1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Amir Khan Thread

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by BALOCH_786, May 16, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    No, lets be honest even me talking about Marquez is just baseless speculation. There is nothing to substantiate it. Lets say JMM was on the sauce, why did he get pummeled by Bradley? You get what im saying? You cant detract from Manny's legacy based on baseless and surreptitious gossip.
    Im more of a FM supporter (despite his style) HOWEVER he is scared of pacquiao. Can he beat Pacman? Yes he has a good chance BUT he does not have the heart to risk it. This is given more credence by the fact that Pacquiao was willing to undertake doping tests. Pre and post fight. The simple truth of the matter is FMJ is scared. Like Hollyfield says if Pacquiao loses they'll still like him, if mayweather loses he loses everything'. FMJ's legacy is tied to the zero without it he will never have the same respect that people give pacquiao.

Now you raise a good point with regards to khan. Khan packed on the mass around his legs some time after the prescott fight. Yes that sured up his resistance somewhat. It counterbalanced that weak chin (i dont know what the reasoning is behind it TBH). The guys that khan fought while under the Ariza reign he only fought 1 guy that was at his peak and had serious clout and that was maidana, a fight that could have gone either way. Khan finished that fight weak (despite the 12th)and was saved by the bell in one round. But all credit to khan he won. I dont understand khan because he took solid shots against maidana but gets floored by diaz. Go figure. With khan i think he needs common sense, which is why virgil hunters calming influence may be invaluable.

2. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    It's speculation and unless their is clear evidence we can't say much and by no means was i questioning Manny's legacy what he has acheived is unreal and because of that sometimes people will can have doubts i guess it does not help that floyd stirred this all up. He had issues with the way those dope tests would be conducted hence why he did not want to fight him, shane moseley or someone was happy to take those tests the way floyd desired. Manny and his team either did not want to be bossed around or they had something to hide, there is also a possibility that floyd was afraid. Anyways that fight will never happen now and even if it does will never be of the magnitude it could have been given how manny has faded, he is not as dangerous anymore and i don't think floyd will fight him either because if floyd does fight him and defeat him fans will say he defeated a faded fighter who he feared at his peak.

I feel it was a well earned victory despite how he traded like an idiot towards the end, he also had maidana down in the 1st or 2nd with a body shot i think so it could have ended much earlier. I don't understand either if we forget about a ariza's juice and just focus on his quality as an conditioning coach we'll realise that it had a major impact on the way khan fought, i beleive khan was undefeated with ariza in his corner? Am in two minds with his change of trainer i feel maybe he should have stuck with roach while trying to get back on good terms with ariza but with freddies parkinsons getting worse and him giving more time to manny i guess maybe a change of trainer was not such a bad idea in theory but i think chopping and changing all the time can halt a fighters progress its not easy to change styles all the time and the way you fight by instinct. Khan has always been naturally aggressive and virgils effort to turn him into a defensive fighter has some-what back-fired going by his recent efforts, his next fight will give us a clearer picture

3. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Re manny v fmj you raise some brilliant points. I guess if pacman runs through bradley then this fmj v pacman talk will start again.
    Khan lost to whatshisface while he had ariza as his conditioning coach....peterson. But we know he was on the sauce as fact lol. But I think peterson would have beat him regardless because khan has trouble fighting on the inside. Freddy and ariza can NEVER work together not after ariza kicked him in the chest. That was the single most pathetic thing I have ever seen.
    You know I dont blame roach for khans losses but rather khan. Khan doesnt make things easy for himself. Hunter is great in the corner and maybe he can calm him down. The way khan dumped roach was a great insight into team khans psyche. They didnt tell him to his face and Then decided to question his competency as a coach because of his parkinsons. Dude demanded he dump a multiple division G.O.A.T for him. Even with Hunter he is still second fiddle. He would never put khan before ward.
    If theres one thing I admire about fmj its his loyalty to his own family.

4. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Didn't Manny beat Bradley the first time round? I expect bradley to be better prepared but manny will be the same guy before him in the ring except possibly less effective. Khan could easily have beaten peterson had he used his brains by boxing on the outside more and uses his superior footwork, were it not for that point deduction he would have won the fight. Lol i know that was messed up, why did Ariza go that far?

Like i said before khan is not the sharpest tool he is a kid just go on his twitter lol, the pysch of his team is a shocking. I think things were not good between team khan and freddie anyway and when he lost it was the final nail in the coffin, the way their relation ended was more to do with politics then anything else. Freddie was the right man to further khans career even after that defeat. How do you think Khan will do in his next fight do u feel his career is over now? This is the beauty about Amir fights, you can never predict what will happen he is mercurial like the pak cricket team lol

5. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Khans career is far from over but he needs to string some w's together. Another loss would seriously harm khans career. The guy hes fighting is durable, has some pop and is a potential banana skin. Khan does have the tools to pick him apart but we all know how erratic khan can be. Khans opponents will only get bigger and better from now on so he may aswell get on with it. His next opponent just took out victor ortiz and is feeling very bullish.
    I think manny v Bradley only fought once with bradley taking the honours.

6. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Personally, i expect the worst from Khan in his next fight.

Bradley won but i remember it being controversial, never watched the fight but on the net many writers said that manny was screwed

7. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Manny was screwed big time. Bradley is out to prove a point! Khan is like the pakistan cricket teams of old. He can go from sensational to plain garbage.

8. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
  9. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Memories of that first fight and hearing the decision just came back. Could not believe what I heard when it was announced. I think Manny will take this but Bradley has a point to prove also. This one will probably go the distance again

10. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
  11. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    lol I think she sums it all up - I'm not gonna bash Khan too much for having his way with women, takes two to tango, these women all know he is married but if you want to do sh1t like that then please stop portraying yourself in public as the total opposite and as a muslim/british pakistani role model. Just do your sh1t and let everyone get on with their lives

Stories like this are not uncommon amongst Boxers or professional sportsmen, i've read stuff about Tommy Morrison or Oscar De La Hoya that would put Amir Khan to shame but at least they never claimed they were upholders of moral or religous superiority

12. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    I think FMJ has broadcast De La Hoyas indiscretions all over the world:D

Back to khan, ive honestly got nothing to say as thats what i expect from him.

13. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    I don't care what he gets up to that's his business .The only thing that annoys me is how he portrays himself as some sort of role model and gets up to crap like this.

14. Inferno

Inferno Youngsta Beauty

Mar 19, 2010
    Such a nonce, his lying over small things, infidelity but his constant talk about how religious he is so annoying.

Just like when Afridi and Butt do sajdah and thank god in every interview, only to be seen eating a cricket ball, dancing on a pitch or spot fixing moments later.

15. SOPL

SOPL Talented

Jun 4, 2013
    Not that I'm trying to find any explanation to defend Amir Khan, but I seriously express reservations over the credibility of that article.

It claims to acquire its information from The Sun (a shoddy, tabloid newspaper) and from a quick Google search, there appears to be little other authentic sources reporting this trash news. It could very well be a publicity stunt by this rather ugly model.

16. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    IF it was fake khan would have sued them by now. Yup, the sun is a low brow paper BUT they still can afford to print unsubstantiated lies.

17. SOPL

SOPL Talented

Jun 4, 2013
    Perhaps but I can't find the same article on The Sun's website.

18. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Look, im not going to search the web trying to confirm the veracity of this story. If you google the womans name with amir khans name several stories pop up and the one in the sun is behind a paywall. I just posted a link so others can form a judgement.

19. SOPL

SOPL Talented

Jun 4, 2013
    Fair enough - I was just stating that the credibility of the story is in question.

20. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    THat may be so but several outlets have published this stuff , if it is fake then khan would have sued by now. Im not saying it is or it isnt but khan has made ridiculous claims in the past. He went to a strip club with 'fake money', he send pics of his bits to random women, he's been caught cheating on several occasions, he gets pummeled in Birmingham and then made retarded claims.....so on and so forth.

May be he didnt but this french woman is the 'kiss and tell' type, she did it with bigger stars than khan. So i wouldnt be surprised if khan is guilty.

21. SOPL

SOPL Talented

Jun 4, 2013
    That's true - I haven't read anything by him suggesting that he has denied any of these allegations.

If it's true, which it seems it most likely is - especially with his dubious past - then it extremely disappointing to here. Amir Khan once received tremendous support from British Pakistanis and was even regarded as a role model by some. What is even more frustrating is the hypocrisy - he always refer to the importance of his family and his faith.

By the way, does anybody remember the three-part series Amir Khan's Angry Young Men that aired on Channel 4 a number of years ago now? He was constantly referring to how much he values his faith. It really appears fame has gotten to his mind, just like it inevitably does with all individuals.

22. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Ive seen one Daily Star article with khan denying it and firing back.

23. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    lol think it was a case of your reputation preceeding you even if Khan did not do as they claimed
    I still have a soft spot for Khan, he is after all a British muslim like ourselves - I dont want to see him being battered or ridiculed but he brings it upon himself

as for being religous - you can be as religous as you like there is no bigger test for man than women and when you are young rich and famous like Khan and have women falling over you it takes a good man indeed to resist each and every time. It is no excuse but as I said previously, if he wants to do it just admit he isnt the religous man he claims to be and neither the role model he wants to be, live your life just dont expect the people to like you for it
    chasing cnut has a lot to answer for - many men would be a lot further in life if they werent so pre-occupied running it down like an african man preying on the biggest fattest blonde in your local night club

24. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Dayum after the beating porter put on Malignaggi I hope khan tags away.

25. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Lucky Escape :)

26. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    @Those Naughty Pics, Khan is the average brit pakistani although i don't know if he has continued his naughty ways after marriage. I think even if he is not the role model he makes out to be, there are many muslim kids in britain who look up to him without regard to his exploits to women so i am kinda seeing the positive in the way he portrays himself.

27. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    All im saying Khan makes religion as part of his persona. He's highlighted it countless times in interviews and social media.

Looks like a lot of media outlets seem to take a similar stance to me on Khans choice of opponents including Collazo. PS before anyone starts attacking me, i didnt say this this is eastsideboxing.com. :)

28. London_Lahori

London_Lahori Tracer Bullet

Feb 18, 2014
    Mycroft Holmes Eastside boxing use to be a reputable boxing site until it merged with the troll site that was boxingnews24... those writers write there articles to get hits and divide opinions so people comment on it. It's not the best site to quote. To read quality boxing news you should check out boxingscene.com

If you google eastside boxing and boxingnews24 you'll see what I mean. It's been exposed on a number of occasions. All there articles are written by the same person under different names.

29. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    That im sure is true. But i have to say i agree with the articles sentiment. Ive always found their articles to be decent enough. As long as they have substance in their article i dont mind. Boxingscene is alright aswell.
    Though, with all fairness to khan, the Collazo fight was a 50/50 by most peoples expectations including myself. Yes with hindsight we can all say Collazo was supposed to be a walk through but it was a high risk fight.
    Khans in a bit of a weird predicament, he has to fight a legit top 5 guy but at the same time he's only a loss away from his career being written off together with the fact that collazo was his debut at 147 (or am i wrong).

30. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    I think it is a fair point though, Khan should be looking at better quality opponents before taking on Mayweather
    however, if Khan continues to box the way he did against Collazo then he has a good chance of faring well against better opponents, unfortunately he has been inconsistent so I'm holding my breath in that regard but lets hope Virgil Hunter can continue to instill more discipline in Khan because speed kills in Boxing and Khan has bundles of that

I dont agree with the article below but its just more news which shows opinion is divided and the differing views out there - Fran Sands is qualified olympic boxing coach and former amateur boxer

http://www.myboxingcoach.com/amir-khan-defeats-floyd-mayweather/
    5 Reasons Why Khan Will Defeat Mayweather Jr

by Fran on May 8, 2014
    Having watched Floyd Mayweather Jr and Amir Khan both defeat very capable adversaries over the weekend (Marcos Maidana and Luis Collazo respectively) it dawned on me that if the two were to meet any time in the next 12 months then Khan would emerge as the victor.
    I don’t make this statement lightly. In fact, quite the contrary. Over the last few of years I have watched both guys perform, but more relevantly I have written a number of technical analysis articles on each. The process of writing these articles has caused me to get very familiar with the boxing style of both Khan and Mayweather Jr.
    Given the work I have put in on understanding the styles of both boxers, I am not ‘shooting from the hip’ here. In fact, when Floyd announced that ‘the fans’ had chosen Marcos Maidana as his next opponent rather than Amir Khan I was quite disappointed. I have felt for the last year or so that a Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Amir Khan bill-topper is one of the most interesting fights not yet to have happened.
    In this article I am going to explain the logic for what many might consider a rash statement at best, just plain old crazy talk at worst. Once you read the article I would be really interested to get your view as to my state of mind, whether I should seek a job as a boxing adviser to a global betting syndicate or whether I should simply increase my medication.
    There are 4 parts to the article:
    • The ‘MyBoxingCoach’ history of articles on each fighter.
    • My observations of the Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Marcos Maidana fight.
    • My observations of the Amir Khan vs Luis Collazo fight.
    • My 5 reasons why Khan wins.
    Mayweather Jr and Khan - The Story So Far…

My admiration for Floyd Mayweather Jr’s boxing capabilities is as high as any fighter I have watched in the last 30 years. In 2010 I wrote an article in which I presented my (then) list of 10 Greatest Boxers of all time. At the time of writing Mayweather Jr did not make the final 10, although he did get an honourable mention as one of those fighters that pained me to leave out of the list. Many who commented on the list did count Floyd in their ’10 greatest’ list and to be honest if I updated my list then Floyd could well be a contender given his last 4 years of operation (albeit taking into account his apparent avoidance of Manny Pacquiao).
    In 2013 I produced an article on the boxing style of Floyd Mayweather Jr, examining his 2009 domination of the brilliant Mexican pugilist Juan Manuel Marquez. In that bout Floyd exhibited the full extent of his amazing boxing brain and skills. He confounded Marquez with a mix of speed, defensive acumen, ring generalship and tactics coupled with blistering attacks. It was a truly mind-blowing performance that for me he has subsequently built upon by outclassing Miguel Cotto and Saul Alvarez in the light middleweight category.
    As one of the greatest fighters of the modern era, Mayweather Jr is most definitely a firm favourite of mine.
    In terms of Amir Khan, I have produced 5 in-depth articles that have examined the development as Khan in the pro ranks. Khan has always sought to develop and improve himself as a fighter. Basing himself in the UK initially, his career faltered when he was blown away by Columbian Breidis Prescott. This loss may have finished a less confident character, but Khan made changes.
    Transferring stateside, Amir Khan joined-up with Freddie Roach at the Wildcard gym. This led to a series of technical improvements to his style, ironing out some fundamental flaws that has developed during his transition from the amateur to the pro ranks. I subsequently produced an analysis of Amir Khan vs Marcos Maidana and followed that up with a round-by-round analysis of his controversial loss to Lamont Peterson in 2011.
    The most recent article that I wrote was an analysis of Amir Khan’s first performance under new trainer Virgil Hunter. I examined his fight with Carlos Molina and tried to identify any changes that Hunter had made to the Khan fighting style following the Brit’s departure from Freddie Roach. Regardless of whether you like the style of Amir Khan, I believe that the technical analysis of a fighter over a 4-year period provides a great learning resource and as a boxing trainer it has been fascinating to undertake that process.
    Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Marcos Maidana

In the opening round Maidana made a very fast start whilst Floyd gave ground as required. Maidana basically threw tons of wild, swinging downward right hay makers, and when I say wild they really were! Floyd was happy to sit on the ropes for 30 seconds or so but continued to land his own much cleaner shots and then subsequently pushed Maidana to the ropes – and this was the key. Floyd was polished, Marcos was raw.
    In subsequent rounds, Mayweather Jr used his wide stance, stayed at long range and didn’t look to simply back away. Floyd maintained pressure on Maidana by showing his perfect understanding of range in the boxing ring.
    Maidana has a good stance at long range, but when he gets up close and goes really square to unload power shots. Whilst power is increased, this square stance reduces not only the capability to combination punch but also the ability to be dynamic with the feet in order to open up effective punching angles. Floyd simply continues to score well at long range, whilst Maidana remains pretty wild and in my opinion doesn’t really land consistently on the target area (the opponent’s spinal column does not constitute the target area.)
    Interestingly after the fight Maidana insisted that Mayweather Jr didn’t “Fight like a man”. For me, Floyd did fight like a man, just not a man who took many shots, there is a difference. Mayweather Jr exhibited superb fighting technique in the 5th. Using left hooks on the retreat and switching his attacks to the body really effectively.
    From the 6th onwards though, Floyd began to take more shots at long range than I have seen him take in previous fights. Maidana was finding success with his jab. Again though, lot’s of Maidana’s work was simply not landing on the scoring area.
    From the 8th, Floyd was working his trademark layback followed by the right cross, but the consistency of this technique working (that is the punch success rate) in this fight appeared to me to have reduced from previous fights. This to me represents evidence that Floyd’s reflexes and speed are diminishing as the way in which Floyd uses this technique is dependent upon reflexes. This may be slight, but it is diminishment regardless at at the highest level of sport tiny percentages matter.
    To be honest, I was never really inspired by the prospect of Floyd meeting Maidana in the ring. Sure it was a decent fight. Sure there were some close rounds and some rounds that went Maidana’s way. I felt Floyd won by at least a couple of rounds, with his quality work distinguishing him from the Argentine brawler. Fact is, Floyd Mayweather Jr has been dealing with the Maidana-type style since he was 10 years old. Aside from the intensity of attack and unpredictability of what shot comes next, Floyd could pretty much handle this kind of opponent in his sleep.
    However, what I did notice more than anything else is that Floyd’s long range game seems to be waning. There were times in this match that he was getting out-jabbed by Maidana; that’s just not something about which Team Mayweather should be comfortable. Floyd’s conditioning was excellent as usual (he’s one of the hardest-working fighters out there when it comes to gym time), but for me his reflexes and overall speed seemed to be slightly dimmed. Maybe this was a one-off, but worryingly for Floyd maybe it isn’t and maybe it’s simply Father Time a-visiting. Question is, can Floyd ‘Do a Hopkins’ and compensate for any age-related constraints by putting that boxing-brain super-computer to work?
    Amir Khan vs Luis Collazo

Amir was tackling a strong southpaw in the form of tough American Luis Collazo. From the 1st round his strategy was spot on. Moving to right and slightly backwards he was aggressive in bursts, cautious and looking to manage range between him and Collazo. He covered up well up close and didn’t look to grab at the first sign of trouble, which to me indicates a fighter who is becoming more comfortable on the inside.
    Khan demonstrated a nice high guard and always looking to capitalise on Collazo missing. He was purposeful and direct and showed really good body movement and fast and sharp bursts of punches. Another interesting exchange took place up close in the 2nd round. Collazo attempted to hold whilst Khan simply smashed him twice in the face with his unfettered right hand. Khan was not looking to hold, guard maintained and began roughing Collazo up with his forearms.
    The first time that Khan held was in the 3rd round. In the 4th Khan dropped Collazo with a couple of well-placed and fast shots. From this point there was an interesting change of strategy by Luis Collazo; walk forward with your hands by your sides. Maybe he was trying to prove a point but if I were in his corner I would have suggested he not do that again…ever!
    In the 5th there was more of the same, Khan smashing home long range shots and Collazo marching forlornly forward. Khan began getting cute up close with his little tricks; holding strong with one arm and rubbing his forehead in Collazo’s face.
    In overview, there was a superb work rate from Khan through rounds 1 – 6. Collazo continued to march and Khan continued to ‘stick and move’ to great effect, seldom being caught with anything but the draught from Collazo’s punches. Very one-dimensional from Luis. Khan simply retreated, fired 2 or 3 shots and then pivoted off to the side to deflect the Collazo attack. All very easy for the Brit. Collazo became increasingly frustrated resulting in a deducted point for low blows (followed up with Khan getting a deduction for holding).
    Post 6th round the fight just became a bit Groundhog Day, apart that is from the 10th. Khan backed Luis to the ropes. Little bit of clinching, following which Khan holds Collazo’s lead right hand and smashes home a short right uppercut to the body at close range. I don’t recall Khan ever dropping an opponent at close range as in the past he simply sought to hold on in a messy and uncontrolled way. Khan roughing-up and dumping the opponent in such a way is a first - An infighting awakening. An incredible volume of punches were thrown by Khan in an attempt to finish the bout, superb endurance.
    Khan cruised the 11th whilst Collazo smashed in a cynically low punch with real intent – his frustration levels were through the roof. Khan takes his rest with that low-blow showing good ‘ring smarts’.
    This was a great performance by Khan and showed plenty of development and improvement from previous performances. Whilst doubts remain as to his punch resistance he showed a degree of toughness and resilience in this fight, learning what it takes to ‘win dirty’ as necessary.
    So, without further ado onto my 5 reasons why Amir Khan defeats Floyd Mayweather Jr should they meet (and Floyd doesn’t take the easy option of a return with Maidana).
    5 Reasons Why Khan Wins

Reason #1 – Floyd’s reflexes have dimmed and his speed has diminished. Not by much, but by enough to really matter against a speed demon like Khan.
    Reason #2 – Partly related to Reason #1, Floyd’s long-range boxing game has become less effective. This means that Khan will be likely to hold the aces in the exchange of long range punches.
    Reason #3 – Amir Khan has become a more ‘street-wise’ fighter up-close, mixing attack with defence in a coherent and sensible way. This means that Floyd will be less inclined to mix it at close range (hats off to Virgil Hunter)
    Reason #4 – Khan appears to have struck the correct balance between caution and risk-taking. He doesn’t over-commit as he did in many earlier fights.
    Reason #5 – Floyd will need to become ‘the fighter’ if he meets Khan by going on the front-foot. I’m not convinced that he can undertake that role with the effectiveness of his more considered style, especially given the fact that he is now 37.
    In closing

Floyd Mayweather Jr is one of the best fighters I have ever seen, on that I am unmovable. In presenting the views in this article I am not saying that Amir Khan is better than Floyd. Amir does not make it even close to my top 10 greatest, nor will he ever. I just believe that he will take a points decision, judging controversies aside [​IMG]
    All I am stating here is that I believe that circumstances have come together to make Floyd Mayweather Jr vulnerable to defeat by a fighter of Khan’s skill, speed, strength and stamina. Does this mean that say the Amir Khan of ‘now’ would have defeated the Floyd of a couple of fights ago? No. Does it mean that Khan is a better fighter than Mayweather Jr? That doesn’t even deserve a response!
    I am really eager to understand the various views on this, or even on any other Floyd-related ramblings. Just to ‘throw another lit match into the petrol pond’, I actually think that if Floyd was offered the choice of Khan or Pacquiao in his next outing, my view is that Team Mayweather would choose the Filipino every day of the week.
    Please get the discussion going in the comment boxes below, I look forward to my beating [​IMG]
    Cheers
    Fran

31. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Khan himself claims he's going to KO FMJ. If Shane moseley didnt do it its safe to say Khan wont. I agree with the article in the sense that FMJ is going to have to have to go close quaters, however i dont understand why the writer is saying that Khan has become streetwise? I need to fully watch the collazo fight i guess. However If FMJ handled every dirty trick that Miadana could muster then im sure he can handle a 'streetwise' khan (in the rough and close quaters sense not handle him as in winning)
    Khans best bet is to out point fmj.

32. London_Lahori

London_Lahori Tracer Bullet

Feb 18, 2014
    Wife gave birth to a baby girl. Congrats to him and his family.

33. Pakistanalltheway

Jul 16, 2012
    Congrats to Amir and his whole family.

34. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
  35. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012
    @AmirKingKhan All nonsense please don't believe what you read. I'm home with my family and nobody got beat up

36. Pakistanalltheway

Jul 16, 2012
    Don't know what to think of that. It could have been that he was attacked and had to defend himself.

37. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
  38. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Amir Khan's shorts feature white leather, silk and a 24-carat gold thread waistband
    Amir Khan: British fighter to wear £20,000 shorts for Vegas bout
    Amir Khan will wear boxing's "most expensive shorts" when he takes on Devon Alexander in a welterweight showdown in Las Vegas on Saturday.

The shorts, made of white nappa leather, silk and featuring a waistband made of 24-carat gold thread, are reported to be worth at least £20,000.

The Sheffield company Fight Label, who made the shorts, said Khan "wanted extravagant and we've delivered".

The winner of Saturday's bout could fight Floyd Mayweather next year.

Khan, 28, has already donned a pair of eye-catching shorts in the build-up to the bout with Alexander, who has won 26 of his 28 career fights.

The Bolton fighter sported a pair of black shorts made of "Versace material" and featuring more than "1000 Swarovski stones" for a media workout on Wednesday.

Khan is preparing for his first fight since defeating veteran American Luis Collazo on his welterweight debut in May.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/30431803

:fp

39. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    why the gold :confused

40. Pakistanalltheway

Jul 16, 2012
    Would be embarrassing if he gets koed in them shorts lol.