Amir Khan Thread

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by BALOCH_786, May 16, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    To be honest no one was expecting this fight to be announced today, straight out of nowhere lol

2. London_Lahori

London_Lahori Tracer Bullet

Feb 18, 2014
    No rumours, nothing! Shocked!

3. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    over or under 6 rounds?

4. London_Lahori

London_Lahori Tracer Bullet

Feb 18, 2014
    I reckon 8/9. He'll get reckless when he tires.

5. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012
    what the hell

Attached Files:

6. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012
    his account hacked i think

7. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From Amir's snapchat earlier

8. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The build up continues

9. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moving back over the Atlantic now as the build up continues

10. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  11. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  12. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    Got knocked by Prescott because he wanted to out-speed a longer fighter. That was when he was an idiot with no defense.

Garcia got a lucky shot which Amir recovered from but didn't know what to do afterwards because of his retarded coach.

Got knocked out by a guy 20 pounds heavier whom he was outboxing. Even Kell's ratchet ass would get knocked out. Pretty much any welterweight would including Mayweather who beat an inexperienced Canelo by draining him to 152 with a rehydration clause, so he'd around 167-168 on fight night.

That's all lol? Boxers in the past have been knocked out more brutally than Amir and they've gone on to participate in 50+ fights. Making a big deal out of nothing.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  14. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    I back Amir to beat any welterweight after he's been in the ring with Canelo except Errol Spence. Though I criticized Amir's defense after the KO, he has come a long way and is only getting better. For his next fight Amir's got to learn how to stay switched on for 12 rounds.

Amir you've still 5-6 fights left. Don't be a wuss and quit early.

15. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    Big announcement next week. Think he's opening an academy in Pakistan.

16. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    No way is this guy going to quit. He's got ambitions in bucket loads and has said in past he's aiming to become a legend of this sport and I have no doubt he'll get that status if he keeps boxing with his heart

17. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Khan sb, hath hola rakho...

18. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Vijender Singh vs Amir Khan happening? It can be like India-Pakistan cricket match, says British boxer

After a huge win over Kerry Hope for the WBO Asia Pacific title on Sunday, Vijender Singh gathered confidence to hint at a possible future fight with Amir Khan. The well-known British boxer considers this challenge to be funny, but has not ruled out the bout in the future, claiming it will be like an India-Pakistan cricket match if it materialises.

"If we fight, the bout will be a blockbuster but if it doesn't happen, I am always going to support him and stand in his corner. You've got the India-Pakistan connection & that will make this bout huge. It will be like India-Pakistan in cricket," NDTV quoted Amir as saying.

Khan, who even came close to fighting superstars like Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao in the past, believes Vijender should continue his good run in the boxing ring before challenging high-profiled stars. To be fair, there is no comparison between the two boxers at present. Amir Khan has been one of the best pro boxers, winning 31 of his 35 fights. Vijender, on the other hand, just started fighting pro last year.

"Before calling out big names like me, he needs to build up his experience, some fighters do get very ambitious. I was just like Vijender when I turned pro, I worked very hard & he needs to do that too. Vijender is skillful but the next ten fights will be crucial for his experience," Khan said.

Khan, few days ago, had also warned Vijender via Twitter after learning that the Indian boxer had challenged the British star. The 2004 Athens Olympics silver medallist again spoke on the same lines.

"I find Vijender's challenge quite funny, I will ruin his career," Khan added.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/vijender-s...ia-pakistan-cricket-match-says-british-687360

19. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Amir lost his hunger a long time ago. He's too rich, too settled and has too little to lose.

20. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    Clown shoes has really been dredging up his sordid personal life lately.

21. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    All's well that ends well.

22. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    Ohh Amir, whatever are we going to do with you!

23. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Beyond belief some of the crap associated with him. One thing after another.

24. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    Meanwhile britains favourite boxer posting instagram pic of spending time in mosques.

25. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    And getting a volley of verbal abuse from retarded individuals.

26. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    Looks like khan paquaiou is on. Paquaiou tweeting that they have come to terms

27. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  28. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Reading reports that the fight is off?

29. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Amir Khan-Manny Pacquiao's proposed UAE fight 'dead' - promoter Bob Arum

Britain's Amir Khan will not fight WBO world welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao next month, the Filipino's promoter, Bob Arum, has revealed.

The two fighters had announced the "super fight" for 23 April on Twitter at the end of February, with the United Arab Emirates expected to be the venue.

But Aram told ESPN: "It's kaddish for the UAE deal. It's dead.

"I'm talking about another proposal for another fight, not Khan. Khan won't be Manny's next opponent."

The April fight was originally arranged after Pacquiao's followers on Twitter voted Khan as the opponent they would like to see the 38-year-old fight next.

Khan, 30, who won silver as a lightweight at the 2004 Olympics, beat compatriot Kell Brook, Australia's Jeff Horn and American Terence Crawford with 48% of the vote carried out by Pacquiao.

Arum also told the Los Angeles Times that the $38m (£31.1m) offer for the bout had failed to materialise and that the duo could not face each other until the second half of 2017, under revised terms.

Arum said Pacquiao's advisor Michael Koncz would negotiate a revised fight against an alternative opponent that could be staged in July.

Pacquiao, who has won 59 of his 67 bouts, claimed the WBO title with aunanimous points victory over American Jessie Vargas in Las Vegas last November.

Khan's last fight in May 2016 saw him jump two weight divisions to 155lbs, when he challenged Mexico's Saul Alvarez for the WBC middleweight title, but was knocked out in the sixth round.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/39203065

30. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Manny Pacquiao-Amir Khan fight cancelled because $38 million from an investment group turned out to be fake

Manny Pacquiao will not be fighting Amir Khan in April after all.

After the two boxers reportedly came to an agreement to fight in the United Arab Emirates inApril, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said on Tuesday that the fight has been cancelled.

According to ESPN's Dan Rafael, Arum had been skeptical of a $38 million offer that Pacquiao and his adviser Michael Koncz had been pursuing from an unnamed investment group in the UAE. However, Koncz and Pacquiao believed it to be real, and both Pacquiao and Khan had announced the deal on social media.

On Tuesday, Arum told ESPN that Koncz was on his way to the Philippines to tell Pacquiao that the deal "was nothing but a fantasy."

"Michael is on his way back to meet with Manny but it's kaddish for the UAE deal. It's dead," Arum said to ESPN. "I'm talking to him about another proposal for another fight, not Khan. Khan won't be Manny's next opponent."

According to ESPN, Arum did not want to reveal the potential fight until Koncz had spoken to Pacquiao about it.

Additionally, Arum told Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times that the deal was "pie in the sky."

"When they contacted me, I told them it was pie in the sky, that this is crazy, it’s not going to happen. Manny wanted to roll the dice. He rolled the dice and it came up snake eyes. If something is too good to be true, it’s too good to be true."

Arum added, "That deal is done for now. [Pacquiao and Koncz] were talking to the wrong people."

According to Pugmire, Arum said the Khan fight could be revisited with "realistic numbers."

For now, it appears a fight fans had clamored for is over. Rafael reports that Arum expects Pacquiao to fight elsewhere in June or July.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/manny-pacquiao-amir-khan-fight-cancelled-fake-offer-2017-3

31. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Amir Khan to fight at Liverpool's Echo Arena on 21 April

British former light-welterweight world champion Amir Khan will return to the ring for the first time in almost two years with a fight at Liverpool's Echo Arena on 21 April.

His opponent will be announced next week, promoter Eddie Hearn said.

The 31-year-old last fought in May 2016 when he was knocked out by Mexico's Saul Alvarez in the sixth round of their WBC middleweight title bout.

A fight against Manny Pacquiao was set for April 2017 but was called off.

Promoter Hearn said: "The target is to provide him with the biggest fights possible with a mouth-watering list of names including the likes of Manny Pacquiao, Kell Brook, Keith Thurman and Errol Spence.

"I'm excited to get started and looking forward to a huge night of boxing on 21 April."

He said the intention was for Khan to also fight in August or September "in preparation for a super fight in winter 2018".

The Bolton boxer, who has won 31 of his 35 professional bouts, has signed a three-fight deal with Matchroom after ending a long-running feud with Hearn.

Last August, he accused the promoter of being "disrespectful".

Khan said at the time: "The only way I would take that Brook fight is if he left Eddie Hearn. I just don't like Eddie Hearn."

However, in Wednesday's news conference the pair sat alongside each other.

Khan added: "I'm really excited for the next couple of years. I'm feeling fit and strong and I can't wait to get back in the ring."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/42634597

32. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Amir Khan ends feud with Eddie Hearn

Amir Khan has ended feud with his former rival Eddie Hearn, teaming up with him for a three-fight deal.

According to British media, the Bolton-born fighter will have his first fight in the United Kingdom on April 21 at Liverpool’s Echo Arena.

Amir believes that teaming up with Hearn can help him become world champion for the third time as the latter is also the promotor of his rival, Kell Brook.

The boxer — who has not fought since being knocked down by Mexican boxer Canelo Alvarez in May 2016 — said he was thrilled to be teaming up with Hearn’s Matchroom stable.

Matchroom Sport, founded by Hearn’s father, owns, manages and promotes sporting events.

“The decision is not one I have taken lightly as I’m at a hugely important time in my career,” the British media quoted Amir as saying. “But having spoken to Eddie at length, it was clear he and I were on the same page on terms of what I want to be doing and what I still want to achieve.

Amir said he was determined to win world championship once again and was confident of the team that was behind him.

“I’ve been out of the ring for too long and I’m desperate to make up for lost time, starting in April,” the boxer said.

As per reports, Hearn wants Amir to fight twice in 2018 for lead to a clash at the end of the year, most likely against Brook.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/176271-amir-khan-ends-feud-with-eddie-hearn

33. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Any idea who he will be fighting?

34. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Probably some bum to get him back in the groove of things. Cant see it being a high profile name with him being out for so long.

35. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    This guy is very frustrating. Lack of will power and heart has ruined his career. Wins few fights vs bums and then goes on to lose the big one

36. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    I think its down to him not being able to handle the fame too. He very well knew every move is scrutinised when you have the status he gained,
    I am personally sick of reading all the additional crap that has come out about his personal life. Especially all the recent drama with his parents/wife. That should never had come out in in public, but hey each to their own.

37. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Your right. I was a big fan when Amir Khan was known for just his boxing skills. That speed was fun. However after this 3 year saga he's gone down in everyone's eyes. Feel horrible for all celebs though. I think people scrutinize their every move too much.

He should have just set up a TV show when all this happened, something like the Kardashians. At least he would have got paid for it

38. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    I guess it comes with the territory at the end of the day. He would be naïve to think his every step wasn't being followed. The media are always waiting for something to jump on and sell a story. He gets dragged in too easily. Easy bait.

The boxing talent is there for everyone to see. Its a shame he hasn't fulfilled his potential. He got too big for his shoes and wasted too much time chasing the Mayweather fight. Would have loved to have seen him take on Brook a few years ago. I guess its one last chance at redemption. Needs to put his head down and just let the boxing do the talking.

39. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Amir Khan to fight Phil lo Greco in Liverpool - first bout since 2016

Britain's Amir Khan will fight Canadian Phil lo Greco at the Liverpool Echo Arena on 21 April in his first bout for almost two years.

Khan, 31, was beaten by Saul Alvarez in a WBC middleweight title bout in May 2016, his most recent fight.

"He will be coming with everything to win this fight and I'm not going to give him an inch," said former light-welterweight world champion Khan.

"He's an aggressive fighter who is always looking to come forward."

Khan has won 31 and lost four of his 35 professional bouts, while Lo Greco, 33, has 28 wins and three defeats from 31 fights.

"Being my first fight in the UK, I'm excited about the crowd," said Lo Greco.

"I can't wait to feel that energy. As much as UK fans love their fighters, they love great fights and I promise just that. This night will go down as one of the best fights ever in the UK.

"I've got a full training camp this time around - there will be no room for error. Amir Khan will be knocked out."

During his time away from the ring, Khan appeared on ITV show I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/42860490

40. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Amir Khan: Boxer throws water at Phil Lo Greco in heated exchange about personal life

[​IMG]
    Amir Khan reacts angrily at Tuesday's news conference, with promoter Eddie Hearn, centre, stepping in

Amir Khan threw water over opponent Phil Lo Greco on Tuesday - reacting to talk about his personal life.

The pair meet in Liverpool on 21 April, when British welterweight Khan fights for the first time in nearly two years.

At a pre-fight promotional event, Lo Greco pointed to Khan's family issues and marital difficulties since losing to Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez in May 2016.

And the former world champion, 31, responded by throwing water at the Canadian, prompting an on-stage melee.

Lo Greco said: "After the Canelo loss you went on a losing streak - family, wife, and then you go out and tweet to the heavyweight champion of the world. What is wrong with you, mate?"

Lo Greco's reference was to a tweet Khan sent to Anthony Joshua in August 2017. It concerned his own marriage and Khan later apologised to the British heavyweight for sending it.

After security had calmed the clash on stage, promoter Eddie Hearn asked Lo Greco to apologise, while Khan later said his rival's behaviour would serve as motivation to "give this guy a beating".

The Bolton boxer, who has won 31 of his 35 professional bouts, has signed a three-fight deal with Matchroom after ending a long-running feud with Hearn.

The media gathering looked capable of boiling over as the pair goaded one another from the outset. Lo Greco thanked Hearn for giving him three months' notice for the bout, prompting Khan to quickly respond: "He saw the size of you."

Lo Greco, who has 28 wins from 31 fights, replied by pointing at his chin to shout "double chin" before pointing at Khan's and stating "glass chin".

Fans at the Liverpool event were quick to shout down Lo Greco, who branded Khan "nothing but a salesman".

"He's selling you guys," said the Toronto boxer. "You've been out for two years. Now you sign with Eddie Hearn and you are selling people that there is hope you can fight Kell Brook."

Lo Greco told Khan he was looking for a "dog fight" on the night and warned the Briton his career would "only get worse" as a result of the heavy knockout he suffered against Alvarez, when he made a one-time step up to middleweight.

[​IMG]
    Amir Khan throws water over his next opponent, Phil Lo Greco
    Khan, flanked by his father Shah at the media event, refused to apologise to Lo Greco for throwing water but said sorry to those in attendance.

He told those gathered that time spent on reality television show 'I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here' has helped him lose weight to aid his training camp, which will begin under US-based coach Virgil Hunter this week.

"I will train like it's a world-title fight," said Khan. "Greco says maybe I'm past my best. I'm 31 and at the peak of my career. For me, boxing is the way forward. Boxing put me here and I am going to finish on a high.

"I have a great three-fight deal. To start in Liverpool, a great city, this will be another big one. He has just motivated me to go to the gym and work hard. I am going to give this guy a beating for 12 rounds."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/42876859