Amber traffic lights.

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by ComradeVenom, Dec 24, 2016.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Lights are green and they just turn amber as you approach the lights

Do you brake and wait till diligently until they turn Green again or do you hit the accelerator and make it through before they turn Red?

2. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    green -> keep going
    yellow -> prepare to stop
    red -> stop
    red and yellow -> prepare to go, but remain stationary
    green -> go

a yellow light leaves it the judgement to the driver and a light which just turn yellow usually allows enough time for a car to travel a reasonable distance, if you think you can get through without going over the speed limit, there is nothing legally wrong with running yellows.

3. Don Duckman

Don Duckman Tracer Bullet

Apr 7, 2014
    Running yellows is for when you are too close to stop. If you have the time to hit the accelerator pedal then it means you should have stopped.

4. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    I stop if I am a long way away from it, if it is too late for me to stop I accelerate because it is that split second moment that will determine whether you cause an accident.

I have noticed the people here in Liverpool do drive through red too. Find myself turning careless like them every passing day

5. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Most drivers go through amber light.. normally there is a time of few seconds between your lights turning red completely and the opposite lights turning green. So on most occasions it is harmless even if you accelrate at amber lights.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

6. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Most chavs here at leeds/bradford drive so fast man.. they dont even care about traffic lights

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

7. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Weather plays a great role in my decision. IF I can safely stop, I'd stop. If I think I'll slide on snow/ice, I keep going even when its not a complete 50/50 decision. Safety comes first, I'd rather take a ticket (and try fighting it in court) than get into a dangerous skid.

If weather is clear, 9 out of 10 times, I'll stop. It's also very important to trust your first instinct and commit to your decision. Don't stop and start.

8. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Depends how close to the crossing you are. If you can get over the line before it turns red then I go for it.

If you have to significantly increase your speed to beat the light turning red then you already know you should be stopping instead.

9. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    Doesn't the green light blink a few times before turning yellow where you guys live?

10. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Nope but I like this new concept for traffic lights...

sandglass_signal-2.jpg

sandglass_signal.jpg

11. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    There are timed signals here in Ajman too. Where you can actually see how many seconds left till it can turn red or green. In between the two there is a gap of few seconds where the timer blinks constantly.

12. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    We have some with countdowns in London as well but not many

13. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    @Mercenary normal lights show red and yellow simultaneously, how will that sand glass thing to that?

the red to green amber, and green to red amber look the same.

14. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I agree. The amber sand timer looks the same before red or before green. Needs work

15. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    If far away then brake and stop. If near the lights put foot down and go through before it goes red.

Judgement is key.

When I was in South Africa they drove through reds lol. If u stop at red lights especially at night u have a high chance of a bullet in your throat.

16. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    Run it bro.

17. SOPL

SOPL Talented

Jun 4, 2013
    @Mercenary not a fully passed driver yet but that system seems kind of ridiculous. It just adds another level of complexity to the situation. As FW11 said, driving should be instinctive and about judgement.

18. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Once you start driving you will realise how frustrating it is sitting at a red light and having no idea when it will go green. The sand timer means u can relax.

19. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    It's too fancy and might be difficult to spot from a distance. I prefer the blinking lights.