Are you in favour of a South Punjab Province?

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Mohsin, May 9, 2018.

Are you in favour of creating a new Province (South Punjab)?

Poll closed May 9, 2019.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other (please express)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    'Fresh' movement for a South Punjab Province reawakened a month ago, with the South Punjab Subha Mahaaz merging into PTI going into the upcoming General Elections.

I personally am in favour of a new Province being created in S Punjab, as long as its purely on a administrative basis. A simple South Punjab Province, not Saraikistan or anything like that. Itll help in terms of the 'balance' between the Provinces of the country, as you wont have a Province towering over the other Provinces of the country (which will also help finish the Province centric politics certain politicians play when the time suits them).

Itll also take the burden off Lahore, with places like Multan, Bahawalpur, DG Khan being developed as 'resource centers' for the 'local' population and for the area as a whole. You have 'triangular infrastructure development between places like Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Lahore and Sialkot. The same can be done in S Punjab which makes sense, considering the most per capital income is in S Punjab as opposed to North Punjab.

However, the biggest reason/need for a new Province is...you population figures. Approx 52% of Pakistan's population is in Punjab, over half the country's population is situation in a single Province. No one can effectively government a population that big (a population/Province as if not bigger than some countries btw) from one city. IG Punjab cannot have such a outreach; Secretary Health cannot have such an effective outreach; same with Secretary Education.

So the time has come to create a smaller administrate unit within Punjab to ensure effective and easier governance which will only benefit the people of Punjab and in turn Pakistan. In time, other divisional units (in KPK, Sindh and Balochistan) should be created (however nothing along ethnic/linguistic lines) to ensure better/easier governance.

2. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Not just south punjab.. we need lots of small administrative units all over the country to better mange the country and sddress reservations of all Pakistanis

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Definitely lessens the burden on Punjab as a province and administratively will be more efficient to manage as well.

Parties like PMLN won't be in favor of course.

4. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    I think Punjab should be split into three provinces. Even then they would have 50 NA seats each and still be larger than KP & Balochistan.

Ideally Sindh should also be split in two. And maybe a Hazara province made up of South KP & North Balochistan.

5. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Separate Karachi province is also needed.

6. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    As @Passionate Pakistani said, the smaller the administrative units the better.

I an ideal world, Punjab should have more then 2 provinces, and same goes for Balochistan.

7. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Why would Balochistan need more than 2 Provinces, considering its population numbers?

8. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Maybe divide it on the basis of area and if possible populate it with more people.. but that is a longterm goal as you will have to develop new industries, unis, hospitals etc so people can migrate there

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Yeah it is necessary and will be a good move from an administration point of view. However there is a lot of fragmentation and polarisation in Pakistani society. I hope that this doesn't add to it but rather helps to ease it.

10. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    For the love of God, don't give it a stupid almagmation name like Khyber Pakhtunkhoah.
    The best name for such a province is "Waseeb". Means "the place to stay/live" in Sariaki.

If i remember correctly, only 11 countries have bigger population than Punjab.

With such large population, i would like to see it divided into three provinces.

Punjab: consisting of "central punjab"

Potohar: the north, potohar region.
    Either Sialkot or Pindi should be the state capital.

Waseeb: consisting of south, Sariaki speaking region. Should also include DI Khan and Taank from KPK as well. Multan is ideal city for state capital.

Baluchistan is just too darn big to manage properly. Should be divided into two, right down the middle OR reinstate the old Kalaat state as a province.
    Gawader can be the state capital of new province.

Sent from my QMobile i6i using Tapatalk

11. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    With the current political situation, local people simply won't accept immigrants, ESPECIALLY from Punjab.
    It can only work if certain restrictions are put in place.
    Like, only the next generation of immigrants would be able to hold public office. The ones who are born in new provinces.
    That would significantly reduce the chances of any backlash.

But sadly, it wont happen.
    Because the "center" would be the one making decisions and we all know how they think towards smaller provinces/ minorities.

Sent from my QMobile i6i using Tapatalk

12. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    And have you considered its covered area?

13. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Apparently no one likes to talk about Karachi as a separate province and that is the reason Karachities keep electing MQM into power.

14. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010