Anyone From Hafeez, Imad, Babar Likely To Lead ODI Team: Report

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Jul 17, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 1)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    The decision to hand over reins of National One Day team's stewardship is likely to be taken in the Pakistan Cricket Board's (PCB) Cricket Committee meeting, taking place in Lahore on July 29.

ISLAMABAD, (UrduPoint / Pakistan Point News - APP - 16th Jul, 2019 ):The decision to hand over reins of National One Day team's stewardship is likely to be taken in the Pakistan Cricket Board's (PCB) Cricket Committee meeting, taking place in Lahore on July 29.

"Anyone from Muhammad Hafeez, Imad Wasim and Babar Azam can be assigned the responsibility of national team's captaincy," a source told APP.

To a question, about the fate of Sarfraz Ahmed, he said he might be retained to lead the Test side only. PCB is also thinking to appoint a local head coach for the national team, however the name has not been finalized yet as applications would be invited for the post, he said.

He said the Cricket Committee which is headed by PCB Managing Director Wasim Khan will review Pakistan's performance in the 2019 Cricket World Cup.

Pakistan failed to qualify for the 2019 Cricket World Cup semifinals as the green-shirts needed to trump New Zealand in the net run rate which could not be materlised.

Pakistan won five matches in the World Cup against England, South Africa, New Zealand, Afghanistan and Bangladesh and lost three games to West Indies, Australia and India, respectively. However Pakistan and Sri Lanka's match was washed out by rain and both teams were awarded one point each.

https://www.urdupoint.com/en/sports/anyone-from-hafeez-imad-babar-likely-to-lea-670608.html

2. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
  3. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Make Imad captain and Babar should be his deputy and Hafeez should be shown exit door.

4. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Babar is not ready for captaincy. Needs to start leading a domestic side first.

5. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    And then we will be the number 1 team.

6. Shaz130

Shaz130 Emerging Player

Dec 29, 2016
    Not a fan of choosing Babar Azam. He does not look captaincy material. Should stick to being a high scoring batsmen.

Hafeez? Nope no thank you. If PCB makes Hafeez a captain than they will prove that they are not thinking of ahead. They are only thinking of the present. If Hafeez is captain I will lose hope in the future of Pakistan cricket.

I am down to have Imad Wasim as captain. Even though as a player he struggles to make the team. The guy may improve his game more once he gets more responsibility. And plus age wise I can tell he could play till the next World Cup.

7. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    No need to distract Babar from his batting. Imad still needs to consistently show that he deserves a spot in the team through performances. Hafeez needs to leave for good. No good options right now. I wonder if Shadab is captaincy material.

8. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Keep Sarfraz as captain. He's decent. No one else comes close. The fact there are no options for captaincy means they should continue with him.

If you want a new captain then develop one in domestics first.

Making Hafeez or Imad captain is not really improving current situation.

9. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Babar is playing for Somerset tomorrow. 6:30 start. All county bowlers get ready for a elegant phainta.

10. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Emerging Player

Apr 16, 2010
    This EXACTLY is the problem with our mindset.

“Keep Sarfaraz as captain as he decent”.

NO!
    Our brains should think like this:

“Let Sarfaraz greatly improve his batting performance to deliver the goods, and EARN his freaking spot in the team first.

And once he does that, we might use his previous captaincy experience to consider him for the helm.”

As I said in another thread - This is not a Wasim Bari’s era.
    These days, wicket keepers of good teams MUST be one of the recognized batsman in the line up.
    Good keeping skills alone do NOT earn you a spot in the team.”

Seriously, think about it.
    What is his job as a captain currently?
    Just ask who to bowl and who to bat? And that’s pretty much it.

Even the water boy can do that.

As a captain, he needs to lead with his personal performance with the bat.
    A concept, he and his supporters are unaware of.

This is the dilemma of almost all new players in the team - they feel that reaching the Pak national team is the end of the world.
    There is nothing more to learn and nothing more to improve to meet with the continuous and increasingly high international cricket standard.

11. BuccalSingh

BuccalSingh Youngsta Beauty

Mar 21, 2016
    Ideally Sarf shouldn't be captain of Pak team, i do agree with Shoko on the point that his performance is extremely poor and unfortunately with time his keeping is going to go down too.I don't think any major team has such a poor wk batter.
    Having said that i don't know who can skip our OD team, maybe imad waseem can do the job, but he will have to be consistent with the bat keeping in mind that he's hardly a useful bowler.

12. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Leave Sarfraz as captain and groom Babar as his deputy. No other choice at the moment.

13. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Ok lets get rid of Sarfraz, now find a better captain, keeper and batsman in his place...

14. BuccalSingh

Mar 21, 2016
    Finding the captain is the issue, but finding a better wk batter than Sarf isn't an issue.Sarf has been doing nothing with the bat and his keeping is poor, with age and further weight gain, it will go further down.

15. Shaz130

Shaz130 Emerging Player

Dec 29, 2016
    If you want a good Wicket-Keeper batsmen than look no further than Kamran Akmal. He is a stylish right handed batsmen who could open to give us fast starts.

16. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    See the problem again?
    Why the F should I find one?
    WTF is the selection Committee for?
    You had Inzi Tauseef and Wasti - what do they get paid for?

And they have the same exact mindset problem - “Let’s keep Sarfaraz as keeper captain because he is decent”

When these HIGHLY PAID people cannot find OR identify and groom a good keeper batsman then they all should go home.

Even a blind man can see that Sarfaraz does not automatically become part of the team based on his performance- how can he inspire anyone in the team if u, not only include him in the team but also make him the captain? Logic, no?

17. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Further weight gain lol. Are we certain thats going to happen?

18. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Ok. So you are saying lets remove him and find a better player to replace him.
    Sounds good. I guess you can apply that theory to every single player in the team. Only problem is there is no one setting the world alight in the country so not sure where they are going to get this fitter, better captain and keeper from... you make it sound as though we are spoilt for choice

19. BuccalSingh

Mar 21, 2016
    Keeping in mind his love for unhealthy food and lack of interest in fitness, it is most likely to happen.Even if he doesn't gain weight he's still overweight and has been rightly criticized on it.

20. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010

If that’s what it is, then I will fire the entire selection in a heart beat - They are welcome to work on volunteer basis. I wouldn’t pay them millions every month.

21. Bublu Bhuyan

Bublu Bhuyan Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2010
    The one who included the 38 years old Hafeez in the captaincy race deserves a medal.

22. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    he is quite fit. can play couple of years. let babar perform as batsman and get a good two years of VC experience to take over as captain.