An Akhtar-less KRL are still too strong for the Karachi Zebras

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Feb 16, 2010.

An Akhtar-less KRL are still too strong for the Karachi Zebras

by Abdul Habib
Feb 16, 2010 at 2:59 PM
  1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    khan-research-laboratories.png

The Karachi Zebras batted first in a rain reduced game and scored 170 runs in their 28 overs. Mohammad Irfan opened the bowling without Shoaib Akhtar who didn't want to risk aggravating his injury but Akhtar should be back for the next game against a strong Habib Bank side.

Irfan bowled 5 overs and took 1 wicket for 25 runs, he had a couple of catches dropped but having catches dropped is probably good preparation for bowling in the national side!

KRL's top order fired with Azhar Ali and Saeed Anwar combining to chase down the Zebras total. This is KRL's third win and it keeps them at the top of the Group B table with 14 points.

Habib conducts player interviews and writes articles for Cricistan.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

1. HuskerFan

HuskerFan Talented

Jan 30, 2010
      Yes it does. National Bank is with them at 14 points also but with a much higher Run-Rate.

Code:
        				P  W  T	 L NR  A  Pts	 NetRR
      1 National Bank of Pakistan	4  3  0	 0  0  1  14	 2.619
      2 Khan Research Laboratories	4  3  0	 0  0  1  14	 1.379
      3 Habib Bank Limited		4  2  0	 1  0  1  10	 0.398
      4 Lahore Eagles			4  1  0	 2  0  1   6	-0.838
      5 Karachi Zebras		4  1  0	 3  0  0   4	-0.650
      6 Sui Southern Gas Corporation	4  0  0	 4  0  0   0	-1.702
      Now to qualify for the semi-final, KRL has to beat Habib Bank comprehensively and improve its NRR higher than NBP. Only problem is that NBP's last match is against Karachi Zebras which is much weaker team than KRL's opponent - Habib Bank. It is extremely hard for KRL to qualify unless NBP losses to Karachi.

2. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
      Irfan said that Akhtar rested himself in the last game because he wanted KRL to go all out against Habib Bank to try and grab that semi-final spot. Let's hope Akhtar finds enough of that old Rawalpindi Express magic to rock HBL.

But as you've noted the Zebras are unlikely to put up much of a fight against National Bank so it could all end up being for nothing.

3. 12thman

12thman Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2010
      Mercenary any chance of getting an interview with Akhtar?

4. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
      I wouldn't write it off but going on past experiences it seems unlikely to happen any time soon.

5. 12thman

12thman Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2010
      'past experience'? with your self?

6. Sohaib

Sohaib Youngsta Beauty

Jan 21, 2010

I wouldn't say good but great mental preparation looking at current 'catching form'.

7. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
      Without going into too much detail, Akhtar agreed an interview with me about a year ago and didn't go through with it. He was in the UK at the time and to his credit he would always answer my call (some players will just ignore the phone) and say something like 'Aim bahzee maoite, cane zyu caoll mai laitah'

So the interview never happened but he isn't the only one who has refused an interview. In fact he was probably the politest about it. I guess it's true what they say about him being a nice guy.

8. Princ3_CharmiN

Princ3_CharmiN Guest

Really want to see Fast and Furious back in the team.

9. HuskerFan

HuskerFan Talented

Jan 30, 2010
    10. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
      I spoke to Irfan a little while ago and KRL are out, NBP won their game. I'll do a blog update soon.

11. HuskerFan

HuskerFan Talented

Jan 30, 2010
      Too bad. Would have been perfect opportunity for Irfan to come to national limelight specially when & if semis and the finals were going to be shown live on TV.

Only if the match between NBP and KRL was not rained out! :(