Are horns allowed in cricket grounds?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Zak, May 9, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Zak

Zak Youngsta Beauty

Mar 24, 2019
    cardiff allowed them in the twenty the other night, so did old trafford back in 2016 vs england, so why have some grounds banned them?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Noise pollution?

3. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Items like air horns, lasers of any nature, trumpets, drums, musical instruments, or similar items may cause a nuisance/disturbance to other spectators or players, I reckon. Therefore, not permitted to be brought into the stadium.

4. Zak

Zak Youngsta Beauty

Mar 24, 2019
    disturbance to spectators lol its not snooker. one can argue that even cheering loud does that

5. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    How would you feel if a person sitting next to you will use a very powerful horn next to your ear?

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  6. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    They're annoying enough on TV, can only imagine in real life at the ground itself...

7. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Deffo can’t take them at historical lord’s. You can prob sneak them in other grounds.. remember the T20 at old Trafford in 2016? Awesome phenomenal atmosphere with the horns.

8. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    You will get searched in the ground but just hide them in your trousers and you will be fine.

9. Zak

Zak Youngsta Beauty

Mar 24, 2019
    i dont mind the horns brings great atmosphere

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Take your horns to all the games

11. Zak

Zak Youngsta Beauty

Mar 24, 2019
    i will and u do the same too

12. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Good lad. It’s coming home.. Pakistan Zindabaad

13. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Every ground should ban them. I've sat next/near to people with horns in the past and it's total noise pollution.

I remember a young toddler crying because a group of 30 year old teenagers were blowing their horns constantly and then laughing when asked to stop.

14. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    This!

15. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    That is why family stands exist. So you take your child there where there is definitely no alcohol or anything which can be really loud allowed there.

Wait and Watch till our first game against the West Indies, Its sold out and those Caribbean fans will have drums, musical instruments and will without doubt create a positive and party like vibe for themselves to enjoy and show their team they are behind them and if they don't show it live on air I'll send pictures on here when I'm there.

See if stadium managers were smart, They would make sure certain parts of the grounds fans are allowed to do this and advise if you have very young children too keep them away from there. But No, It's not about the fans and it never ever will be.

Back to the thread - If you're going with a group or someone else. One of you go in first, Have whoever is with you throw your horn or whatever you have over where a steward or security cant see or are far away and you'll be okay. We did that all through the 2017 Champions trophy and didn't get caught.

16. Zak

Zak Youngsta Beauty

Mar 24, 2019
    u guys who want horns banned go and watch test cricket in lords or snooker in cruciable. noise poluttion comes from every bad breath when people cheer.

This is a world cup not a conference meeting.

17. Zak

Zak Youngsta Beauty

Mar 24, 2019
    old trafford on 16th june will be full of horns.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Real talk.