An early video of Irfan bowling in the nets

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Jan 18, 2010.

An early video of Irfan bowling in the nets

by Abdul Habib
Jan 18, 2010 at 8:36 PM
  1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    mohammad-irfan-video-nets.png

I've just got off the phone to Mohammad Irfan and I'm happy to announce that he's finally been given accomodation at the NCA. The people to thank for this are Aqib Javed, Mohammad Ilyas and Aamir Sohail who pushed Irfan's case really hard.

Irfan also said that for the last week Aamir Sohail has been coming down to the nets between 3pm to 5pm every day. He comes down to watch and advise both Irfan and Mohammad Talha who are both doing their bowling exercises at that time. Irfan said that Aamir is very astute and knows what he's talking about, Aamir was very impressed (like Aqib) with how quickly Irfan picks things up and implements them into his bowling.

Irfan has been bowling to Hafeez a few times in the nets. One day he smacked Hafeez on the elbow causing him to have to go off and apply some ice to his arm. Today Irfan was bowling with a new ball to Hafeez and smacked him in the head and then the grill, so Mauthashim Rashid (bowling coach) came over and gave Irfan an older bowl saying the new ball was rearing up too much!! Irfan innocently said it's just my natural length

A couple of weeks back I arranged a meeting between Kashif (a friend of mine) and Mohammad Irfan. The idea was for Kashif to get some videos of Irfan bowling and he did! I'd like to extend a huge thanks to both Kashif and Irfan for taking time out to do this for all the fans who wanted to see Irfan bowling.

The whole meeting was a hastily arranged last minute thing, so Irfan didnt get any time to warm-up. Because of that he wasn't bowling with his proper match run-up and intensity because we didn't want him to risk a silly injury or twist a muscle. Click the link below to see the video...

A video of Mohammad Irfan bowling in the nets without warming up

Last edited: May 31, 2015
Habib conducts player interviews and writes articles for Cricistan.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments