Amir has set a bad example for Pakistan cricketers: Kamran Akmal

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan wicketkeeper-batsman Kamran Akmal believes that pacer Mohammad Amir has set a bad example by taking retirement from Test cricket, at a young age.

While talking to Cricket Pakistan in an exclusive interview, Akmal was surprised at Amir’s decision to bring the curtain down on his Test career.

“I was surprised to see Amir announce his retirement from Test cricket because I think he should have atleast played for another five to six years,” said Akmal. “Amir taking retirement at the age of 27 is bad news for Pakistan cricket and this will set a bad example for young local cricketers.”

He added: “Selecting players on performance based in PSL and increase in T20 leagues around the world is encouraging cricketers to focus on T20 cricket rather than putting in the hard yards in domestic four-day cricket. I’m sure more players will soon announce retirement from Test cricket as well.”

The 37-year-old also questioned the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB)’s selection criteria.

“It is disappointing to be out of the national side despite my performance in domestic cricket — which is the main criteria of selection,” he said. “Players who have not even played domestic cricket for two to three years are getting regular chances to play for Pakistan.”

He further stated: “Unnecessary experimentation is hurting Pakistan cricket, which is evident from our position in the Test and ODI arena. I hope the new selection committee and PCB ensures that, in the future, the deserving players get the chance to play for Pakistan.”

Despite being out of the Pakistan side since 2017, Akmal vowed to continue playing till he was in from and fully fit.

“I will continue to play until and unless my form deserts me and I’m no longer fit enough to play,” he said. “The example of Younis Khan and Misbahul Haq is infront of us as they contributed for Pakistan despite being in their late 30s and early 40s.”

The right-handed batsman also spoke about the need to properly plan for next year’s T20 World Cup in Australia.

“Bearing in mind the upcoming T20 World Cup, we need to properly plan, beforehand, for the event, unlike the 2015 and 2019 World Cups, because this is the difference between us and the successful teams in the world,” he said.

Akmal also stated that PCB should give captain and coaching staff atleast two years before assessing their performance.

“I think PCB should atleast give two years to the captain and the coaching staff inorder to properly gauge their performance,” he said. “Captain Sarfaraz Ahmed and the current coaching staff have been there for around three years, which is enough time to put the team on the right track.”

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/n...-example-for-pakistan-cricketers-kamran-akmal

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I knew it that Misbah was setting a very bad example, which scums like Akmal will use and this is exactly what he has said here.

Speaking of fitness, both Misbah and Younis are still in better shape than you 'chota mota' and your imbecile, brain-dead 'tondu' brother.

3. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Kamran, Butt and Asif are still good FC cricketers. No doubt about that but no way should they be let in internationals. If Kamran was honest he would have stopped with this bs. He said give me three chances. They gave him 7 and he failed. Kamran is a snake. Talented when young but uneducated and narrow minded person.

4. pat

pat Youngsta Beauty

Nov 25, 2018
    Top ten signs you have a problem.

10. Kamran Akmal is right about you.

5. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Butt LMAO

6. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Why not? Averages 40 in FC. He made twin hundreds three years ago in a final, can captain and is an opener. Would easily make all first class set ups around the world.

7. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Sorry, the guy who was trusted for the critical role to not only play overseas but to lead the team and set an example for everyone instead led them into selling their teammates and country does not deserve to ever play again. He was not a young uneducated kid or someone from the villages who was influenced by others. He shouldn't even be allowed to play domestic after how he dishonored the country but then again, you can argue that he was just representing his country where this is no big deal and where the last two leaders are currently in prison for bigger crimes.

8. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA

9. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA

10. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Stop treating him as a criminal. He hasn't killed someone. If you forgave him in 2015 and let him back in why stop now? You let him in and he's good enough to play. End of.

11. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Amir has already put so many hard yards that he has got himself dirty in the ring due to non stop continuous cricket in all formats in last 3-4 yrs since his return!! Amir is literally finished now atleast for test cricket, in limited overs cricket he can manage i think so i think maybe a right decision from him and for him! We can induct some young fast bowlers into test cricket and see how they go - the likes of Shaheen, Shinwari & Meer Hamza!!

12. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    He's not finished. In South Africa, New Zealand, Australia and England he's our strike bowler.

13. Bublu Bhuyan

Bublu Bhuyan Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2010
    Why blame Amir? The PCB itself set a bad example by bring in a convicted match fixer, a jail felon back in international cricket. But then again the daddy of match fixing, Wasim Akram was let off by Justice Qayyum because he was such a big fan of his.

Shameless cricket nation, shameless cricketers, shameless fans.

14. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Glass houses.....stones....people

Make a sentence of the above.

Poor Azhar and Jadeja made the scapegoats when many including a certain vertically challenged one were involved.

15. Bublu Bhuyan

Feb 15, 2010
    Poor you, dragging names with no substance to back up your claim. Try standing on your roof and chant that a million times, no one is going to bat an eyelid.

But then again, it’s expected from you since you are used to idolizing a bunch of scums in the 90’s who sold off their nation for money. Give them enough money, they would sell off their mother as well. Much like you yourself.

As for Indian players, everyone who was proven guilty was banned for life and never played cricket again. That’s the difference between civilized and uncivilized cricketing nations.

16. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Err whoever was banned for life didn’t play for pak again either. Amir was banned for 5 years and guess what? If you’ve served your ban, you can play again. Duh!

And you’re talking about 90s? It wasn’t just pak you dumb ignorant, freshie fool.

http://en.espn.co.uk/cricket/sport/story/121557.html

17. Bublu Bhuyan

Feb 15, 2010
    Moron, how many players were openly let off in the 90’s by other teams after they were found involved? Read the Justice Quayyum report, how many rotten Pak players were openly let off? Name me one Indian player whose name was uttered by other players to be involved in fixing, who was let go. Name me one player who took the name of that vertically challenged player. Go ahead.

18. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    https://www.outlookindia.com/magazine/amp/sachin-knows-everything/209645

19. Bublu Bhuyan

Feb 15, 2010
    HaHaHaHa ..... moron, I’m asking you about someone claiming that he was involved. Even the entire South African team knew Hansie Cronje was involved, as said by Gary Kirsten in an interview in 2004.

Name me one player who has claimed that he was involved.

Go ahead, just one name will do.

The problem is you assume everyone else to be a cheap, standard less, scroundel like your own cheap hero Chicken Younis.

No, problem, take your time.

20. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Don’t get too excited and start flirting cos I replied to you - gotta keep you girls in check.

Everyone knows about his 4 bookie friends who were even at his wedding. And about what Latif said, why didn’t he sue Latif? And let’s take corruption in general, everyone knows about his Ferrari tax avoidance thing

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....nt-want-to-be-remembered-for-1229313.html/amp

All of this was and is common knowledge....

India is the biggest market for fixing and that isn’t even a debate.

21. Bublu Bhuyan

Feb 15, 2010
    HaHa .... everyone knows about his bookie friends who were at his wedding? Kindly let us know of those everybody who were at his wedding who knew about those bookies. Go ahead. Why are are you taking time?

HaHaHa ..... clown, once again I’m asking you. Kindly name us any such players who named him in the match fixing scandal. Go ahead!!

Joker either name names, or run away in shelter to save yourself from embarrasment.

22. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Touchy touchy - are you dreaming again. No normal woman touches an indian (man or in your case woman with a barge pole). Don’t get personal with family you dumb mofo (yes mofo not mofu you little freshie).

Latif said it - and sachin did not sue. Case closed.

23. Bublu Bhuyan

Feb 15, 2010
    Clown, you could not name a single person who named him to be involved. Instead you tried with all your might to twist things to save yourself from embarrassment.

No normal woman touches an Indian? Kindly convince a woman from another country for a cricket series to tour your terrorist country, can you?

Personal with your family? There’s s reason why you were booted out with a kick on your rear. You worthless piece of scum. Enjoy your time in this forum since you were kicked out of the other forum with a kick on your teeth.

24. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Stop stalking me miss - I know you follow my every move. I will have have to get a restraining order. You indian girls are very persistent.

25. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    @Sultan Yusuf obviously turned down Bablu. That's why she's so salty. Lol.

26. Bublu Bhuyan

Feb 15, 2010
    Awwwww ...... I told you long ago that I’m not interested in that whore. Yet, she keeps quoting me. Not my fault that you can’t satisfy that dirty little whore.

27. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Lol - honestly man, I forgot how difficult it is to get rid of these indian girls

28. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    They sure do fancy Pakistani type men. I can understand why but it has to be both ways. Indian women suit Indian men. They need to understand this.

29. pat

pat Youngsta Beauty

Nov 25, 2018
  30. Bublu Bhuyan

Feb 15, 2010
    HaHa .... the moron doesn’t have a single piece of evidence. And when asked to give references, he keeps shifting goal posts like an idiot.

The best he came up with is Rashid Latif claimed that he knew everything. That is his evidence.

Yet he can’t come up with a single name who claimed that he was involved.

31. Bublu Bhuyan

Feb 15, 2010
  32. Bublu Bhuyan

Feb 15, 2010
    As expected, Chicken Younis’s fan has no references to put forward. In other words, he has no reply. Much like his Chicken hero himself against India in the 96’ and 03’ World Cup .... LMAO.