Asif Ali or Iftikhar Ahmed?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    In your opinion who is better suited for 'finisher' role at no.6 - Asif Ali or Iftikhar Ahmed? Who can hit big and change gears if needed?

On advantage latter has over former is that he can bowl. However, I am not sure which one is better fielder.

Discuss...

2. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
  3. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
  4. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    How old is uncle Ifti?

5. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Born in 1985.

About 34-35.

6. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Both. Imad Wasim should sit out. Asif Ali should also bowl regularly atleast couple of overs. He bowls offspin too. You can have Harris Sohail, Iftikhar Ahmed, Fakhar Zaman and Asif Ali sharing 5th bowlers quota of 11 overs.

7. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    It's all about developing a player. What development will you be doing when Hafeez makes a comeback and Malik in T20s. PCB are wasting players just for the sakes of these two. I mean you can understand if Rahul Dravid is there or Ponting but why are these two accommodated just for the sakes of accommodation. Performance we all saw in world cup.

And this is where I agree with Amear Sohail. It's all about role defining. Tell Ifti or even Asif that they have to bowl 5 good overs otherwise we can't carry them. Stop putting players on merry go round.

8. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    asif batts quicker at a higher risk and lower average, uncle Iftikhar will be far more dependable but slower. if they played Shan instead of imam, so there's more speed at the top, can risk sacrificing speed at the bottom and play a better batter - but with imam at the top, there's an argument that sr>>average so play asif - but its obviously much riskier.

I reckon the best side or thereabouts would be

1. fakhar
    2. shan or if injured abid
    3. babar
    4. sarfraz
    5. haris
    6. iftikhar
    7. Imad
    8. Shadab (if we have to play him, would rather someone else)
    9. Wahab
    10. $$$ amir
    11. Shinwari

9. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    1. Ahmed Shahzad
    2. Fakhar Zaman
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Harris Sohail
    5. Asif Ali
    6. Iftikhar Ahmed
    7. Sarfraz
    8. Shadab
    9. Wahab
    10. Amir
    11. Shaheen
    Reserves: Hassan Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Yasir Shah, Abid Ali.

10. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Shit or Shite. Which one is better ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

11. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Neither can help us win, because both are horrendous in playing spin.

We really dont have any good finisher who can take this responsibility to finish the game and take us over the line.

12. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Will loose more game unless someone tell sarfraz to part with the idea of batting at 4/5.

You can't win with only 3 batsmen in the side. We need a proper 4th batman to reach 150 on regular basis.

It is preferable to be Man of Understanding then to be a Man of Knowledge.

13. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Sarfraz should quit t20 cricket cus he does not have ability to play big shots in t20 format!! Sarfraz should only restrict himself to odi and test cricket!!

14. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Sarfraz ki jaga Umar Akmal ko keeper bana lo t20 cricket mein! Atleast he can clear boundaries!!

15. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Indeed, but you know what bhai, there is one MASSIVE issue with ommi, he doent even last a ball. However, will be a superstar in come PSL, so whats the point of his runs when he cant perform at Intl level?

16. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Y?
    If we have to replace sarfraz then there are rizwan and the ruhail to keep wicket.

U want to try umar as batman do it just dont combine it with ahmed shehzad or other. Only one coma back a series.

It is preferable to be Man of Understanding then to be a Man of Knowledge.

17. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Arey chance do ge to khele ga na 2 t20s are not enough to judge him, in which he did not even get in! Give him a proper chance and if he gets in then he will surely contribute to teams success! Problem is the mystery spinner found him twice and he got bamboozled! It takes time to get back into groove when you are away from intl scene for so long!!

18. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I want Sarfraz out of T20 too, because he doesnt have game for this format (actually for any format) but he isnt going anywhere till WC T20.

Once its over, than I would try Rizwan first and if he flunks than Umar Siddiq should be next in line.

19. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Rizwan is an accumulator too suited to longer formats! In t20s, Umar Akmal has the game to play that brand of cricket! Umar Akmal is ideal for t20 cricket only!!

20. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Jitne match hum haar rahe hein woh sab Sarfraz ki waja se haar rahe hein!! Sarfraz cant play t20 format! He is good in tests and odis but not in t20s!!

21. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I swear to God I stopped at the bold highlighted part.

He has been playing cricket for ages, and still its not enough - sorry, not going to buy this.

He has been give more than enough chances but he is incapable.

The sooner his supporters will realize it the better.

We dont need his once in a blue moon runs to win a meaning less dead rubber game.

22. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Bhai mein khud sab se bara critic hon Umar Akmal ka specially jo us ne harkat ki thi Imran Khan ko bol kar ke mujhe no,. 3 per nahi khilate, inconsistent performance, his gay like mujhre, not converting starts etc but fact is Umar Akmal is talented and so is Ahmed Shahzad!! They can serve us in next 4 years imo! We just need to be a little bit patient in my opinion just as Misbah said things cant be fixed overnight and it holds 100 per cent true!!

23. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Ideal t20 team:

1. Ahmed Shahzad
    2. Fakhar Zaman c
    3. Babar Azam vc
    4. Hafeez
    5. Shoaib Malik
    6. Umar Akmal
    7. Asif Ali
    8. Shadab
    9. Wahab
    10. Amir
    11. Shinwari
    Reserves: Hassan, Faheem, Yasir Shah, Harris Sohail.

• Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • List
  24. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    I've watched Rohail bat. He's not even a good player at domestic yet. Rizwan on the other hand makes the team.