Ahmed Shehzad tests positive in a dope test

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by chandtara, Jun 20, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. abc_to_xyz

abc_to_xyz Youngsta Beauty

Nov 20, 2016
    Was among better openers for test, a potential loss for Pakistan.

P.S. I hate him as much as others. Its just that there are not many better options around.

2. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
  3. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    No, marijuana .

Sent from my QMobile i6i using Tapatalk

4. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Shehzad faces a potential three-month ban from international cricket for violating the ICC’s anti-doping laws, but has been offered the option of taking a second test if he wants to prove his innocence. The formal decision (and confirmation of the player in question) is expected to be announced in the next five days.

A player has reportedly tested positive for a prohibited substance. But under ICC rules PCB cannot name the player or chargesheet him until the chemical report is CONFIRMED by the Anti-Dope Agency of the government. We should have an answer in a day or two.

— PCB Media (@TheRealPCBMedia) June 20, 2018

http://www.sacricketmag.com/three-month-doping-ban-pakistans-ahmed-shehzad-cards/

5. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    ONLY three months?

And here i was hoping for something like three YEARS......

6. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    The world is celebrating Selfie Day today.
    Coincidence that Mr Selfie himself is in the headlines?

7. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    When you havent had a drag for a full 2 minutes...

[​IMG]

8. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    Oh My God......
    That's freeking HILARIOUS.

9. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Same, I was very disappointed too when I heard 3 months only.

10. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    Well, if it was three years, than they wouldn't have been able to shoehorn him into WT20, now would they?

11. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    If Farhan wouldn't impress in next PSL with some outstanding performances, then we all would have to accept that fact that we don't have this manhoos's replacement atm and highly likely he'll be playing next WC T20.

I just hate the fact that due to his ineptness, Fakhar is turning into a certified slogger in T20 fast. He had to go for wild swing due to the dot ball pressure this doofus creates. I am amaze how the hell Mickey can't see it, when I can observe it.

BTW: I really like your new avatar :) .

12. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Haha will remember that

13. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    For sure bro, bookmark this quote :D.

14. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    I have the same dreaded feeling myself.

But......

What if we change the lineup?
    Put Sarfaraz up to open and either bring Rizwan in or play Hafeez as a finisher.

Thanks, glad you liked it.
    I chose it because the batsman is playing a proper stroke (cover drive).
    I couldn't find one with a green hamlet which would have made it even more awesome.

15. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    With these days pitches are batting friendly so I would put in Sarfu along with Fakhar, but for some reason, Sarfu isn't interested in opening anymore.

And as for Rizwan, honestly I am not certain if he has abilities as a finisher.

I would like to Shadab and Faheem to step up as finisher though, specially latter.

16. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    Which is perplexing because he has played some of his best LO innings there.

I am not interested in Rizwan as a "finisher" but as a batsman. (So that he can replace Selfie)

Oh they are, especially Faheem, Shadab has much more ability. He can be the next Malik. Someone who doesn't just finishes but also can consolidate if the situation demands.
    If Hassan develops his batting a little more, than we will be in a England sort if a dilemma.
    Stokes + Moen + woakes + willy= good headache for selectors.

17. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    [​IMG]

18. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Not a fan of his and don't think he deserves a place in the side but there is way too much hate for him here. Sad to see this forum devolving down to this level.

19. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    https://urdu.geo.tv/latest/186380-

In short, if he confesses then he'll be banned for min 3-6 mnths

If he does not accept the charges and defends himself, and if he then proves to be wrong, he'd be banned for 2-4 years

20. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    Fight...Fight.....Fight.....Fight

I would LOVE for him to fight this thing. *smiles devilishly*

21. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
  22. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    sadly for him you dont get on the honours board for posting up cheesy rocky training videos on twitter.

"If your lungs can inhale it and the icc can test it -
    Then you can be banned"

~GODZILLA

23. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Delay after Pakistan player's positive dope test raises eyebrows

Over two months on from the dope test, and three weeks since the results of that test became public, the Pakistan player who tested positive for a prohibited substance is yet to face any action.

The player in question underwent a test in Faisalabad during the 50-over Pakistan Cup in the last week of April. News of a positive test only emerged through media reports, even though the adverse analytical finding from the WADA-accredited lab in India had reached the PCB in early June.

The PCB was forced to tweet out a confirmation that a player had tested positive, but also said that under the ICC's rules, it could not name the player until the chemical report was confirmed by their own government's anti-doping agency. "We should have an answer in a day or two," the board said in the tweet.

That was on June 20, since when there has been no answer. The details of why there has been such a delay in getting the reports confirmed is unusual - one PCB official told ESPNcricinfo that the review board of the government's anti-doping agency was doing a very thorough check of the lab results, which was causing the delay.

A PCB official said that "the review board report will be out within the next two-three days".

The government's anti-doping agency is regulated by the Pakistan Sports Board, but an official from PSB confirmed to ESPNcricinfo that, as of July 8, the body hadn't received any request for a review from PCB.

The timeline of this particular case stands in stark contrast to the last doping case the PCB handled. On October 5, 2017, Imran Butt tested positive during the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy. A positive finding was confirmed by November 6, a review panel was set up the same day, he was provisionally suspended the following day and by November 15, a notice of charge had been issued.

In this case, the PCB is yet to confirm the name of the drug or the prohibited substance found in the player's urine sample. But if the review board confirms that a prohibited substance was indeed present in the sample, then the player will be ineligible to take part in the game for four years, given it's his first offence. That sanction can be reduced only if the player manages to establish that he had no significant fault, or negligence, about the doping violation.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...tan-player-positive-dope-test-raises-eyebrows

24. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  25. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Ahmed Shehzad to be charged after report confirms he failed dope test

KARACHI: Pakistan batsman Ahmed Shehzad is set to be suspended and charge sheeted by the Pakistan Cricket Board after an independent review confirmed that he tested positive for a banned substance.

The PCB tweeted on Tuesday that it will issue a charge sheet to the opener today, after an independent review board report confirmed that Shehzad tested positive for a banned substance.

Earlier, the tests reports were sent to India for a re-check which caused a delay.

“Pakistan government’s anti-doping agency review board wanted to be very careful and double check because a senior player was involved, hence it asked an Indian lab to re-check tests,” a PCB source said.

The PCB last month confirmed, without naming anyone, that a player had failed the dope test conducted during a domestic tournament.

“A player has reportedly tested positive for a prohibited substance. But under ICC rules PCB cannot name the player or charge-sheet him until the chemical report is CONFIRMED by the Anti-Dope Agency of the government. We should have an answer in a day or two,” PCB had tweeted on June 20.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/202625-ahmed-shehzad-to-be-suspended-after-failing-dope-test

26. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Pakistan opener Ahmed Shehzad facing four-year drugs ban

Pakistan opener Ahmed Shehzad could be banned from cricket for up to four years after failing a drug test conducted during a domestic tournament in April, the country's cricket authorities confirmed on Tuesday.

The Pakistan Cricket Board will issue a formal charge sheet on Tuesday, confirming reports in recent days that the 26-year-old had tested positive for a banned substance.

Shehzad lost his Test place following Pakistan's tour to the West Indies in mid-2017 and has not played a one-day international since last October.

He was part of Pakistan's T20 squad for two international matches against Scotland last month, managing scores of 4 and 24, but missed out on playing in the tri-series Twenty20 in Zimbabwe which ended Sunday.

Independent Review Board Report on doping case has been received by PCB. Cricketer Ahmad Shahzad has tested positive for a banned substance. PCB will issue charge sheet today.

— PCB Official (@TheRealPCB) July 10, 2018
    Pakistan pace bowlers Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif were both caught using banned substances in 2006 but later reprieved after a tribunal set aside their drug tests.

Later rule changes led to a two-year ban for left-arm spinner Raza Hasan, who failed a doping test in 2015.

Two other Pakistan spinners, Yasir Shah and Abdur Rehman, have also received temporary bans in recent years.

http://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12343/11431932/pakistan-opener-ahmed-shehzad-facing-four-year-drugs-ban

27. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    4 years? That's just too harsh tbf

Its not like he was caught doing lines on the pitch

28. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    Ponting and tendu must be sighing in relief.

29. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    thats a pretty hilarious picture of him for that story on sky!

30. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Awesome news and literally a blessing in disguise. Because this is the only way he was going to get thrown out the team, which has more talented, dedicated and professional new players who have much better work ethics.

31. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    It’s a shame really, he could have been the next big thing in world cricket, he was a very talented player, I don’t think he did drugs because he wanted to, there must have been a reason for it.

The PCB shouldn’t give him a four year ban, I hate this idea of setting an example out of someone because it isn’t fair, why don’t you be fair and ask him why he did drugs and then he will explain and if he can’t then you can go ahead and give him a ban, the same thing is what Sethi and Shehrayah did to Sharjeel, and now they have abandoned him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  32. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    You keep on saying next big thing as if Shahzad made his debut in the last 6 months.

What could be the possible reasons of someone consuming marijuana in Pakistan? Treatment of gas?

33. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Look, I don’t know but Marijuana does help to relieve frustration for a short time period.

And the next big thing as in he was going to have a breakout season, he’s only 26.

34. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    4 years for Marijuana. SO dumb.

35. maddgenius

maddgenius Whispering Death

Oct 6, 2014
    Marijuana should be made legal imo

36. Red Devil

Red Devil Whispering Death

Dec 15, 2013
    Has to be something other than marijuana if they are banning him for 4 years.

37. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    FYI, marijuana will be legal to use (or even grow in your backyard) here in Canada come October. So to me its a bit harsh if punishment is on marijuana. But like as I said, I don't mind it, it seems the only way he was going to get thrown out the team.

38. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
  39. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    Bhai they have retired :D

40. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    It's a huge loss, considering he was a Tendulkar in the making.