1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Ahmed Shehzad should join Qalandars next year as their captain

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Alchemy, Feb 24, 2017.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Karachi-King

Karachi-King Talented

Jun 4, 2011
    No it would be just hilarious

2. Don Duckman

Don Duckman Tracer Bullet

Apr 7, 2014
    Oh right.

3. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    You do know that i do not buy the Left/right combo bullshit. Please dont use this as an argument point again. Shehzad is better than Hafeez. I cannot compare him to babar as he does not play in the same position as Shehzad. Babar has shown weakness against the in swinging ball and has strike rate issues too but its too early to make a judgement on him. He is a good player for now.

He is good for all the three formats. However, i feel that he should play the role of anchor in both ODIs and t20s and should play at 1 down rather than as an opener ideally. It is because he is the only player in the team that has shown and has the capability to play a long innings at a good strike rate.

Bowls well? His bowling after the action change has been garbage. Cannot be used to save his ass anymore.

4. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Dude that was just plain embarrassing from you.

5. Karachi-King

Karachi-King Talented

Jun 4, 2011
    coming from a shehzadian....

6. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Thats all you had? You keep on embarrassing yourself with this stuff, mate. You should subscribe to the saying that if one doesnt have anything good to say, its best that they keep their mouth shut.

7. Karachi-King

Karachi-King Talented

Jun 4, 2011
    awww....

8. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Best to get back to whatever hole you came out from.

9. Karachi-King

Karachi-King Talented

Jun 4, 2011
    hahaha this is actually pretty hilarious.

10. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Your helplessness and embarrassing posts definitely are, i agree.

11. Karachi-King

Karachi-King Talented

Jun 4, 2011
    Thats the spirit bud. Keep going at it

12. Mamoon

Mamoon Youngsta Beauty

Jan 6, 2015
    Shehzad is the second best young batsman in Pakistan after Babar, and the best opener across formats, especially with Sharjeel seemingly gone.

Tests: Azhar, Shehzad

ODIs: Shehzad, Kamran

T20Is: Shehzad, Kamran

I'm ditching the idea of Umar opening, he is just a clown no matter where he bats.

13. Don Duckman

Apr 7, 2014
    Maybe you don't but selectors and international coaches do. So it's relevant to the discussion.

Hafeez is a better all-round player than Shehzad. Even as a batsman, he has a better performance than Shehzad in flat conditions. Shehzad is better in more difficult conditions, I agree. His bowling has been great since action chance, I don't really see any difference.

If Babar is slow and has a weakness against the inswinging condition, then what would you say of Shehzad? Babar has the ideal pace in every format while Shehzad has much lower strike rates. And he has scored in hard conditions like NZ and England.

Babar has played as an opener in PSL, though, and done very well.

You could argue that Shehzad has a place but to say that he is superior to Babar who is too slow, that's a bit too much.

14. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    To be honest, i am not a fan of any of the akmal brothers and want none of them in the team due to the notoriety that is attached to them related to fixing. However, KAkmal has done whatever is humanly possible to earn a comeback in the team and i would be okay with having him back in the LOI team because otherwise it would be unfair and double standards. Now its upon him to perform and i hope he does.

15. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Never saw any selector/coach mentioning or taking the left/right combo as the deciding factor while choosing the openers of the team. As i have discussed with you before, this is one of the factors but not the main factor.

Yes, i believe that Hafeez is an equally good batsman as Shehzad on flat conditions and i have no issues in him being in the squad but not in the playing 11. His bowling has not been great, don. What are you on about? He failed to have any impact during the aussie tour and in PSL he has been only able to take 6 wickets.

I never said he is superior to Babar. I said i cannot compare them both as they dont play in similar positions. Like Mamoon said, they are the top 2 batsman we have.

16. Don Duckman

Apr 7, 2014
    In Australia, he was average I agree. Helped choke Australia in Brisbane though. In PSL, he hasn't bowled a lot but he bowled well when he was given the ball. ER of 5.8 and Average of 12.66. It is only fair to assume that he is back to his best and will give similar performances in the future.