186. Amazing stuff, just brilliant. If that doesnt warrants a place in the Pakistani side, then nothing would. Burnol stock meanwhile in some areas is again short. Has happened quite a lot in the past two weeks.

3. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    I was reading MRSN's thread on the other website and i was rather shocked at the attitude of @Rhythm and @aliasad1998 who were showing their deep seated bias. An ugly sight and i hope no team has as awful and knuckle headed fans as them.

4. Mamoon

Mamoon Youngsta Beauty

Jan 6, 2015
    He had a torrid time for Pakistan in 2015-16, he got dropped from all formats and has since performed in every competition. This is how you respond to getting dropped. Full respect to him for working hard and keeping his focus instead of sulking. Umar Akmal could learn a thing or two from him, who just keeps getting worse and fat.

Inzamam more than just hinted that he will be rewarded for his performance. Great chance for him to establish himself in all three formats, especially with the fat fixer gone.

5. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    Great knock by Shehzad. I was wrong about him.

6. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Did Inzi make a comment just recently?

7. Don Duckman

Don Duckman Tracer Bullet

Apr 7, 2014
    I don't think he will be successful, he is the same old Shehzad who hits it big in BPL and domestics but can't make it at international level. The main reason for that is his inability to rotate the strike or find gaps.

But he should be selected after his recent domestic performance. Fair is fair. I'd like to see him in T20s or tests, keep him away from ODIs.

8. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Select him in t20s but keep him away from ODIs. Keya logic hai, don. Bravo. Dont know if burnol is available in france but any burn related oinntment would help you.

9. Don Duckman

Apr 7, 2014
    So according to you he is better in ODIs than T20s and tests?

10. Desi_Joker

Desi_Joker Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 18, 2012
    The most talented hard hitting emerging player of the PSL seems to be a fan of Ahmad as well.

11. Desi_Joker

Jun 18, 2012
    @Don Duckman , who would you pick as openers in the ODI side now with Azhar out of the captaincy (and most likely out of the team with that) and Sharjeel most likely banned?

12. Don Duckman

Apr 7, 2014
    Babar/Hafeez + Fakhar/Talat

13. Desi_Joker

Jun 18, 2012
    Decent choices.

I'm not sure about Hafeez, but he'll most likely be the first opener on the list now due to his experience. I think Fakhar has done enough to earn a call-up, but I don't think Inzi will give Talat a call so soon. Shahzad I think will most likely be one of the three openers (other two being Fakhar and Hafeez... and Babar if you want to count him in the opening slot, although I think he should stick to batting at 3 in ODIs)

14. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Shehzad won't take Lahore to playoffs. He's not a leader.
    And I doubt Quetta will release him unless they go full retard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    Burn kid burn. You can't spot talent for shit. Shehzad is the real deal.

16. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    Someone will still say 'rubbish' , lol.

17. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Apr 26, 2011
    Real deal lol

18. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    I am actually against selecting shehzad as opener in t20s. 1 down is the position he should play. And yes, i am all in for selecting him in ODIs and tests.

19. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Hes not a leader? LMAO. And Azhar and Misbah were? Joke of the century. I think you missed out on the fact that the same guy you call as not being a leader just led the peshawar side and his HBL side to silverware. At least do some research before posting the usual drivel based on your prejudice.

20. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Fakhar in ODIs but not Shehzad. Hahaha. Hilarious. Don, you have been exposed.

21. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Not surprised to see the usual suspects posting the same thing again and again. Man, humans are stubborn when it comes to being ignorant.

22. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Apr 26, 2011
    Concentrate on the post not on who is posting

23. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    @Alchemy and shehzad owning all their haters on cs.

24. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Azhar, no. Misbah yes, are you blind ? did you not see Misbah lead the side to some of the biggest victories in the last 5 years ?

Shehzad has that arrogance in him which can never be a good sign for someone to become a leader. Heck he even showed his gems when he was about to become for T20

PS: if you haven't seen him speak in 2009 and now. You should see how he has copied Afridi style which in his minds makes him look like a leader, in fact he looks like a complete idiot

25. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Shehzad was made captain for the Peshawar and HBL side for the first time this year. In his first stint at captaincy he has been successful in leading his team to silverware twice. This is enough proof and i can see that you have no answer for it all.
    You need arrogance to be a leader because you need to have high self expectations. Btw, what major victories by Misbah? He was a garbage LOI captain and we got owned in South Africa, Australia and Newzeland and also lost a frigging test match to zimbabwe of all teams.

26. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    So by your logic

Someone who won U-19 world cups, A tours and took a side who was written off by everyone shouldn't be captain but someone who is arrogant and got two silverwares this year as captain should be

L M F A Out

27. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    So, Misbah won U-19 WCs and A tours? What?

28. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Misbah won against no.1 Test sides, 3 times. Became the only captain from ASIA to win series against SA in SA

and I'm talking about Sarfraz who should have been leading the side after Misbah left. Sarfraz is a natural leader, he has all the tools and skills. Watch his interview and what he told Nawaz in the presentation ceremony.
    That's how a leader behaves and lead. Leaders don't whine

29. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Are you in your senses? I am talking about Lahore Qalandars captaincy and you have brought up Sarfraz. What even, man..

30. Don Duckman

Apr 7, 2014
    Fakhar is a leftie, Shehzad is a right hander. They are not in competition. Is Shehzad better than Babar/Hafeez?

31. Don Duckman

Apr 7, 2014
    Of course you do. The question is which is he better in? He is more suited for T20s and tests, doesn't have the game for ODIs.

32. Don Duckman

Apr 7, 2014
    Hafeez is an absolute bunny in swinging conditions but he is the first name on the sheet in UAE conditions with his all-round ability. Averages 40-50 with the bat and bowls well.

Babar you are right, I am not sure either if he should be at 3 or opening.

33. Mamoon

Mamoon Youngsta Beauty

Jan 6, 2015
    During the Zalmi innings, he strongly hinted that he will be recalled.

34. Karachi-King

Karachi-King Talented

Jun 4, 2011
    Good suggestion

He'll fit in right at home at the team to finish Dead Freakin' Last two years in a row!

35. Don Duckman

Apr 7, 2014
    He's also the top scorer at the team that made it to the final two years in a row.

36. Karachi-King

Karachi-King Talented

Jun 4, 2011
    As for internationals, it seems that a return maybe due soon.

Obviously I wouldn't put a lot of hopes on him because there's been many times where he was dropped, went back to domestics, was brilliant there and got a recall based on that. But upon his return to internationals he showed himself to be the same mediocre batsman he always was.

But the point is we aren't blessed with many options and Sharjeels stupidity has meant that he is no longer an option.

Considering that it may not be the worst idea in the world to call him back.

Finally there are two other things which are in his favor now. The door on Afridi is now closed forever so Shehzad won't have that to fall on to save the day for him when performances don't come. Also no afridi would mean that maybe he will focus on his training and work on his game rather than waste his time romancing Afrdi. He doesn't admit it but there are major deficiencies in his game which a top level batsman wouldn't have. Secondly there is a new coach who though has been a failure so far may take a different approach to Shehzad and the new clean slate would work for Shehzad here.

However this all has been said before and if he fails again and is a nuisance again it will be a waste.

37. Karachi-King

Karachi-King Talented

Jun 4, 2011
    He's always been good in domestic cricket and the stage he is most comfortable with

38. Don Duckman

Apr 7, 2014
    And Lahore is an international team?

39. Karachi-King

Karachi-King Talented

Jun 4, 2011
    Don't follow.

He can go to Lahore and do well personally and still end up dead last....

40. Don Duckman

Apr 7, 2014
    Then he wouldn't fit right in, would he?