Are there any Pakistani origin players in North American Sports?

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by Mercenary, Oct 23, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Here in the UK you have a few Pakistani players in non-tradtional Pakistani dominated sports (ie not cricket, hockey or squash). Amir Khan in boxing, Zesh Rehman in football and the lesser known Ikram Butt in Rubgy League.

However I've never heard of any Pakistani origin players in North American sports like baseball, hockey, American Football, basketball, etc. Does anyone know of any players in these sports?

I'm guessing the following guys may know something...

Feather
    Inswinger
    Big Daddy
    Bouncer
    Cover Drive
    Cani
    iZeeshan
    kingusama92

2. AZK

AZK Emerging Player

Mar 3, 2010
    think there are a couple of Indians who play ice hockey...

3. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Mercenary No, there aren't any players of Pakistani descent playing at the professional level in any American sport. There are a lot of Pakistanis participating in sports such as baseball, basketball, and American football at the high school level but they never move onto the the collegiate or professional level. I played American football at my high school and was a decent player. But I never got any interest from any colleges as they are looking for guys who are 6'2 and taller. I was on the short side at 5'10.

4. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    AZK Yeah, that's correct. There are a few players of Indian descent playing in the NHL. All of them are Canadians born to Indian parents.

5. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Never really heard of anyone except one of my brothers friends in New York has a son who plays baseball. In fact he was in training with the Yankees couple of years ago or one of the other baseball teams. Have no idea what happened to him.

Unlike the UK or Canada Pakistanis haven't been in the US for long. Right now for the most part it is the 2nd generation unlike UK or Canada where people have living there forever.

Also American sports kind of require you to be HUGE!

6. Cani

Cani Emerging Player

Oct 14, 2012
    Gibran Hamdan is the one and only Pakistani to have ever played in the NFL. Well his mother was Pakistani so yeah.

7. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    a pakistani guy owns the Jaguars (american football team)

but as far as players...no

8. Cani

Cani Emerging Player

Oct 14, 2012
    Shahid Mlaik

9. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Who's that? What sport does he play, etc?

10. Cani

Cani Emerging Player

Oct 14, 2012
    He's the owner of one of the teams.

Gibran Hamdan is the only NFL player of Pakistani descent.

11. Invictus

Invictus Talented

Feb 15, 2010
    I doubt it because North Americans sports\leagues requires you to be a proper athlete. Jokes aside the average built of an athlete here is massive even white guys have a hard time getting in.