Amir Khan Thread

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by BALOCH_786, May 16, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. BALOCH_786

BALOCH_786 Talented

May 5, 2010
    AMIR KHAN DEBUT IN USA

[​IMG]

Paki/Brit Boxer Amir Khan is having his first fight here in USA in madison square garden.

Wooping Malignaggi (hometown bronx, new york) with some badass jabs!!

PreMatch Weigh in Brawl:

Aik din geo ke saath interview:

2. BALOCH_786

BALOCH_786 Talented

May 5, 2010
    Amir Khan's Previous fight (to get to US):

Amir Khan vs. Damitry Salita: Full fight

[​IMG]

Ukranian-born Salita, 27, is still undefeated with an impressive record of 30 wins with 16 knockouts. He has won six consecutive fights since battling to a draw with Ramon Montano last March 2006
    [​IMG]

Amir Khan completes regal resurrection with 76-second demolition of Dmitriy Salita

Amir Khan took just 76 seconds to overcome the challenge of New Yorker Dmitriy Salita in a brief but brutal first defence of his World Boxing Association (WBA) light-welterweight title at the Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle, England.

Khan’s mandatory challenger, Dmitriy Salita, literally never knew what hit him, hammered to the floor three times in the opening round and beaten for the first time in 32 contests.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...second-demolition-of-Dmitriy-Salita.html]Amir Khan completes regal resurrection with 76-second demolition of Dmitriy Salita - Telegraph

3. Waq

Waq Emerging Player

May 9, 2010
    Amir Khan had a good fight last night against Malignaggi. Big puncher or not, Malignaggi is a world class opponent who at times came close to Khan's speed.

Everybody is talking that Maidana is a proper test as he is a big puncher but then if that is the case then Maidana is also more liable to be knocked out when he comes forward.

I am pleased for him and hope he does unify his division, although he will still have his doubters.

4. Qazaa

Qazaa Youngsta Beauty

Jan 20, 2010
    I am a MASSIVE boxing fan and i can assure you that as good as Khan looks he is just an above average fighter.

He has a long long long way to go before he can prove himself to be a great fighter.

The fights he has had so far have all been safe bets. Malignaggi was a a safe fight as he was never ever going to knock out Khan. Just does not possess thwe knock out punch.

His previous fight with a Jewish-American was just a publicity fight. Despite the mans record, it was a record built on fight with a bunch of nobodys.

The best thing going for Khan right now is the fact is in the presence of true legends and an AMAZING trainer in the form of Pacquiao and Freddy Roach respectively. I cant empehsise enough what an amazing influence Roach will be on Khan.

Finally, if Khan hopes to unify this weight devision he has to overcome Devon Alexander. I can assure you guys that this man will tear apart Khan at any given oppertunity. I am sure Golden Boy promotors will know this and will keep Khan away from this fight.

Good luck to "King Khan" i do truly wish him the best of luck.

5. BALOCH_786

BALOCH_786 Talented

May 5, 2010
    @ Qazaa

I agree, you are right. He has talent but needs to improve before his weaknesses get exploited by better fighters. Even Roach said Amir is only at 50% of his potential improvement. So Amir needs to keep working hard and take advantage of being with Roach and training with Pacquiao. He will only benefit from this.

As a Pakistani I was very excited to see a Paki descent boxer fight in NY. Its an accomplishment in itself. However far he gets will be bcz of his hard work. But he is one of the fastest hitters in the world right now after Pacquiao, that is a talent/skill which he has naturally.

6. Qazaa

Qazaa Youngsta Beauty

Jan 20, 2010
    I agree Baloch, it is exciting to see a fellow Pakistani take the sport up and be so successful. Hence my wish for him to do well.

This sport takes a lot of commitment and dedication. Something Asian families dont allow thier kids to do her ein the UK. Normally its study or in the shop! Its greta to see the parents of Khan give his kids the chance.

7. TAK

TAK Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2010
    amir must be pretty embarassed at the moment after revelations in the sunday rags that he had texted xxx rated pictures of himself to a buxom stripper...

and they say romance is dead;)

8. BALOCH_786

BALOCH_786 Talented

May 5, 2010
    Lol where did you hear this? I searched the web for the latest news I didnt see anything hahaha

koi baat nahi... young blood..... the JOSH OF SEXUAL ACTIVITY!! :D

we all can use that a bit ;-)

I dont blame the kid hahaha his dad is with him everywhere lol. bicharay ko moka nahi milta hoga :p

9. Gulli-boy

Gulli-boy Youngsta Beauty

May 14, 2010
    Its always exciting seeing Amir Khan fight even if the quality of his opposition aren't all that, he might be fighting again on July 31st against Katsidis in England,if its close by might actually go and watch it, would have been nice if he faced prescott though.

His younger brother Haroon will probably be boxing for Pakistan in the commonwealth games, don't think he will be as good as Amir but still i think it's good for Pakistan.

10. BALOCH_786

BALOCH_786 Talented

May 5, 2010
    Amir Khan's brother Haroon intends to box for Pakistan at Commonwealth Games

Haroon Khan, 19, the younger brother of World Boxing Association light-welterweight champion and former GB Olympic silver medallist Amir Khan, intends to box for Pakistan at Delhi's Commonwealth Games in October, having been rejected by British selectors.

The family, whose sons were born and raised in Bolton, claim that Haroon, a Junior Amateur Boxing Association champion last year, has been frozen out by the British Amateur Boxing Association, in spite of having earned his England vest as a junior.

Ironically, Amir Khan faced a similar situation in 2004, when boxing officials said he was too young, at 17, to go to the Olympic Games in Athens. Khan had won the world junior lightweight title in South Korea early in 2004, and the family threatened to offer his services to the Pakistan Olympic squad.

Khan was later selected for Great Britain, coming home with a silver medal and reaching the lightweight final against double-gold medallist Mario Kindelan of Cuba.
    Shah Khan, father of the boxing brothers from Bolton, explained: "We've been over to Pakistan to their training camp, and Haroon has sparred with their guys, one at 56kg and one at 52kg. Their Cuban coach was very keen on getting him into the squad.

"Haroon would prefer to fight for England and his dream was to fight for Great Britain at the 2012 Olympics. But if he can't get a look in with England, what else can he do? There's the podium squad and then the development squad just below it and he's not even getting a look-in for the development squad.”
    Khan Snr added: "Mick Jelley, Amir’s coach when he went to the Olympics, is 100 per cent behind what we are doing. We asked his advice, and he said if Team GB won't give him a chance, then he's lucky he's got the option of fighting for Pakistan."

Khan's plan is to win a gold medal at the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi in October and the join the professional ranks. "I really wanted to box for Britain at the Olympics ever since Amir won silver in Athens. I looked at what he did and dreamt of going one better,” explained the 19-year-old who is in New York for his brother’s US debut against Brooklynite Paulie Malignaggi.

"But I've never had a look-in with the senior England squad, not even a letter. What used to happen was they would call me up a week before an international fixture and ask if I was available to box, but I knew it was only because someone had pulled out."

Khan earned junior vests for England. He added: "Whatever happens, I couldn't see myself fighting for Pakistan at the 2012 Olympics in London. That just wouldn't feel right. If all goes well, I will turn pro after the Commonwealth Games."

Haroon fights at 52kg, won the 2009 Junior ABA title, and has fought 76 amateur bouts, with 61 wins and 15 defeats.

Amir Khan's brother Haroon intends to box for Pakistan at Commonwealth Games - Telegraph

11. TAK

TAK Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2010
  12. pakmufc

pakmufc Guest

Give the kid time, He is improving as a fighter and has silenced many of his critics. He has the best coach in the business behind him. Really want to see him in the ring against the likes of Maidana, alexander, bradley and co.....

13. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Amir faces Peterson tomorrow night. Should be a good fight. Amir looking in great shape. Inshallah he can continue his great form and be victorious!

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  14. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Khan loses on points! Only has himself to blame though. Was a really good fight but Peterson just wanted it more. Had khan on the backfoot for most of the fight. I actually had khan ahead at the end but the two points deducted were a massive factor. Could have gone either way and the ref was a pile of crap. Peterson had home advantage too...looking forward to the rematch

15. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    Swings and roundabouts mate....pacman got a dubious decision for wildcard gym and khan lost one. Love to hear what steve bunce has to say on the matter.

16. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Did you watch the fight Waj? Peterson was fighting in his hometown, referee was crap but not taking away from him. Peterson was relentless...chased him all over the ring from round 3 onwards. Had Khan on the backfoot, something he is not used too but did keep coming in with his head. ..very good fight nonetheless.

17. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    I havent had a chance mate....will download it at some point but i hear that he got a Knock down that didnt happen??? So the points for shoving should even out?
    Any hows i hear a khan said 'if he's got the balls fight me in England' while the Team Khan statement is allot more conciliatory.

TBH i was more looking fwd to froch fight when it happens. The real thing im waiting to see is UFC!

18. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Nah i thought he should have had 2 knockdowns in that first round personally, dont know why the ref called one of them a push? Khan can only blame himself for the loss really. Made so many mistakes last night and it went to show that he is still miles away from being on the levels of Mayweather and co. He was allowing himself to be hit way too easily and was reckless in his approach. Didnt throw enough of his usual combos but i think that was more to do with Petersons tactics. He had Khan on the backfoot for most of the fight and was hunting him down all night. Peterson just wanted it more than Khan last night

19. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    In one of the KD's it looked like their legs tangled......i think it was a reasonable decision. Khan was pushing lets be fair. That said khan lost because he couldn't create any distance and couldn't hit the angles, he was a mess.. When he did started to create movement peterson had no idea what to do.

Like you said he was getting caught whaaaay too easy....lazy stuff! Its not like khan was gassed or anything either.
    The one thing i really found repugnant was De La hoya's attitude towards petersson. ODL was acting like he just brought in peterson to pad out Khans record, post fight he was completely biased towards his cash cow khan. No wonder Mr Money dont let no one promote him!

20. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    agree with CT - Khans own fault he lost, the fight could have gone either way and those two lost points really screwed his chances of a victory

not impressed with Khans ability to fight a man who keeps coming onto him, Maidana almost took him out and now Peterson beats him using the same tactics - Khan is very fast but lacks power, any durable boxer will be able to walk through khans punches and do the same as Maidana and Peterson

Khan will improve though, im sure he will learn alot from this fight, i expect him to box a much better game in the rematch

21. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    I believe the re-match has been confirmed for the 31st March 2012?

22. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Agree with FM snr. Why didnt he use his jab? Also this kid has trouble fighting on the inside.

23. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011

Amir khan manages to make a complete fool of himself.....just should have let it go.

24. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    TEAM KHAN 'I'm a realist, not a hater

By Ziggy Shah: Being a boxing fan/writer is by far the greatest occupation anyone can hope for. The drama and excitement it brings can only be described and appreciated by those who truly love the 'sweet science'. Indeed, the past few weeks have made this job a lot easier, as match-ups at domestic and world level have lived up to their hype, thus giving writers, like myself, the extra initiative to work those late hours.

Nothing gives more pleasure to a writer than seeing his 'write up' receive good feedback. However, there are times when the opposite happens and the comments zone can seem like an upsetting place for us to ponder.

But all we do is voice our opinion and describe to the readers what we feel, and the rest is down to you, the 'die hards'. And it was this exact notion that I employed when I was approached by a question from a member of 'Team Khan'. I was asked what I thought of a comment that had been posted on a social website by Team Khan, "Amir Khan will retire Floyd Mayweather if they fight".

Now keeping in mind the motto of sports writing, Be honest and truthful, my reply was simple, "You've got more chance of Ali making a comeback, then Khan has off retiring Floyd". Needless to say, my reply caused a bit of a reaction.

I can't blame Team Khan for trying to pursue a fight with Floyd Mayweather, and if that means using social media sites to generate interest, then so be it.

However, the problem begins when my honest opinion puts me in the 'Hater' category, and I am accused of being jealous of the boxer and his entourage. I was reminded that they were eating lobsters in Las Vegas and I was sat at home living a boring life. But, I would not call being at home with my lovely wife and children boring.

But seriously, being called a 'hater' is not a nice place to be, especially when you have followed and supported Amir Khan throughout his amateur and pro career.

Even more odd is the fact that Khan has a difficult fight in less than a fortnight, because, with or without 'the man in the hat' controversy, the first encounter with Peterson was a close affair. And the timing of these comments are absurd, given the fact that Khan cannot for one second, overlook the Champion, as he is a pressure fighter, and Khan struggles against pressure...Fact!

On a final note, People like myself write about the sport that we love, and every man, woman or child who participates in that sport earns our respect. But at the same time, we have an obligation to our concious and that is, always 'Keep it real!'
    Article posted on 08.05.2012

25. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Some one better tell Team Khan not to keep knocking on the devils door, because he may come out , do a shoulder roll then proceed to beat the crap outta him.
    Honestly, talking about entourages and lobster?
    Lol i can imagine fiddys reaction now:D
    [​IMG]

• List
  26. Waq

Waq Emerging Player

May 9, 2010
    Latest update is that Peterson has failed a drug test and a form of testosterone has been found in his blood.

All the health experts and legal guru experts are working overtime to get to the bottom of this but it is a possibility according to Khan's manager that the fight will be called off.

27. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Was looking forward to the rematch. Stupid boy Peterson. We should know by the end of today if the fight will be going ahead or not

28. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    No way that fight will go ahead....khan has got an excuse for his piss poor performance now.

• List
  29. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    as a Pakistani i want to support Khan and i always will - but his recent comments or excuses are getting tiring.
    i cannot stand his entourage/management. the only sane guys are the non-pakistanis in his group and even one of them has parkinsons lol

Khan is good, his speed will always give him a chance but in the 140-147lb class there are plenty of better fighters than him, he needs to wake up, keep his mouth shut and get on with Boxing.

30. Geordie Ahmed

Geordie Ahmed Emerging Player

Mar 17, 2012
    So the fight has been cancelled after Peterson failed a drug test

Also apparently Peterson admits to being drugged prior to their 1st fight

31. Geordie Ahmed

Mar 17, 2012
    There does not seem to be such widespread condemnation of Peterson

Now can you imagine what the reaction would have been if it was Khan that failed a drug test?

• List
  32. Geordie Ahmed

Mar 17, 2012
    Howay man, Peterson is the cheat and you manage to have a go at Khan, how does that work?

33. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Drugs or no drugs mate, Khan could have and should have taken Peterson. Why in the name of all that is holy did he decide to brawl with Lamont? Dude could have jabbed Lamont to a points win or a late stoppage but instead decided s to go in close quarters. Khan makes life awkward for himself. That was a poor performance by khan.

• List
  34. Geordie Ahmed

Mar 17, 2012
    No doubt Khan was poor, I think he got his game plan wrong BUT I don't think we can ignore that the other guy potentially had an unfair advantage over him

35. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    I dont think Roach who is one of the shrewdest operators on the scene would have told Khan to get close in. This is something khan does to prove he's a badass. He got koed by the cuban and he thinks he has to prove he can get gritty. Ok Khan you got Ko'ed so what? So have a whole host of boxers that are better than you, big deal. You get hit clean like that and you go down it happens. So i dont think it was bad strategy. Juice or no juice khan can take peterson if he engages his brain.

36. Waq

Waq Emerging Player

May 9, 2010
    I am actually surprised that Peterson has point blank admitted that he took a testosterone shot before the original fight against Khan. I would of expected an athlete to try and blag it or play dumb so his honesty should be applauded after getting caught.

The explanation so far from the Peterson camp is that just prior to the fight, his testosterone count was low so topped up but not enough to have an anabolic or performance enhancing benefit. This makes no sense to me and I would like this area explored more as surely no boxer would take it if it had no real benefit?

Really and truly, Khan should get his belts back because of the admission of guilt.

37. Cover Drive

Cover Drive Talented

Apr 13, 2012
    This! I was wondering isn't this possible? I mean on moral grounds this should how things should work out, no ?

38. Cover Drive

Cover Drive Talented

Apr 13, 2012
    This!!

To be honest, God Forbid if Khan had done this then there would have been havoc throughout the media!

Media would have called for Khan's head!

39. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Of course it has benefits. It increases muscle mass and muscle endurance however its no substitute for skill or having a good chin.
    Its quite fashionable in the USA to claim TRT to supplement 'low' testosterone, but it is a pile of crap.

40. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    Khan doesnt have much power, and he cant fight on the inside, boxers will know they can walk him down and get close to him and have a good chance, Peterson fought his best fight, we now know why because of the drugs but Khan has a long way to go to become one of the best he needs to make big improvements to handle some of the quality boxers in the welterweights.