Amir Khan Thread

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by BALOCH_786, May 16, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Amir Khan to fight Danny Garcia in Las Vegas on 14 July

Amir Khan says he will fight WBC light-welterweight champion Danny Garcia in Las Vegas on 14 July.
    Khan, 25, was originally scheduled to face Lamont Peterson earlier this month in a rematch for the WBA and IBF light-welterweight titles.

However, that bout was cancelled after the latter tested positive for elevated testosterone levels.
    That left Khan looking for another opponent and he tweeted: "May the best man win on 14 July. Khan vs Garcia."
    Danny Garcia profile

• Born: March 20, 1988
    • Nickname: Swift
    • Total fights: 23
    • Total wins: 23 (14 by KO)
    • Titles held: WBC light-welterweight (March 2012- )
    Garcia, 24, is undefeated, with 23 wins including 14 knockouts.

"I feel like this is how it's supposed to be: the best versus the best, both of us in our prime and giving the fans a great fight," Garcia told www.espn.com.

"I'm just happy - I feel like I have what it takes to beat this guy.

"I've watched Khan a lot. He's a good fighter, but I don't think he's what people say he is, getting all this credit.

"I feel like he will leave himself open for some big shots and we'll see if he can take them. I can box and I can punch. I'm going to hit him with stuff he won't see. I can't wait."

Garcia recently secured the vacant WBC light-welterweight title with victory by a unanimous decision over Mexican legend Erik Morales, who had been stripped of the belt for failing to make the weight.
    It is not yet clear what titles, if any, will be at stake between Garcia and Khan.

Khan's promoters, Golden Boy, is trying to have the result of the Peterson-Khan fight from December overturned to a no decision and the WBA and IBF belts returned to Khan.

However Garcia tweeted on 19 May: "If he [Khan] doesn't get his belts back, we can't fight. A unification bout is the only fight that can not let me fight my mandatory."

Garcia is due for a mandatory defence against Ajose Olusegun but, should Khan be given one or both belts back, the WBC would sanction Garcia-Khan because unification bouts take precedence over mandatory fights.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18171108

2. Waq

Waq Emerging Player

May 9, 2010
    Not really seen much of this Garcia. Is he a Maidana style boxer (crude and power?).

Khan needs to polish up his performances as he finished poorly against Maidana, did not really hurt or KO Maginalli, imo could have lost to the unknown Irishman and despite the drugs issue - had a poor game plan against Peterson. Hardly the calibre of a boxer who should be calling out Mayweather any time soon.

3. Cover Drive

Cover Drive Talented

Apr 13, 2012
    Waq bhai Roach and even Khan has been saying that this is Amirs last fight at 140 (if he wins) as his next target would be Mayweather in December, lol! Khan is so desperate to make his name by beating Mayweather. He will be bambloozed by Mayweather in December :ramizraja

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  4. Waq

Waq Emerging Player

May 9, 2010
    It is good be ambitious but also know your limitations!

5. Cover Drive

Cover Drive Talented

Apr 13, 2012
    True - I'd say he should face Bradley, Cotto et cetra before facing Mayweather or even dream of fighting him.

I think the reason why Khan wants to fight Mayweather so desperately is because Khan fears he might retire soon as he is 35.

6. Cover Drive

Cover Drive Talented

Apr 13, 2012
    Waq bhai and Saul Goodman bhai what do you think about this?

7. Cover Drive

Cover Drive Talented

Apr 13, 2012
    If this is true and if this happens then Khan should walk on his head on streets of Bolton, he would be extremely lucky if this actually happens.

He would get belts back, got exposure of new boxers, unleashed his weaknesses, worked on them and last but not least made money of the fight as well!

8. Waq

Waq Emerging Player

May 9, 2010
    Cover Drive in my view, it is absolutely the correct thing for Amir Khan to get his belts back.

Peterson has made an admission that he injected himself with testosterone pellets prior to the Khan fight. This is not allowed and therefore due to the admission, it makes sense to nullify the result of the fight. This should therefore mean that Khan rightfully gets his belt back.

I don't think that Khan is actually lucky for this because it his entitlement. Khan fought a poor fight strategically but it is highly likely that the testosterone allowed Peterson to come forward. Tarnished fight and moronic move by Peterson.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  9. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Khan got the short end of the stick from the referee so this would be justice done.

10. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    TBH most of us assumed Khan was destined for bigger and better things. The belts look nice but do they matter? The worrying thing was khan was exposed yet again, this time by a fighter coming forward. No it wasnt a fair fight as it turned out but the cracks are still there.
    If you guys recall mayweather v mosely. Mayweather didnt even bother with Moseleys wba belt because he couldnt be asked to pay their fee.

11. Cover Drive

Cover Drive Talented

Apr 13, 2012
    I had been thoughtful of late, so as we all know how desperate Amir Khan is to fight Floyd Mayweather so IF Amir Khan wins on 14 July 2012 against Garcia, his trainer, Freddie Roach has said he would want to have a bout with Floyd Mayweather (not sure if Mayweather camp would agree on this for a fight near end of this year as Mayweather would be released near end of August). So if Amir Khan and Floyd Mayweather have a bout in December then considering Floyld Mayweather went to prison for three months, the trauma would be somewhat present on his mind and perhaps he would be mentally weak? If so then perhaps Amir Khan can beat him?

This is the ONLY liable option I can think of where Amir Khan can beat Floyld Mayweather.

LOL!

12. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Lol mayweather will be out a lot quicker than khan thinks on good behavior. Mayweather still will have ample time for a good camp. Hell, he'll probably be doing light training in jail. Bad calculation Khan!

13. Cover Drive

Cover Drive Talented

Apr 13, 2012
    Saul Goodman Bhai on good behaviour Mayweather would be out few weeks sooner, its not that his sentence would be halved.

14. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Its only a 90 day sentence bruv. If he remains relatively active he'll be fine. A 'couple of weeks' on a 90 day sentence is substantial! lets say he gets off 3 weeks early, thats 33% of his sentence! The fact is he only needs 3-4 months to train for a fight. Mayweathers timing, reflexes etc are still world class so for khan to be acting like a scavenging predator is disappointing. A real confident fighter would have said ' hey i'll fight mayweather come what may, im just a better fighter' Khans seems to have bet his chips on the fact that mayweather will be rusty.....thats not the way of the warrior. Disappointing from khan.

Truth is khan is just a good fighter and there are thousands of good fighters out there, i admit he's at the top of the pile on good fighters but thats about it. He has been exposed several times now and moving up weight means boxers will hit harder and he's moving into very competitive territory.

• List
  15. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
  16. Cover Drive

Cover Drive Talented

Apr 13, 2012
    Whilst I agree with you, but still a prison time would be enough to shake Floyd Mayweathers mental stability.

Although I am big supporter of Amir Khan, I have no hesitation in saying that Amir Khan will be knocked out badly if he plays Floyd Mayweather in next 12-18 months.

17. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    I honestly dont think prison will effect him. You have to remember that floyd mayweather is from the school of hardknocks. His father was a heroin dealer and his mom was a junkie. Most people buy into the flash image he portrays of flash cars and big houses. This guy is as mentally tough as they come. For khan boxing is about fame glory money etc but for mayweather its about survival. Mayweather is a predator while khan has had a pretty comfortable and typical upbringing.
    Khan is going after mayweather the wrong way. Hes already pretty much admitted that floyd at his peak is too good for him by acknowledging prison may harm him in some way. Mayweather will already smell blood. Pacquiao intimidates floyd but khan is another matter.

18. Cover Drive

Cover Drive Talented

Apr 13, 2012
    Thats true, Floyld's background was pretty much like Mike Tyson, prison didn't hurt Mike Tyson either (if I'm not mistaken).

So I do agree with you.

19. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    I have to say bro, tysons sentence and floyds sentence are worlds apart. Tysons sentence was a career finisher and to an extent his record shows that. Mayweather on the other hand has a sentence that is a minor inconvenience. Tyson was a broken man post jail, he realised a lot of people took him for a ride, Don king for one. Mayweather on the other hand is no sucker he knows its about self preservation and family.

Just watch the Klitschko documentary, Don King tried to sign up the klitchkos by playing the piano and lying through his teeth. The Klits realised the piano was playing itself and decided not to sign. Another boxer speaking on the matter talked about kings ruthlessness. He said an unnamed fighter (Tyson) signed his life away because KIng threw a pile of cash at him. When asked why he signed he said 'ive never seen so much money in my life!'

20. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Can't see the jail sentence affecting Mayweather in anyway. The guy took a long absence from the sport and came back looking like he had never been away!

• List
  21. Cover Drive

Cover Drive Talented

Apr 13, 2012
  22. Cover Drive

Cover Drive Talented

Apr 13, 2012
    So there was some word exchange, here is the video;

Really think Khan was utmost professional, he definitely has become more professional now. Would say his mentor (or fiancee) is looking after him? Not too long ago he did get slacks on Twitter for not being educated.

23. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Khan didnt do to bad TBH but he lets people get under his skin waaay to easy. Garcias father made a concerted effort to wind khan up.

Khan needs to realise there are no half measures....its either all in or all out. I refer back to this clip:D

24. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Looks like our resident idiot has been tweeting pictures of himself with strippers and wads of cash.....then changrs his mind and claims she was a gymnast or something equally retarded. Lol his mrs wasnt too impressed. This idiots career will probably go iin the same direction as audley. Leave flashing the cash to the money team because right now your career is nothing to brag about.

25. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    What is up with this dude? Is he tipping on mushrooms? People around him will ruin his career just like tyson's except tyson made it to the top of the food chain. They are filling his head with nonsense just to bleed him dry.They will make khan fight mayweather, he'll lose and then will be destined to fighting on undercards or even worse end up like Audley Harrison!

26. Talha3

Talha3 Youngsta Beauty

Jun 28, 2012
    Khan's a long way from Mayweather but he talks as though it's his next fight. I'm a fan of Khan but he needs to improve his PR. More importantly though, needs to beat Garcia, ideally convincingly.

27. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Less than a week to go, Khan needs to put on a good show.

28. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    He better not lose to Garcia. Not after what his father said.

THat piece of shit insulted us as pakistanis, our religion etc. NO PITTER PATTER CRAP khan, punch a hole in his face.

29. Geordie Ahmed

Geordie Ahmed Emerging Player

Mar 17, 2012
    What did he say?

30. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
  31. Geordie Ahmed

Mar 17, 2012
  32. Talha3

Talha3 Youngsta Beauty

Jun 28, 2012
  33. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    I hope khan doesnt lose to this bum!

34. Geordie Ahmed

Mar 17, 2012
    Just saw that this fight is on Sky Sports 1, wasn't keen on forking out extra for this and I badly want to see him beat Garcia

35. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Yep SSP1 will be showing it live. Wouldn't have paid 15 quid for it either

36. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    i'll save the £££ for haye v chisora. Nice to see HW boxing on at uk time for once.

37. SIMBA

SIMBA Youngsta Beauty

Oct 3, 2011
    By the way: There is a spexial programme coming on Sky Sports about the fight...around half ten I think.

38. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Amir please wipe the floor with this chump. His dad needs to pipe down. Never seen a Pakistani fight? Amir go show him how we roll!
    Garcia camp is one annoying camp. Just watched the final press conference. Rant over.

39. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    I'm not a big Khan supporter but want him to beat Garcia!

40. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010
    can someone post a link for any feed when the game starts...and when does the game start?