Are you sad??

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mohammed Bilal, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    I am. I'm laughing on top but I'm dying inside. I feel helpless and rubbish about myself. I don't even feel like doing the things I like. There is no hapiness left in me. That is the truth, although I am kidding myself by looking at memes and laughing, after I'm done laughing same sadness comes back to me. I feel annoyed, angry, sad and happy at the same time. The thought goes through me that it's kind of good that they didn't get in semis but if you ask me what I truly wanted it was the world cup. Especially after Afghanistan game I would day dream about Babar making 80 and Fakhar making a 100 in semi against India chasing 260 and then in the final Pakistan is cruising at 140-1 and in the end Babar makes 100*, Fakhar makes 70 and we win the World cup chasing 263.

In a few weeks it'll hurt. I'm just happy Babar has done decently in this world cup but still people are bashing him. Bechara Babar.

It's really hard to stay away from social media so trolls are also annoying. I just hope now that India don't win this cup. I hope England win this world cup.

2. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    I was because I genuinely think we had a chance to win the whole thing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    its part of the sport. Things happen

of course we aren't happy but at least our boys did well and recovered well. We should applaud them

4. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    I thought Pakistan would have won the World Cup had India beaten England

We finally had a solid solid team after 1999 and 2011 and got some momentum going

5. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    We were 2 games short, that's well within reach. Also the way we got out of the tournament adds to the whole crapiness.

6. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    A very cruel way to exit. Pakistan is a confidence and momentum team.

Agree with @Saj and @KingOfDoosra i think Pak would have been serious contenders to lift the cup had England lost one of their last two games.

7. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan's biggest issue is to find the right combination, they were too late to find the right team - gave too many games to players like Malik and Hassan.

We should've won the game against SL if it wasn't washed out and then who can forget that lost against WI, but Pakistan found the most humiliating way to not only lose but also hurt their NRR so bad that even after having 11 point like NZ (say if we win against BD), we could still not play semi - so who's fault is it?

In a nutshell, I feel bad for Pakistan if I see their games post IND match but when I recall what happened against WI, it literally make my blood boil. (also, they lost the game against AUS from a very strong position) - I dont think any other team was trashed the way Pakistan was against WI.

8. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    We left the charge too late. You cant afford to start off the way we did. In the end it has come back and hit us hard. We have been underperforming in this format for a while so for me getting this close was an achievement itself. Its not hit me as hard this time. Maybe because I have learned to accept it.

We were one of the first teams to come over and get used to the conditions. To get blown away like we did against the west indies should never have happened.

9. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    We were peaking as well:(:(:(:(:(

10. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    I was there for West Indies match. Although there is no excuse for playing the way we did but that pitch had serious bounce and pace in it; almost tennis ball like. Good length balls were rising sharply.

11. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    You guys need to relax. It's just. Game

12. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    They should have adjusted. It was a WACA like pitch. Pull and Cut. Instead they ran away and got out.

13. Shaz130

Shaz130 Emerging Player

Dec 29, 2016
    Oh I wanted the World Cup as well trust me. However this exit does not hurt me much because realistically what ever happen was not in our control. And when I mean our I mean us fans not the Pakistan team. We lost cause we bank on this unpredictability tag. Which is another way of saying we are inconsistent. This inconsistency made us be in a situation we were never ment to be in. Till the day comes where we drop this tag will be the day we become a better team. The world is moving fast, we as Pakistanis are becoming more successful people and yet this team remains the same with the same issues. Its almost like we get new people who do the same thing as the older people. There is never any major change since the management continues to pick the same tried and tested failures. How long will we deal with this incompetency as fans? How long will we glorify 1992 World Cup in hopes of getting another feeling like that again? We as fans deserve better. Its time for a change to better our cricket. We got more than capable people in our country to do so. The real question is will the higher ups care for it as much as we do?

14. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    Exactly life goes on, let's refocus to work on getting to number 1 in ODIs and Tests.

15. Shaz130

Shaz130 Emerging Player

Dec 29, 2016
  16. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    I am.

But honestly I don’t t think we we’re good enough.

Maybe next WC when Amir and Haris are about to bow out, Shaheen and Babar and Imam are in their prime, and we find a fast bowling all-rounder, we’ll have a top shot.

17. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    I usually get a bit sad but it's hard to this time round. I did get a little sad but it passed quickly.

It's more just banter now.

Still hurts when we lose to India though.

18. MecnunK

MecnunK Youngsta Beauty

Oct 21, 2015
    Honesty speaking they didnt deserve to be in semis.. especially the way they lost to WI and then lost a won game game Australia. Absoloutely gutless performance against India. They came good however against the last 3 .. SA just as bad as Pak. England was a great win. NZ I think are overrated and have lost against the top 3 teams (hope they prove me wrong) and ordinary without Williamson's heroics. But it still feels crappy to not go through .

19. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    I had seen better Pakistani teams knocked out so not that sad. My only regret is not beating India again at the WC. We even won the toss and made a mockery of ourselves.

1996 QF loss to India still remains the game which really made me sad for days.

20. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    Show the same level of commitment to the team that the players wearing the Jersey do. If players are smoking sheesha 8 hrs before the world's biggest derby, then u have to ask yourselves why are you so sad?

21. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    That said, I have a feeling this world Cup is about to take a funny turn. As Dirk Gently says 'everything is connected'... The thing is every action leads to an equal and opposite reaction... When you try to manipulate the universe it pushes back:D

22. Shaz130

Shaz130 Emerging Player

Dec 29, 2016
    Hmm.. elaborate more on this thought of yours.

23. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Its just a game.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

24. Zak

Zak Youngsta Beauty

Mar 24, 2019
    I was driving past old trafford cricket ground today, it looks amazing. I was soo sad just wanted to see a pak vs aus semi final there. instead its crappy nz.

25. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    depressing

26. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Emerging Player

Apr 16, 2010
    You either need to see a good psychiatrist or grow up and develop realistic expectations.

In comparison to your “sadness”, I feel content, satisfied, at peace and feel confident of my knowledge base, perception about this team and years of experience - that helped me had an absolute clear expectation that this team will NOT make it to Semis.
    And that’s exactly what happened.

27. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017

28. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    Good good Almighty! If a loss in the WC puts you in a mini downward spiral then there some other underlying issue that needs to be resolved. Set yourself some goals, get something to look forward to FFS. IT'S JUST A GAME. Sure it would have been nice to win but in the grand scheme of things it's irrelevant. The WC has no bearing on your life, good or bad. It's not like the pak team would have turned up at your house with the trophy to celebrate.

29. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
  30. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    I sometimes feel why we as a nation are so much emotionally attached to the game of cricket that not winning a WC can cause depression in some of us? I have observed the fans from teams that have done better than us like Australia or England, but they are no way so emotionally or psychologically involved in the game.

The above teams are more professional, methodical and disciplined, and in no way carry the sorts of emotional burden and expectations of so many hysterical and overly obsessed fans on their shoulders as our players, is it the reason we flunk at the biggest of stages more often than not?

We live in a country where poverty and hunger are rampant, we do not have a stable economy, and we don't really do well in nearly all other fields of life including sports. In these dire circumstances, the 'choti choti khusiyan' sentence by @Fireworks11 seems so true, hum tarse howe loag hain, winning a WC is a really big deal for us, and missing out on winning one especially after getting so close to it will definitely be even more heartbreaking.

As we prosper, progress and become richer, I do not collectively we will have the same level of attachment or expectations from the team, just like other nations. May be that is when the burden of expectations and pressure will be off us and we start winning, hope is.

31. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010

And if we "tarsey huvay log" don't find these "choti choti khushiyan" outside, we try to release the frustration by increasing the world population. That's why we are heavy breeders.

Quaide-a-Azam's quote, "Kaam kaam aur kaam" - has been transformed into some other "kaam" - and that too, subah sham.

32. Zak

Zak Youngsta Beauty

Mar 24, 2019
    The English are emotional about football, the pakistanis about cricket.

33. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    In my old job, we were working on a project that had multiple international teams - and once, an Engineer was visiting us from England.

We had a little cricket chat - in those days Pak had a good team while England was not that good.
    He jokingly said to me,
    “We created the game for time pass but you guys took it way too seriously.”

34. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Wait till we lose from Bangla today. hehehe

35. Shaz130

Shaz130 Emerging Player

Dec 29, 2016
    Why do you want us to lose?

36. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Ignore him

37. Shaz130

Shaz130 Emerging Player

Dec 29, 2016
    Alright

38. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    I have lost interest in this cricket team to be honest, hence not sad.

39. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    Sad but more left with a bad taste in my mouth. We’re out because of a dismal performance in game 1, after which we showed bottle and came back strong. NZ should be thanking their stars they’re in this position

I was at the Pak v NZ match with friends and the vibe was so good, at that moment with that performance I actually thought we could win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    because everyone will go home happy and hardly any action will be taken to fix the problems.
    And now watch, this is exactly what's going to happen to fix anything. NOTHING !