1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Arthur reveals the reason behind Hafeez and Kamran’s non-selection in the T20 squad

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Mar 31, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
    Coach Mickey Arthur revealed the reason behind Mohammad Hafeez’s non-selection in the T20 squad for the West Indies series.

Arthur says that Hafeez is unable to bowl due to illegal bowling action went against his favour.

“If Hafeez is bowling, that’s great. But if not, then that’s a problem,” Arthur told while talking to media at the National Stadium.

Asking about not selecting Kamran Akmal in the squad despite remarkable performance in the Pakistan Super League, Arthur said that he will not compromise on fielding standards.

“Kamran Akmal is a very good batsman, but unfortunately he can’t field. We already have Sarfraz Ahmed as our wicketkeeper. Fielding is non-negotiable. If you can’t field, you can’t play for Pakistan. Simple as that,” he said.

The coach expressed his excitement at having more young blood in the squad in the form of Asif Ali, Hussain Talat and Shaheen Shah Afridi.

“These guys have brought fresh energy to the squad. We have a very strong squad, with all the in-form players. All of them are going to get equal chances,” he said.

On the return of international cricket to Karachi, the coach said he cannot wait for the stadium to fill up again.

“I just can’t wait to see the stadium full, with the green flags and Dil Dil Pakistan playing out and the boys performing”

The three-match series between Pakistan vs West Indies will be played on April 1, 2 and 3 at National Stadium, Karachi.

https://arysports.tv/arthur-explain...eez-and-akmal-non-selection-in-the-t20-squad/

2. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Thank you so much Arthur, you're our safety net.

3. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  4. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Gives us a good reason to actually like this coach

5. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    I'm glad he's so blunt about their weaknesses. Let's hope he doesn't get fired magically.

6. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Authur you beauty

7. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    This year will be make or break for Mickey. Test series against England and then one in UAE against NZ. also there is Asia Cup and OdI series against Australia in UAE. Series loss or poor performance will not be taken lightly and all those who he is bluntly rejecting will start lobbying for his removal

8. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    We will get smashed in the test series so he will be hanging by a thread. He is a no nonsense coach but his favouritism for Babar, Amir and Imad even if they do not perform but drop others after one game is something I do not want to support

9. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Babar is better than 99% of batsmen in Pakistan.

Imad is a gun t20 player and a decent enough bits and pieces to be accomodated in modern LOI where multi faceted players are required

Both guys deserve chance after chance until they have failed to the TTF levels of Umar Akmal Imran Nazir etc.

10. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Also as much as Rahat is a good bowler when the conditions are right he cant field at all.

So it looks like fielding is negotiable sometimes for Mickey!

11. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Babar is a top class batsman and Mickey is doing the right thing by backing him. Amir is a WC bowler on his day but it all depends on his work load and when he is committed to perform.

I think Pakistan has a chance against England in May as our batsman will have good preparation and the team as a whole will be more willing to win as its only a two test series, England’s Test team isn’t all that great as well, I predict it will be 1-1 or 1-0 to England.

In South Africa we have no chance but the Test Series against NZ in the UAE will be interesting.

12. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    the criteria is be better than Kamran Akmal :D

13. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Imran Nazir would have gone down as our T20 great if given more chances, think even Imad has played more T20i than him

14. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    T20 results are not going to be important this year. It’s the test matches and ODI’s where improvements are required and expected. Imad and Kamran are anyways not in contention for OdI or test team

15. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    I can see why Mickey hates Kamran but most of our uneducated and backward sports journalists call for his comeback and like praising his useless domestic stats.

The fact is Kamran is a very bad person and not just a bad cricketer.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  16. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    We don’t play as much Test Cricket as other nations so there should be no excuse of underperforming.

17. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    him being a good or bad person has got nothing to do with my judgement of him. I just don't want him in the side anymore, he's have had more than enough chances to prove himself

18. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Imran's fault was to play for Pakistan in the era of Wasim, Waqar, Inzamam, Moin, Afridi, Yousuf, Younis Khan, Saeed Anwar, Salim Elahi

19. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Pity, genuine match winner, not a single opener since who plays this classy and still packs a punch

20. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Player pool for Pakistani is getting stronger after every PSL. His excitement makes total sense after having more young blood in the squad in form of Asif, Talat and Shaheen.

Also, I am not sure how many games Rahat will get, because his fields isn't that great, which is a selection criteria as per Arthur.

21. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Asif is not young lol

22. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    You know the criteria of young in Pakistan right - whoever hasn't played is young, age doesn't matter to us.

23. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    He’s 26.

24. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Ruthless. Love it!

25. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  26. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Some people are so deluded.

27. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    You've got to like Arthur. Two on-the-money reasons for non selection of Hafeez and Akmal. I hope he gets fluent with MC ** galiyan also and can give it to the players when it matters.

28. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Oh for god’s sake

29. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
  30. Zeeraq

Zeeraq Talented

Apr 28, 2012
    Thank You Kamran for dropping that easy catch in the final! :D