Amir Khan Thread

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by BALOCH_786, May 16, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    Was it me or did khan look slightly bulkier up top? Khan made some suspect statements that should have set alarm bells ringing in tabares.
    I think they tried to up the punching power of khan and turn him into some kind of power puncher:S There was all this talk of khan hitting harder.

2. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Btw why is khan his sur name?

Is he a Pathan or what?

Such an over rated and overhyped guy :fp

3. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Do pathans have a monopoly on 'Khan'????

4. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Nopes.

But The communities that use the surname Khan include the Afghans,Turkic peoples in Central Asia and Northern Pakistan; tribes in Pakistan and their purported descendents in India and Bangladesh ,Baloch tribes in Balochistan and in Sindh and various Mongol , Turks , and Tatar tribes in central and northern Asia.

And i dont think he belong to any of these tribes.

If he use it just for fun then its ok but one should always feel proud of his own ethnicity.

5. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Your talking nonsense again aren't you? Its a name, its common it doesnt necessarily denote ethnicity.
    But if your feeling left out of having an idiotic sportsman by the name of khan then just refer back to afridi.:D

6. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    As if your comment made any sense?

7. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    I am a Khan but not a Pathan :)

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  8. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Good for you ;)

9. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    So, are you telling me my comments dont make any sense or asking me? Either way 'khan' is a generic name and not restricted by virtue of race. I hope that makes sense.

10. Geordie Ahmed

Geordie Ahmed Emerging Player

Mar 17, 2012
    I don't dispute that BUT Sami is totally bakwaas

11. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Re Sami and Khan both had all the requisite skills.
    Ok back to the thread:) Khan has been making some rather cryptic references about putting himself and how he's not happy about jumping back and forth to the Philippines. If thats a reference to his training regime then its more than likely he's looking for a new trainer who can give him his full attention. Maybe manny steward can revive this dudes career like he did with the Klitschko bros!

12. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Comeone khan nows a good tine to challenge mayweather........he really looks warn out and emaciated.
    [​IMG]

13. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Rajput.

Many Rajputs have Khan as surname,

Including me.

14. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011

ok.. didnt know about this before.

15. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Amir Khan splits from boxing trainer Freddie Roach

Amir Khan has confirmed he has parted company with trainer Freddie Roach and will name his replacement on Saturday.

Khan has lost his last two fights and rumours he would split with Roach - who also guides Manny Pacquiao - emerged after July's defeat by Danny Garcia.

"Officially I have left Freddie Roach," the 25-year-old tweeted. "Just had a good professional chat and maybe in the future we will work together."
    Roach told ESPN: "I wished him luck. I have been fired before."

The Bolton boxer subsequently confirmed his separation from Roach in a statement on his official website, saying he felt a "fresh change" was needed.

"After nearly four years together, in which we enjoyed some great success, I part ways with my trainer Freddie Roach," he continued.

"I would like to thank him for all his hard work and help during this period and express my gratitude to him for the progress he helped bring about whilst I was under him.

"I feel now, however, is the right time in my career to make a fresh change and bring in a new trainer. I'm looking forward, and am excited, about the prospect of working alongside someone new. I will make an announcement in due course of who this will be.

"There are some specific aspects of my game I'm looking to work on and hopefully improve. My next training camp begins in early October and I will have everything in place by then."

Tensions appeared between the pair following the Garcia defeat with Khan issuing an ultimatum stating that Roach had to concentrate his efforts on the Bolton fighter, rather than his large stable of other boxers.

Roach then revealed on Friday he had twice rejected overtures from Khan's camp to ditch WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and multiple world champion Pacquiao to concentrate solely on the British fighter.

The pair first began working with each other in 2008 following the Olympic silver medallist's first-round knockout loss during his WBO intercontinental lightweight title defence against Breidis Prescott.

They went on to win eight fights and two world titles together in the 140lb division before the recent losing streak.

Khan had been trained by Oliver Harrison for the first 17 fights of his professional career, with the duo enjoying a flawless winning record that included 13 knockouts.

Dean Powell and Jorge Rubio then lasted one fight each, before Khan linked up with Hall of Fame inductee Roach.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/mobile/boxing/19608995

16. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Don't know if it is the best decision but the Khan camp feel the need of a change after 2 losses in a row. Agree in a way that with Roachs commitment to other fighters that Amir wasn't get the right amount of time which had an affect on his performance. Will be interesting to see who they announce as the new coach

17. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    This was an expected move. I don't think Roach did anything wrong here as Khan has a tendency to deviate from the plan devised by Roach. If Khan had stuck to what he did in Round 1 vs Garcia, he would have won. He paid for getting too aggressive.

18. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    So Khan wanted Roach.to dump one of the greatest fighters of our time and a very talented world champion to focus on him? Talk about being a delusional moron. When my brother told me about this a while back I thought who the heck is going to train him? He needs a defensive coach. Manny ssteward seems like a good idea but would he take on this primadona is another matter.

19. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    I honestly think roach is being used as a scapegoat for khan s shortcomings. I will laugh my face off if weather snr is the new coach....though the mayweathers are technfiscally and defensively sound not everyone can deal with them.....defo not khan.

20. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Youngsta Beauty

Sep 16, 2012
    Amir khan is quite bad, he was always overhyped

21. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Was thinking of watching Amir in Sheffield next month until I clicked on the tickets website and found out the cheapest seat was £85 up in the sky! It's not even a title fight and the opponent isnt a big draw either. The guy comes back to the Uk after so long and prices out his fans. Going to watch this one from home

22. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Well, it's sort of a homecoming for him after fighting on the road for so long. Can't really blame the promoters for the prices. It still will be a sell-out.

23. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Homecoming or no homecoming them prices are way over. Froch V Kessler in the same arena not too long ago for a world title and the tickets started from 50 quid. Even Amirs tickets at the M.E.N a few years back were going around that price. Not even a decent fight on the undercard! Rip off in my eyes.

24. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    I'm not that familiar with the boxing ways, is it normal for a boxer to select his own ticket prices?

25. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Only way the promoters will give a damn is if people don't buy the tickets. They'll take the negative publicity as long as they sellout 95% of the seats.

26. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    I'm sure Khan Promotions will have a say with it being here in the UK although it will be more or less handled by Goldenboy.

• List
  27. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Yep people will still pay that kind of money. It's £350 for ringside. Most people iv spoken to have kind of been put off by the prices though. I'm kind of disappointed myself.

28. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    It's the promoter that sets all the prices - be it tickets, PPV deal, even concessions during the fight.

• List
  29. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Speaking of Golden Boy Promotion, how smart a man is Oscar? Made hundred million while boxing and is still making millions with promotions.

30. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Legend of Boxing and using his experience in the ring to bring in the cash out of it.

• List
  31. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    chandtara the prices seem normal for a boxing event. They have always been pricey. That said £80 for seats that mean you will see 2 dots isnt worth it. Khan really isnt a box office draw so i suppose he may aswell take a decent gate.

32. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Iv seen tickets going for a lot cheaper and that too for title fights Waj. Honestly, these guys are on a rip!

33. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    So he`s fighting a bum now....

• List
  34. Talha3

Talha3 Youngsta Beauty

Jun 28, 2012
    After getting beat by Petersen and knocked out by Garcia, it's the only smart choice he has if he wants to prolong his career.

• List
  35. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    TBF he was robbed vs Peterson.

36. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    Amir Khan to face Julio Diaz.....
    Garcia to Zab Judah
    We are missing your opinions Saul Goodman

37. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    I hope for khans sake he runs through Diaz because his career cant take another loss.
    That was a mess of his own making. He was warned.

Has mayweather dropped his uncle as trainer???? His Father seems to have taken over.

• List
  38. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    Khan is good but over rated tbh
    I was a huge fan till he started to get way too obnoxious

• List
  39. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    Got any working link for this match vs Julio diaz?

40. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012