Are 4 years a long time to have to wait for a Cricket World Cup?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Jul 9, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I had a conversation with some office colleagues (which includes fans from SF, ENG, IND, SL & PAK) and according to them FOUR years is a long, long time, because nobody cares much about bilateral series. Only during WC fans come to live and start following cricket more. Therefore, it will be a sane move to have it in every three years.

That said, do you agree with this idea?

2. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    WC should be every 4 years but they should reinstate the CT that can happen every 4 years in between and in this way we will have an ICC championship every 2 years

3. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    I think it's about right. I mean it's a WORLD CUP. I was thinking about this on my own that perhaps it comes around too close.

4. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    Should be after every 10 years. That will allow every nation to develop there cricket to the point they can compete with the big three.

5. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    It it gets scheduled every year or even every two years - fans will lose enthusiasm to a great extent.

Emotions need to be slowly cooled and build up in 4 years excruciating wait, to a point where the enthusiasm really gets intense.

And that’s why hurts a lot more when you get kicked out, and brings a lot of joy when you win.

It’s been what 27 years but 92 still remains fresh and a cherished memory.

6. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    As long as there are World T20s and other somewhat significant tournaments its fine

An ICC World Cup is of course the greatest trophy in cricket. It shouldn't be held every 1/2/3 year.

7. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    The T20 World Cup is being played in consecutive years. 2020 and 2021, I don't know what the ICC plan to do with it after its played in India 2021.

My preference for the T20 World Cup would be the old way of having it every 2 years. The World Cup in all major sports is every 4 years I believe so it keeps a sporting buzz. They need to bring back the Champions league T20 tournament and keep that every year atleast. Having every single country's best franchise teams all up against each other is fantastic and it only helps improve cricketers for the national side but then the question of some players having played for the same franchise teams occurs.

Got to admire the BCCI for this, They make sure all active Indian T20I players only play in the IPL. The other boards should also implement this for the players they want to constantly be in the national T20 side.

Let's also see how ECB's the 100 format pans out next summer.

8. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    4 years is good. That’s what makes it special and players only play 3-4 WC on average - if you’re good.

It’s the biggest event for a reason, can’t have an overkill.

9. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    It be 8 years for pak considering the next one is in India? Will we even be allowed to go?

10. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Bhai election 5 saal mein eik baar hote hein isi tarha world cup bhi atleast 4 years baad hi theek hai!!