Another "Imran Khan" in making?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by HuskerFan, Feb 15, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. HuskerFan

HuskerFan Talented

Jan 30, 2010
    You heard it hear. From his first class averages & record .... the predictions are that this guy will be the next big thing from West Indies.

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/52334.html

From an article;
    Imran Khan.
    Just turned 25 and still developing, he’s Windies’ best spinner.
    Prediction: he will become the allrounder that cricket historians are referring to when they say ”Imran Khan”.
    F-c averages: 27.67 with one century and four 50s, and 67 wickets at 17.27 each!

2. 12thman

12thman Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2010
    matey Imran Khan was more than a player he was a leader and had an eye for pickin up talents. I dont see anybody filling his boots in the near future

3. HuskerFan

HuskerFan Talented

Jan 30, 2010
    matey I did not say that. I just quoted an article.

4. 12thman

12thman Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2010
    yeah but even still no one can compare Imran Khan to anybody in who is just starting their career

5. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    That's some impressive figures already but I cant see him becoming too big a name. Especially given the fact that he's only played 17 games by the age of 25.

6. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Well best of luck to him.

But West Indies is probably the only cricket nation which is in deeper mess than Pakistan. We know they have the talent but somehow they never come through because of incompetent cricket board.

7. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    West Indies have the potential to be up there with the best, they have the batting line up for sure. It's the bowling in recent times which has let them down, they haven't really recovered from the loss of Ambrose and Walsh.

8. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    I agree, but we do see talented fast bowlers time and again in West Indies side but they never seem to last more than couple of years. Fidel Edawards, Tino Best, Collymore and countless others.

9. 12thman

12thman Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2010
    I have always liked the West Indies team I believe they have some talented players but like the situation in Pakistan the West Indies set up is flawed. Once both nations have a professional set up then you will see some tough competition from these sides in the near future

10. iDone

iDone Youngsta Beauty

Jan 25, 2010
    I thinks the hype is all about his name same as Imrans, Though its not impossible to stand up2 Imran Khan but its seems bit stupid to compare him with Khan at early stages of his career..

11. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    Sadly this guy didn't seem to make it.

12. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    He does seem a very decent allrounder

13. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Ohh I remember this chap, he played on the Windies A tours in 2010...that was the same series I first noticed Andre Russell and thought he could be a lethal allrounder