Anti-Corruption Tribunal charged Shahzaib Hasan

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Apr 21, 2017.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 7)

1. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    Lahore : The Anti-Corruption Tribunal held its preliminary hearing today at the National Cricket Academy, Lahore and the following were in attendance:
    1. Jus. ® Asghar Haider (Chairman)
    2. Lt. Gen. ® Tauqir Zia (Member)
    3. Mr. Wasim Bari (Member)
    4. Mr. Shahzaib Hasan, along with Mr. Barrister Malik Kashif Rajwana, Advocate
    5. Mr. Taffazul Rizvi and Haider Ali Khan, Advocates for PCB
    6. Col. ® Mohammad Azam Khan, Head of PCB’s Vigilance and Security Department

Shahzaib Hasan cricketer has been charged with breaches of Articles 2.1.4; 2.4.4; and 2.4.5 of the PCB Anti-Corruption Code for Participants 2015.

The Tribunal in consultation with both parties agreed upon the procedure and timelines to be adopted under the Anti-Corruption Code. PCB shall submit its opening brief detailing its claims along with the evidence to be relied on 4th May 2017.

Shahzaib Hasan shall be provided an opportunity to respond by 18th May 2017 and PCB may, at its discretion, file a rebuttal by 25th May 2017. The Final Hearing shall commence from 1st June 2017 on a day to day basis.

Since under the PCB’s Anti-Corruption Code the proceedings are required to be kept confidential, no further comments will be made by any party on the merits of the case.

Link: http://lahoreworld.com/2017/04/21/anti-corruption-tribunal-charged-shahzaib-hasan/

2. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    Let see what PCB will come up with now.

3. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Irfan to testify against Shahzaib on PCB’s behalf

LAHORE: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is set to present Pakistan left-arm fast bowler Mohammad Irfan as a witness against Shahzaib Hasan as a part of ongoing Pakistan Super League (PSL) spot fixing legal proceedings in which the batsman faces three corruption charges. He was provisionally suspended with immediate effect on March 17 from all forms of cricket for allegedly failing to report a suspect approach in time. Hasan also stands accused of inducing other players into corruption indirectly.

In the last hearing, the PCB came up with their first witness, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Hasan Raza, and offered Shahzaib Hasan’s lawyer Barrister Malik Kashif Rajwana as well as the tribunal the opportunity to cross-question Raza. “Our next witness will be cricketer Mohammad Irfan subject to his availability,” a PCB spokesman said. “It will be sorted by next week as he is currently busy playing domestic cricket in Karachi. Then Shahzaib’s lawyer will begin his arguments and present his own witnesses,” the PCB spokesman added. Hasan, who was on Karachi Kings’ roster, found himself implicated in a spot-fixing scandal which saw several players banned. Unlike Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif, he wasn’t charged until after the PSL season concluded. The date of the next hearing is contingent on Irfan’s availability. It could take place as early as December 8, but in the event that he is unable to be present, it could be pushed back to December 11.

https://dailytimes.com.pk/153514/irfan-testify-shahzaib-pcbs-behalf/

4. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    LAHORE: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is set to present Pakistan left-arm fast bowler Mohammad Irfan as a witness against Shahzaib Hasan as a part of ongoing Pakistan Super League (PSL) spot fixing legal proceedings in which the batsman faces three corruption charges. He was provisionally suspended with immediate effect on March 17 from all forms of cricket for allegedly failing to report a suspect approach in time. Hasan also stands accused of inducing other players into corruption indirectly.

In the last hearing, the PCB came up with their first witness, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Hasan Raza, and offered Shahzaib Hasan’s lawyer Barrister Malik Kashif Rajwana as well as the tribunal the opportunity to cross-question Raza. “Our next witness will be cricketer Mohammad Irfan subject to his availability,” a PCB spokesman said. “It will be sorted by next week as he is currently busy playing domestic cricket in Karachi. Then Shahzaib’s lawyer will begin his arguments and present his own witnesses,” the PCB spokesman added. Hasan, who was on Karachi Kings’ roster, found himself implicated in a spot-fixing scandal which saw several players banned. Unlike Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif, he wasn’t charged until after the PSL season concluded. The date of the next hearing is contingent on Irfan’s availability. It could take place as early as December 8, but in the event that he is unable to be present, it could be pushed back to December 11.

Source: https://dailytimes.com.pk/153514/irfan-testify-shahzaib-pcbs-behalf/

5. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    And Im still waiting for PCB's witness against Sharjeel.

6. Mohsin

Mohsin Cricistani

Feb 21, 2010
    I met Shahzaib once when i worked at a big clothes store back in uni days...seemed a miserable guy. His wife was nice though.

7. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    Just curious, can you elaborate please when you say, 'seemed a miserable guy'.

8. Mohsin

Mohsin Cricistani

Feb 21, 2010
    I was serving him...i asked him, are you Shahzaib Hasan...he looked up and meekly mumbled yeah then looked down and carried on with his thing.

His wife then started talking, 'oh how did you recognize him, where did you see him' etc etc

9. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Member

Nov 8, 2017
    I think he means

مغرور
    ناک پہ مکھی نہ بیٹھنے والا.
    بددماغ

وغیرہ وغیرہ.

Sent from my QMobile i6i using Tapatalk

10. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    I would say very typical reply from the doofus.

Its very difficult for people like him to handle a little success (it straight goes in the think skulls ).

11. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    Totally, which I can understand, because its difficult for many like him to handle little success.

12. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Yep.
    Just take a look at Akmal brothers and Asif.

13. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    No kidding, but a different in between said players vs. Shahzaib is that, they're much bigger players compare to latter and had played many years for Pakistan.

14. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Yeah but not so much when it comes to Umer.
    He was barely in the team for a year when he first showed signs of his now (in)famous arrogance.
    Remember what he did after the Sydney test.?

15. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    I'm not denying it but, all I'm saying is that when you're nobody then attitude doesn't suites you. Umar still have much higher sealing than Shahzaib.

16. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Member

Nov 8, 2017
    So, you are basically saying that when one becomes "somebody" they have a right to have a bad attitude??

Sadly, this attitude problem goes much deeper. It's woven into the VERY fabric of our society now.

17. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    PSL spot-fixing probe: Shahzaib Hasan case hearing adjourned

LAHORE: Left-arm fast bowler Mohammad Irfan was set to appear as a witness against Shahzaib Hasan before the Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) anti-corruption tribunal today, as part of ongoing Pakistan Super League (PSL) spot-fixing legal proceedings.

However, the case hearing was adjourned due to the absence of Shahzaib Hasan's counsel.

Shahzaib Hasan was the fifth player to be suspended for spot fixing in the second edition of PSL held earlier this year. The 27-year-old opener, who has represented Pakistan in three one-day internationals and 10 T20 matches, was charged with three violations of the PCB’s anti-corruption code.

Mohammad Irfan was suspended by the PCB for twelve months after he delayed reporting the corrupt approaches made to him during the PSL; six months of the sentence remain suspended, as he returned to the domestic cricket landscape after serving a six-month ban.

The 35-year-old pacer has represented Pakistan in 60 ODIs, 20 T20Is, and four Test matches.

The PCB on Wednesday rejected claims by suspended cricketer Sharjeel Khan, saying it had proven all charges against the opening batsman before a tribunal and an appeal adjudicator.

Sharjeel, who had been suspended over spot-fixing allegations during PSL, had appealed to Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi earlier this week to ensure justice was served, as he asked for a fair trial and vowed to fight all allegations against him.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/171093-ps...irfan-to-testify-against-shahzaib-hasan-today

18. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    I have never said that if one becomes "somebody" they have a right to have a bad attitude? Its your interpretation.

All I said is, its not abnormal if one reflects attitude once he/she attains a certain status in his line of field due to his/her accomplishments. Look at IK, Wasim, Waqar, Shoaib and many other none Pakistani players, they are and were full of attitude (of course it decreases once you're retired or no more at the zenith). The same is true is every aspect of life. In fact its very natural, to have attitude and swagger in the personality if you're a successful person.

However, showing attitude and swagger without any significant achievement seems bizarre, which is the case with Shahzaib.

In all the above posts, I'm just trying to make this simple point.

19. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Okay. It does seem that i might have misinterpreted what you said.

I guess what i wanted to say was that its not just Shahzeb and his non achievements but we see this attitude in every aspect of life (in Pakistan) and most importantly, in people who have done NOTHING to be "worthy" of such attitude.