Amir Khan Thread

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by BALOCH_786, May 16, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Slick Eddie already offered khan $5m for a Brooks fight. Khan denies getting the offer so i dunno why he calling out brooks.

2. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    lol at Brooks response. him and his camp do not like Khan and havent for some time, Would be a nice little grudge match for sure

3. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    'i will announce' this idiot needs to appreciate he's not in a position to dictate terms or have fighters hanging on for his phone call. Dude is 2(W) 2(L) and talking like he's a unified champ.

4. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    This is great entertainment.

5. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Bit quiet today lol

[​IMG]

6. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Virgil Hunter now saying khan v Broner not happening.

7. oiqbal

oiqbal Youngsta Beauty

Sep 17, 2012
    Khan deserved to be ditched by Mayweather imo. He should have gone through with his fight against Devon Alexander, but now he hasnt fought for some time since Mayweather chose Maidana over him.

Brook has done NOTHING to deserve a fight against Khan tbh, why would he even bother? Khan vs Broner is a better fight than Brook vs Khan, Brook is a attention wh*re who has been crying about a fight for some time now! Yeah, Khan did get KO and lost his titles, but he fought world class fighter like Maidana, Malinaggi, Garcia etc. Will be interesting to see his next opponent

8. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Khan is irrelevant. Brooks dont need khan, dude is going to fight Sean Porter for a mandatory. Khan on the other hand is 2;2. Khan hasnt even had a single fight at 147.

9. SherazAK

SherazAK Youngsta Beauty

Jul 14, 2013
    Khan needs to rematch the steroid abuser Peterson and then go after Garcia. He needs to school Garcia and not get cocky and get caught again.

10. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Garcia will pound him to mush. Garcia has just been getting better and better.

11. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    [​IMG]

Broner still teasing Khan

12. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Schaefer teasing both of them by saying NO!

13. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    has khan picked an opponent after being shafted by mayweather LMAO

14. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Dont think anyone is lined up yet.

15. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Broner was being hyped but i doubt he would move to 147, i feel like team khan will go with another low calibre transitional opponent in the hope of facing mayweather they don't want to earn the fight and its understandable given that another loss will put his big pay day to rest

16. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Fighting cans will not help khan get a shot at the p4p king. He has to fight a top 5 guy.

17. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    They will do anything for a pay day. But i agree that he has to fight a top 5 guy, they will pick the least dangerous opponent possible though. Luis Collazo is a name which is being thrown around, as long as khan stays away from his left hook its an easy win for him. If the floyd fight is not going to happen anytime soon they will not take the risk of facing a top 5 guy right now

18. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Khan needs to get Mayweather out of his head and move on for now. Iv said it before, show the world why he deserves the big fight as his last few performances have been well below par.

19. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    FMJ will not fight khan until he takes out a top name. Thats why he picked maidana. Ps khan needs to show hes legit . The promoters cant protect khan at this stage in his career, you dont get big paydays by ducking legit competition.

20. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  21. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Its confirmed he is fighting Collazo its not a bad option now since floyd fight will not be fighting him anytime soon, he will need to put a string of impressive victories 2-3 fights where he looks really good and i think the 3rd fight will be a big name who he would hope to beat enroute to facing mayweather

22. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
  23. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Put it like this, there are no easy fights for khan. Collazo done Ortiz in (despite Ortiz being a mental midget) so he is a potential banana skin but it is a bit of an uninspiring choice.
    I dont know what to make of this choice TBH.

24. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    tbh if diaz had khan in trouble collazo will be more then capable of ending his career, i've read that floyd will fight khan next year so if that is true why should khan take a risk with an even bigger name when he has been out for so long. I don't think collazo would get khan the floyd fight even if he wins in style, khan will need to rebuild his reputation and this is the perfect chance to prove he deserves the floyd fight but one more loss and his career is over. I think they will try and get the floyd fight even after beating collazo but when they don't suceed they will realise that it will have to be earned, plus an in-form khan would draw more then the current one although he is still an exciting fighter floyd wants the khan fight to be huge.

25. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    FMJ fight isnt guaranteed. He avoided a genuine challenge in Devon Alexander for a FMJ fight, look where that got him. If Khan is good enough he should take on all comers. Lets say he fights cans and FMJ still turns him down, thats 2-3 years khan has wasted chasing FMJ. In an athletes career thats a long time.
    Khan is pissing away his legacy chasing money.

26. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    that's what am saying in his next 3 fights he can rebuild his reputation by looking good against quality opponents and the floyd fight will come to him but if am honest deep down i think khan and his team know that he is past his best so they are looking for a big pay day, khans always wanted to retire around 26 or 27 i think and the floyd fight would have been his pension.

27. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    The difference between what i am saying and what you're saying is that you are thinking of the FMJ fight as the target. FMJ is irrelevant per se. Better fighters than khan have been overlooked by FMJ.
    Khan could end his career tomorrow and he'll have enough to live in luxury for the rest of his life so lets debunk that myth first.
    Khans problem is that he's a 'paycheck' fighter, in that he first thinks about the money rather than his legacy.
    Secondly lets not put FMJ on a pedestal. His only selling point is his '0'. Yes he's a talented boxer and has great in ring generalship but lord knows hes boring to watch. He talks about being an all time great but the dude aint even got the respect of his own peers. If khan worried more about his boxing he'd be such a better fighter.

28. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
  29. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    that's the thing floyd is the best P4P fighter in the world and although he is boring in the ring no one can match his counter punching defensive genius he is among the best ever in the sport. Beating him and taking away his 0 would surely seal a fighters legacy when you look at all the names which have tried and failed it would be a big acheivement, its not always just about the pay day when it comes to the floyd fight but i do agree that khan should worry about his boxing more better fighters then him have not chased floyd as much as khan so yeah i see your point. I don't agree that the paycheck would be khans only motivation to climb between the ropes you need passion for the sport to get you through when you are taking huge bombs in the face and surely he must care for his legacy. If anything i blame his team you just have to look at the floyd debacle and so many changes in trainer etc

Amirs mentallity is that of a kid and is easily influenced by the advice his team will give him he aint the sharpest tool

This is what alex ariza had to say a while back

"Ariza’s gripe is that he believes the fighter is too closely controlled by his family. “Amir does not have any control over his money, he has no access to cash,” he said. “They [Shah Khan and manager Asif Vali] don’t look long term. They look at the short term, but they are not the ones stepping into the ring and being hit or beat up.

“You don’t rely on a taxi driver to look after an elite sportsman. Unfortunately, these things happen. I have the support of Freddie Roach, who says my work with Amir will speak for itself.

“I feel for Amir, because this is a problem for him, not me. Amir is not a child. He’s 24 years old. Yet his parents have him build a house 50ft from the family home."

30. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    I'd have been afraid to the way manny was knocking people out. But have you noticed that when Alex ariza left both Khan and Manny they began to struggle big time, did he have a special juice?

31. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    FMJ's career has been carefully stage managed and he has done a great job of picking names fighters who are often past their sell by date. Is he a great fighter? Yes ive said that countless times but is he legendary? I dont know im on the fence. I will ALWAYS rate the Haglers, Sugar Ray leanords, Alis, smokin Joes and Pacquiaos over the FMJ's and Calzaghe's with their immaculate records. With that said i'd rate Pacquiao over FMJ.

Khan talked about retiring when he didnt even have record. Yes getting punched in the head repeatedly isnt easy and i dont doubt his courage to a degree but to demand a FMJ fight at 147 without even fighting at 147 is ridiculous. I think that khans primary motivation is $$$$.

As for Alex Arisa,he is a duplicitous person. He kicked an old man with Parkinsons in the chest. He is a known idiot.
    I agree whole heartedly that Khan is surrounded by a bunch of idiots. Eddy Hearns Said the same stuff about his management team. Who the hell is Asif Vali and more interestingly why did tyson Fury take him on:S

32. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Lets say Ariza gave Pacquiao steroids, how much knowledge could Ariza possibly have that other people dont? After all he is an average strength and conditioning coach, not exactly Bruce Banner lol. There would be hundreds of people that are clued up as Ariza.

33. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    wasn't that Khans ex manager ?

34. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Yes he was, but my point is in a wider sense whe is the dude? What are his credentials? What makes him competent to manage boxers? He seems to be cluless?
    If you look at Frank Warren, you see a boxing shrew old school promoter. If You look at Eddie hearns you see a slick git that can sell ice to Eskimos. Where did Vali come from?

35. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Indeed, i feel that way to but he does have some pretty impressive wins to his name. At Pacquiao's peak i could see him beating floyd but i could also see floyd beating manny but the way he has faded away now i rate floyd higher even after a long lay off he never shows any ring rust and seems to get better and better with each fight. Plus we'll never know if manny was on the juice, alex ariza is no miracle worker but he was doing something other trainers could not. Under him manny and khan were relentless, for a guy that is called chinny he absorbed the best maidana had to offer. Even Calzaghe's record is not that immaculate, he did not fight bernard or roy at their peak and it was only after the kessler fight that he gained prominence, Calzaghe never came out his hole in wales.

Every fighter is motivated by the $$$$ but i can't see it being the primary one, its like doing a job you don't like but sill getting paid so much you are bound to get sick and tired of it. Khan is rich anyway he could retire now and be well set in life he has been brainwashed by his team into thinking the floyd fight will be the defining moment in his career, am sure his legacy ist important to him otherwise why take more sanity shortening blows to the head sadly he is still a kid who fails to realise he'd do better without the people around him

36. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    agree with the majority of what Mycroft and BigBuns have been saying except the bit about FMJ being boring to watch, I find him to be the most interesting fighter to watch lol his boxing skill and acumen is second to none, it is like watching a master working on his craft when you see FMJ box, his counter attacking ability is better than anyone else I have seen. Someone like Manny who was very aggressive would have been way too open for a counter fighter like Floyd, Marquez is a great boxer and counter attacker but not at the level FMJ is and he has given Manny all sorts of problems in every fight

37. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Saying pacquiao juiced is just speculation. If anything you could argue thathis opponents were more likely to be juicing. Look at marquez for example, he suddenly comes in seven shades of ripped and develops one punch Ko.
    The difference between pcman and fmj is that the latter is less picky on who he fight. Fmj has especially lately picked styles that compliment his own . Pacquiao just doesnt care. So with that in mind id still respect pacquiaos legacy more.
    If arisa was all that then surely he would have had brandon Rios on his special sauce or any of the host of fighters he has and is training. As for amir Khan hes never been chinny. Thats just a fallacy. Every time he tasted canvas was due to his own mistakes. For example Breidis Prescott caught him flush. Mainly however all the steroids in the world cant alter punch endurance.
    The point im making about calzaghe is that remaining undefeated isn't an automatic green light into greatness.

As for being a paycheck fighter, Khan already decided when he wants to retire, without even have thrown a punch. He chose FMJ because of the paycheck not legacy.

38. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Its always going to be speculation when nothing is crystal clear but under ariza he was a beast while i also question how a light flyweight moved all the way up to welterweight i don't know if that transition was natural while he got stronger and stronger along the way. Yep Marquez in that fight was also questionable its all speculation again as you say mind you they specifically trained for the KO having watched the build on HBO but again he could have been juicing. Yes a fighters legacy is defined by who he fights the defeats he tries to avenge and those he refuses to duck, so in that sense pac mans career has been better then floyds. It's true he has been hit flush every time he has been caught but he has also been put down by feather fisted guys like willie limond even in the amateurs the guys been decked with the head gear on LOL. Yes many assume that don't they, calzaghe is one of the greatest ever british fighters no doubt but not an ATG in his division i guess his win over hopkins means more now given what hokins has gone on to acheive after being beaten by calzaghe though.

Fighting FMJ is all about the paycheck for all the fighters who thrive to face him and also the prospect of taking that 0 away from him

39. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Yeah but now you are just guessing. You cant use that as a basis to form opinion. Its like me saying that a lot of the guys that Marciano fought were ordered to take a dive by the mob. Its just hearsay.
    Im not saying mayweather cant beat pacman, im saying Mayweather is scared stiff at the prospect of losing. He even went as far as to say he is scared for his own health and well being....the vid is on youtube.
    Ariza had inside knowledge of Pacquiaos regime yet when he jumped ship and assisted Rios's camp we didnt see any real benefit so we have to ask ourselves, how much credit should Ariza get?
    As for khan yup he's been shaky sometimes but overall i would say his chin is fine. Like i said before, like Roger Mayweather says roids dont increase punch resistance.
    The only thing that concerns me is that Khan blows hot and cold. He got stung by Molina (?) several times but handled harder punches from better fighters like Maidana.
    Not all fighters think of the money first and foremost. Pacquiao challenged Mayweather to a fight and offered to put all the money to charity. FMJ didnt respond lol. Hopkins offered to fight FMJ and to him its more about the legacy than the greenback.

40. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    It's just like the way you suspected marquez of being on the juice i mean its not wrong to assume these things especially in pacmans case when a flyweight makes an easy transition to welterweight with devastating results there is always a possibility that the juice aided his rise but it also could have happened naturally, whether he was on the juice or not i honestly feel floyd could have beaten pac-man and if i honestly suspected someone of being on the juice i'd be concerned for my health to. Each individual is different for example a personal trainer can use the same methods on all his clients but some will react better to those methods then others but Ariza did have something going with Khan and Manny i just don't know what it was, being from britain especially khan is nortoriously chinny ever since his amateur days and for him to take those bombs from maidana it was unreal i understand that they improved his conditioning and added more muscle to his legs, punch resistance never improved but conditioning did helping him absorb that punishment but as soon as ariza left he went back to being his old self now obviously it could all have been down to the conditioning itself nothing more. Khan is chinny there is no doubt about it but he aint as chinny as people make out, the bombs he has taken in his career probably would have taken the best of fighters out but also do remember he has been put down by guys next to no power to. They all have families to feed i doubt they would fight for free getting the bigger fights and moving up in the rankings will mean more money