Are Desi boys more tharki than others?

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Del, Jan 11, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Zainab has accused Pakistani's players as "tharki".

I had a chat with my wife and she agrees that usually browns are "tharki".

Then spoke with my sisters-in-law and both said "Kio shak hai kya?"

Then I talked with an India girl at work, she agrees that both Pakistan and Indians (browns) are "tharki".

Lastly, my friend sisters also holds the same opinion, which makes me go

[​IMG]

It just doesn't end here, they all have reason to believe that Gora/white and others are not so tharki compared to browns.

Now I am thinking really? Are we all browns more tharki?

Like to know thought on this.

2. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    not at all. all men are tharkis when they are in company they know they wont be judged in.

the problem desis have from what ive seen is literally no discretion, it is perfectly fine to be a tharki, but its not fine to expect a girl to tolerate open tharakpan.

its partly because there is this objectification of western women, and women who appear western, who are considered "fair game" to vent their frustrations. this is a deeper issue which may may some ethnospecificity to it.

in a nutshell desi guy thinks girl dressed like a slut (by his standards) means a free pass to ogle, comment, etc slightly more so than other races, imo.

3. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    this is just another desi thing

western, arab, european children, men are as much perverts as asian children and men

4. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Emerging Player

Apr 16, 2010
    perhaps no one is a "non-tharki"

But many desi boys are not only "mahaa tharkies" but they are dumb and beighairut too.

Many desi boys don't have any class or self pride.

"Staring at females" is considered a socially sick trait in the western world. So many males kind of take a sneak peak at a passing by girl thru the corner of their eye - but in India and Pakistan? Those a*holes will take a head to toe x-ray vision of the passing by females who may even be wearing a shawl, head cover and loose clothing to properly cover themselves - and it's considered very normal in our culture to stare at them like wild dogs.
    Shame on us!

And this is one of the reasons why I don't go to Pakistan with family. It has been 20 years now.

5. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    what does tharki mean?

6. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Yes I think it is more desi bad habit, was in Pak foods and old man was staring at lady even she was wearing shalwar kameez, bacheri now she can’t even get food because of this type, no one else does it I haven’t seen it either you have a woman or friend no tharki whatsoever.

Actually now that you have gone into it in school yes everyone was tharki and big time tharki but now I don’t see anyone look at woman like that apart from in Asian environments.

7. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Don't worry about my ladies. Look after yours and enjoy your trips to Pakistan.
    I don't have any intention to visit Pakistan for another 20 years.

8. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    good

fyi many many families go there its the one who usually go out in revealing clothes that get such attention

maybe once a while look at yourself as well. clothes that are not wore in such societies are bound to get attention. going out with a sauce pan of make up is bound to get attention

• Off Topic Off Topic x 1
    • List
  9. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    I don't have any personal opinion on this. I have always been a chick magnet so never needed to be one.

10. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Vast majority of men are tharki...be they desi or anything else

11. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Not everyone in Pakistan is like that.

12. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Disagree. This is limited to one province of Pakistan, even if they have 50+% of the Abaadi. Rest are all honourable people

13. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Amir liaquat is a certified one. Checkout this, it might give you some idea.

14. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
  15. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    I couldn't get past 28 seconds because of the broken screen from the violence of my projectile vomiting im afraid.

16. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    First bit does not surprise me at all and pretty sure she is talking about the ROTI Group with the addition of Imam Ul Haq, these four are becoming unbearable.

Brown girls just say that to let Black and White guys know they are interested in them, Asian guys face onslaught on social media from those very girls.

Asian guys are scum but so is everyone else.

• Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • List
  17. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Hmm ROTI group, not certain about this group, but I reckon Hassan, Imam and maybe Shadab part of it?

18. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Feema, Shadab, Mirchi aur chashmush din.

19. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Obviously yes. There are exceptional cases in every scenario.

If you think staring at females in not a socially very sick problem in Pakistan then you are living in lala land.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  20. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    You are assuming too much about my family that hasn't visited Pakistan in about 20 years now. It’s probably because you know that your own family’s females wear revealing clothes and/or a sauce pan of make up, and hence everyone else’s family does the same.

No my young friend, that’s not the case.
    I come from Peshawar wear our and everyone else’s females go out in a properly covered big shawl or a Burqa, unlike Lahore and Karachi (and many other cities of Punjab and Sindh) where many females go out in dupatta only - and perhaps these days in tight pants too.

Is that where you come from?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  21. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    I am not living in Lala Land. In Pakistan I belong to KPK. And from where I belong male don’t stare to women on streets. This is considered a very bad thing.

22. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    My family don’t wear such clothes and have never been attacked like that. I’ve only heard those who do get attacked. So your family must be wearing those skimpy clothes that can get attention in public. Just try to wear normal clothes and don’t put much make up. There are perverts everywhere not just one country fyi

23. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    She’s talking about that Meesna Shaheen. Can see on his face and smile that kid is a supreme pervert

24. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Brother I have seen men ogling at burqadaar women in Peshawar, saying some word like loba loba, so unfortunately will not agree with you here. Not saying men from other provinces are angels but certainly it happens with women in the KPK too, with or without burqa.

25. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    I had personally never seen that someone will say such to women on street in Peshawar unless they had a death wish. And I had spent 18 years of my life in Peshawar. Looking yeah can be believed but saying words is something considered very bad.

26. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    They did not catcall the ladies, just spoke to one another looking at passing by women while working on a tea stall, in a jolly mood. Guys were Pushtoon. Have seen a similar incident in Hari Poor but then those guys were most probably Hindko. This is though rare in the KPK, and very very common in Punjab on the other hand.

27. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Speaking among themselves? Oh come one bro friends can say anything among themselves. Why will it bother someone else?

28. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    guess you are right

29. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Can’t associate this with a certain ethnicity group. This happens across the world.

30. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    lol - looks like you must have some personal experience - and perhaps a very unpleasant one, with your own family females, and now you think the whole world is like your family, and they need advice from you.

As I stated, I come from Peshawar and females do not wear skimpy clothes in the streets - a large loose shawl or a Burqa is the way to go in KPK - funny that you didn’t answer where your family comes from? Shy in telling us, aren’t you? :)

31. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Interesting thread. People attacking eachothers family members

• List
  32. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Yep, it was started in post # 6.

With 24K plus posts, you would think he knows what he is doing.

So lets see if he can handle what he started.

33. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    I read it. He does come out with some pretty stupid stuff every now and then. Ignore him

• List
  34. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    desi girls have a pretty low opinion of desi guys in the west, then desi guys marry non desi girls, but desi girls fams dont allow them to that, so u have loads of frustrated single desi girls looking for immediate marriage with no obvious prospects.

im not saying desi guys in the uk are angels, but they have taken the other options and this has created a demographic imbalance from my very experiences with uk desis, whereby those left to pick from are the exact worst of the worst which reinforces the cycle.

35. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    I would say more of desperate. Ask any working woman in Pakistan, its literally impossible for them to avoid this harrassment. Everyone tries his luck. Worst are the ones, who pass comments on every passing woman as if they dont have their own sister/mother.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

36. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Fault lies on both sides to be honest. That’s why pardah is very important for females. Males would think twice to hit on a woman in proper pardah.

37. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Yaar i have seen parda one is even under more scrutiny as the desperate ones are eager to know whats behind that parda.

Pakistan is morally very down to be brutally honest.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

38. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    did you not read that my family never encountered such thing ever. my family comes from Lahore btw

and no way in hell i would believe that your family wearing appropriate clothes and still getting cat called like that, no way

you say you havent been to Pakistan in 20 years, so you dont have any right to judge the majority like that. Unless you have a long experience living there zip your mouth

39. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    never attacked your family, I assumed what was the case. its you who started throwing toys

40. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    @ASLI-PATHAN patriot is abusing the ratings system prompting me to do the same