Amir Khan Thread

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by BALOCH_786, May 16, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    I'm sure the decision has already been made. Even Khan isn't dumb enough to do this without a confirmation.

2. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Speaking of Maidana, anyone think Khan would beat him in a rematch? I don't.

3. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    The way he was hanging on for life in the fight I think he was lucky to get out of it alive. The early dominance was vital as towards the end Maidana finished really strong. Maidana would probably take khan on current form

4. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    Maidana gave khan a run for his money in the first fight and he has improved his technique since then. I would have my money on Maidana.

I think he would have lost to Alexander as well, and he kept running his mouth about mayweather. He looks really desperate through all of this.

5. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    The dude go offered $5 million to fight Kel Brooks by Slick Eddie Hearns but turned it down. So that one year of inactivity cost khan at least $10 million .

6. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    lol this would serve Khan right, moan about FMJ wasting his time but forgets he wasted Devon Alexanders time aswell. Khan should know better than to overlook any fights, its a shame greed gets in the way and all he sees is money before his eyes.

7. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Mayweather v Maidana OFFICIAL. Poor khan.

8. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    Khan is in total mess. Don't know whether he could revive his career anymore. This could be the end line for him.

9. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Wouldnt say it is the end of the line for him but it is a massive reality check. If this doesnt bring him back down to earth and work even harder then i am not sure what will. He needs to let it be and accept that he isnt the big fish that he thought he was, needs to earn that right!

10. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    His career is fine now, despite the 2:2. All he has to do is just beat a legit fighter and mayweather will have difficulty avoiding him!
    Look at it like this. Khan only has a handful of boxers rated above him. Floyd is ducking Pacman. He's fought Guerrero, Kel Brook is not known well enough to entice Mayweather at 147, that just leaves Khan and broner and Alexander. Broner is pretty much his self appointed bumchum so thats off ....for now. Devon may not be a big ppv draw. IF khan can beat Broner, brooks or Alexander then he's next in line assuming floyd dont find someone more appealing at 154lbs. As long as he can win his next fight Khans career will be fine but from now on if he wants floyd he cant have any 'gimme' fights like molina, he needs a named scalp on his cv. Guerrero and Pacquiao should be avoided and that just leaves 3 ppl Alexander, brooks and Broner. No easy fights.

11. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  12. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Khan v Broner on the undercard of Floyd and Maidana?

13. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    I think Brook beats Khan if he can get his head right for the fight, from what ive heard Brook is not living the kind of lifestyle a top boxer should but then again neither did so many great boxers before him
    would love to see khan v broner and i would probably back khan to beat broner - broner needs to go back a division or two for the time being and maybe make the step up in weight as he matures and gets a little older so he naturally fills out the required weight

14. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    Brook would beat Khan imo . It wouldn't be one sided though .

15. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Khan really doesnt make it easy on himself!

16. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  17. Pakistanalltheway

Jul 16, 2012
    Lol Khan just embarrassing himself further .

18. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Ouch. Khan is such a hard guy to like.

19. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    And now this apparently from Broner
    [​IMG]

20. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Now khan tweeting he's going to ko broner???
    If @AdrienBroner wants it let's do it. Maidana knocked him down twice. Il knock him out

21. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
  22. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Watch how Broner mentally destroys khan before the fight.

23. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    I wouldn't be surprised if he does what Floyd did and announce to fight someone else after hyping Khan up

24. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    That would be funny but i dont think Broner has that luxury!

25. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    oh man if broner goes the same route as he did to malignaggi and trash talk khan on that subject i dont see khan handling it well at all - will be like the garcia fight when angel garcia got into khans head only 10 times worse
    would laugh if broner decided to focus on khans various mishaps with alleged affairs and skype incidents, khan would have lost the fight before they step into the ring

26. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    I thought verbally malignaggi destroyed broner imho. Broner was left looking sheepish but that aside Khan does not have the wit of Paulie but has much better skills! This time Hunter has to take the lead because khan most likely will make a muppet of himself.

27. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    yes but it was the topic of their discussions(sexually based and at times quite explicit) which I was referring too, can you imagine Khan handling that subject with a cool head if Broner decides to take route?

28. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    No i agree 100% Khan is a car crash waiting to happen. Broner is the kinda idiot who just to wind khan up would fly balaclava man from Birmingham to las vegas just to walk out with him.

Virgil Hunter HAS to tell khan dont be a muppet, dont go in there all guns blazing because he'll time you to kingdom come.

29. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Its just occured to me that Khan has been set up by mayweather. FMJ is probably using Broner to test the water to see how khan does against a defensive style albeit an inferior version of FMJ!

30. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    No Broner fight , no Sean Porter and no Alexander...............khan is having a very bad week.

31. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Would be a great undercard. Ogogo has also been confirmed to fight that night

32. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Meanwhile Khan continues to fire shots back

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

33. Pakistanalltheway

Jul 16, 2012
    I don't have an easy fight on May 3, 2014, so I can't over [email protected] but @AmirKingKhan, if you and @AdrienBroner end up fighting...
    ... each other on my show and you win (which you won’t)... I'll fight you.

Mayweather tweeted that earlier.

34. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    He's just dangling the carrot for his 'younger bro'

35. Pakistanalltheway

Jul 16, 2012
    Yeah Khan was wise enough to realise and responded back harshly to Mayweather.

36. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    You simply cant take maywetaher on his word. He's showed that with the poll. That said i dont fancy khans chances if he doesnt fight smart.
    FMJ know that fmj V maidana doesnt capture the publics attention. He needs khan for a strong undercard.

Khan responded well but, broner will not leave it there thats for sure. Lets see how khan holds up.

37. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    [​IMG]

Broner today posted this lol

38. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Khans response. He's trying to take on Broner, Maidana and brook in this twitter war lol

39. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011

Brooks response.

These tweets are becoming fun lol

40. Renaissance

Renaissance Formerly Goliath

Apr 29, 2012
    Triple threat match?