Amir Khan Thread

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by BALOCH_786, May 16, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
  2. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    I think the match has already started. Not sure though! Which channel is going to broadcast this match?

3. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012
    I just saw the promo on ptv sports about 12 am

4. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    ?

Its starting at 8 PM CET(Europe time)

Still 4:45 hours left.

5. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    haroon khan in the ring already and not looking great even with virgil hunter in the corner.

6. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Horrid third round. Not impressed with Khan Jr.

7. Renaissance

Renaissance Formerly Goliath

Apr 29, 2012
    Audley just got served

8. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Not a impressive debut from Harry, has plenty to work on but he's young and time is on his side

9. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Khan is lucky he got through that. Still making the same old mistakes. Put on the canvas and nearly more than once. He took a beating in the end but the early rounds that he won just about got him the result. Diaz was relentless in the end and Khan is lucky he wasn't a bigger puncher!

10. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Agree 100%. Golden boy talking about title shots in december. Garcia rematch?? If so Garcia will know he's only one punch away. Unlike Diaz, garcia will keep him down if he catches khan.
    Peterson might be a good match.

11. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    That fight was almost as same as Maidana fight. I think he may get Gercia in December. Don't know can he make it or not. What you think Saul Goodman & chandtara ? It could be his last fight or his career restarter one.

12. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Khan just cant seem to tighten up his defence. The reason why hes entertaining is simply because he can get ko'ed at any time. I dont. Think hes got a glass jaw because every time hes been koed its been with huge bombs. He doesnt use his range that well either. With khan he gets into tear ups like hes mickey ward. Id like to see him finish garcia in the 8th but can he make it that far withouth doing something silly. Two fights a year seem fine so he should be alrightfor december.

13. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    To be honest i had Khan ahead in the Garcia fight before he lost his head and decided to get in a brawl with Danny. That led to his downfall. Iv said it from day 1, if he sticks to a gameplan and not get involved in a brawl he would be a much better fighter. Garcia is a big puncher and we already know Khan wouldnt be able to take on the heavy bombs he throws.

14. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    In all fairness to khan he gets caught with huge bombs . Thats what beats him. All he has to do is take a leaf out of mayweathers book. Counter Counter Counter! Use that damn range and stick n move.

15. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    he has such good range if he uses it, but he goes in with his chin in the air and gets caught... so unfortunately I see him struggling if he gets Garcia again in Dec though hope he proves me wrong - he did only have a few months with Hunter so hopefully with more time things will improve.

16. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Time to get behind khan, he may be an idiot but he's our idiot.

17. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    Saul Goodman - No way! Amir Khan must look for Garcia right now. Mayweather is in good shape now and will be confident enough to go for a bout but Amir Khan is just one loss away from Career end!

18. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    By the way, why he or his bro is not playing under Pakistan flag? At least one of them should play for Pakistan. It will boost our boxing culture.

19. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Haroon khan fought under that pakistan banner in the commonwealth games and got a bronze.
    They have recently made their Pakistani heritage pretty clear with the flag in the rings! They are born and bred in the UK not pakistan, apart from highlighting their heritage (which they have done) they are under no obligation to fight for pakistan.

20. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    I know this. What I wanted to say is Haroon should fight his professional bouts under Pakistan flag. As far what I can get from Wiki, he only has the nationality of Britain.

21. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    when your a pro boxer you dont really fight for a country so they cant really show too much of an any national inclination... to be honest most british boxers dont really go on about the country they are from, its more about them as boxers.

22. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Khan wants Matthysse fight; thinks he’s got the style to beat him

By Michael Collins | Published May 19, 2013 | 41 Comments
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG](Photo credit: Sumio Yamada) Amir Khan liked what he saw of Lucas Matthysse last night in his easy 3rd round TKO win over Lamont Peterson at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey. However, Khan saw things in Matthysse’s fighting style that he feels would enable him to beat the Argentinian and he says he’d like to fight him.
    Khan said “I’d love to fight Lucas Matthysse. My style would definitely suit Matthysse and I’d beat him. This wants me to stay at 140.”
    Khan is moving up to 147 in his next fight, so it’s easy for him to say all this stuff now about wanting to fight Matthysse when it doesn’t look like it’s doable.
    Golden Boy Promotions will be matching Khan up with either IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander next or Floyd Mayweather Jr. Regardless of which fighter Khan faces, his chances of winning are not that good.
    In fact, I’m giving him zero chance of beating Mayweather and only 10% chance of beating Devon Alexander. Most likely Khan’s experiment at 147 is going to end in failure with him getting knocked out when he’s put in against quality opposition like Mayweather and Alexander.
    Matthysse vs. Khan would be interesting fight on paper, but probably not a good fight in reality. Matthysse has too much power and Khan’s chin is just too weak to take the kinds of shots that Matthysse can land.
    Khan has problems facing opponents with powerful left hooks, and that’s one of Matthysse’s best weapons in his arsenal. We saw how Breidis Prescott, Danny Garcia and Julio Diaz were both able to hurt Khan with left hooks.
    Now imagine Khan facing a guy like Matthysse with an even better left hook than Prescott, Diaz and Garcia, and we’re looking at a fight that would be lucky if it made it past the 1st round, even with Khan running for his life. Matthysse also has a right hand that is nearly as powerful as his left hook. It just wouldn’t be a good fight for Khan.
    I predict that Khan will be knocked out in his next fight, and then Golden Boy will have to pull him back from facing top tier opposition again and put him back on a soft diet like the one he’s been on in his last two fights since being stopped by Danny Garcia last year in July. Khan says his chin will be better now that he’s moving up to 147, but I don’t buy that for a second. I see his chin being just as weak as before.

23. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
  24. Renaissance

Renaissance Formerly Goliath

Apr 29, 2012
    Come on khan first beat mayweather then wilder then vitali and wladimir

25. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    An ass whooping coming khans way if the fight goes through

26. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Alexander: I want Mayweather or Khan next

Depending on the extend of the damage in his injured left hand, IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander (25-1, 14 KO’s) is interested in getting back in the ring and fighting in September possibly against Floyd Mayweather Jr. if he wants that fight or Amir Khan whenever he’s ready to fight.

Alexander hurt his left hand in the 1st round against Lee Purdy (20-4-1, 13 KO’s) last night at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Alexander easily beat Purdy by a 7th round stoppage after Purdy’s trainer pulled him out of the fight to save him from sustaining needless punishment in a one-sided fight.

Alexander said after the fight “I hurt my hand in the 1st…of course I want that fight [with Floyd Mayweather Jr]. If that fight presents itself I’d welcome it. I heard Amir Khan call me out. If Khan wants that fight then I’ll take that fight too. What makes Floyd better than me? I got skills; I’m fast like him. Any slick fighter, he has problems with. [Beating Khan] could be the way to Mayweather if I have to go the Khan route. He should want to fight the best. Why shouldn’t he? I beat some of the best guys out there back to back.”

It looks like Golden Boy Promotions wants Alexander to fight Khan next unless they choose to put Alexander or Khan in with Mayweather. It wouldn’t be all that surprising, but I think they’re going to let those two guys fight each other and then the winner of that fight will be the one that Mayweather faces in early 2014.

Alexander really schooled Lee Purdy last night in a fight that was pretty one-sided due to Alexander’s speed and power advantage. Purdy walked straight in all night long and didn’t use any head movement, and mostly he just stood covering up to try and block all the punches Alexander was hitting him with. Purdy did a good job of blocking shots, but he didn’t do much in terms of throwing punches and that eventually led to the stoppage because he trainer chose to halt it when he failed to throw punches back.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/2013/alexander-i-want-mayweather-or-khan-next/

27. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    The next fight is set in Las Vegas, will be a title fight whatever it is Garcia or Alexander. Last chance to make a come back.

28. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Alexander aint known for his knockout punches but neither was Khans last opponent and we know what happened there! Khan was going on about struggling to drop his weight in the 140 division and that is the reason he keeps hitting the canvas. Apparently it takes it out of him.

29. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Intresting. Maybe the weight cut is ruining khan. At least it isnt mathysse (sp).

30. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    Garcia will be stripped off his title if he doesn't fight his mandatory fighter for title shot and it must be within September! So I don't think Khan is going to get him anyway.

31. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Garcia can pay for the opponent to step aside if he really wanted to fight khan BUT there is no real incentive for Garcia. Khan wouldn't enhance Garcias rep.

32. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    Saul Goodman chandtara - Do you know Amir Khan's Amateur record? I've heard that it is 100-2-0. Even though saw a post in boxing website stating that he lost several fights in 1998.
    Then again got this-

So question is which one is trustworthy? Anyone know his amateur boxing record?

33. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    Never mind. Amir khan 's amateur record is 101-9-0.
    The above twitter account is of Khan's.

34. sehwag_219

sehwag_219 Youngsta Beauty

May 31, 2013
    Why do lot of Pakistanis disliike him?

35. Pakistanalltheway

Jul 16, 2012
    cos tbh he's a bit full of himself
    I am fan of his boxing because he's an exciting fighter but his antics outside of the ring don't help his rep .

36. sehwag_219

May 31, 2013

in bolton or in general

37. Pakistanalltheway

Jul 16, 2012
    in general

38. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Because he should shut up and let his hands do the talking. Instead he lets his mouth write cheques his ass cant cash.

39. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    He is the leading boxer of Whole Britain and you know how is British media? They made Rooney seem like as Maradona.
    sehwag_219 he actually contributed somewhat, when Pakistan had disaster 2 or 3 yrs back... Now a days he is far more of a news to Pakistan and he also wants to be a news. So all is well.

40. sehwag_219

May 31, 2013