1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Asperger Syndrome

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by pat, Aug 27, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. pat

pat Banned

Nov 25, 2018
    Does any have interactions with people with AS?

do these people operate in fantasy world? like kids living in a make belief world?

how do they survive professionally?

2. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    we survive online.

3. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Aspergers is similar to autism right?

4. Gotham Cronie

Gotham Cronie Youngsta Beauty

Jan 14, 2015
  5. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
  6. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
    My nephew is one of those. He has very awkward social interactions & difficulty talking with others in person.

However, academically he's doing ok. The only complain that I am aware of is, he's very introvert and anti-social.

7. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
    Can't believe i never saw this thread. I have had it my entire life, i got my first official diagnosis in 2016 and then a second diagnosis in 2018. And it has been a huge challenge. I have been fired from 6 accounting firms in the last 5 years and the biggest challenge actually comes once i have gone through the initial probation period where expectations go up and my boss, managers get frustrated by my social limitations and where in their view i do not do enough as far as interacting with my coworkers or asking a lot of questions. Its another matter where when i do ask questions my manager gets frustrated and then when he gets angry, annoyed over everything, i for survival choose to avoid interacting all together.

I have tried very hard in this field for the last 5 years and have finally completed my working experience requirements where i will receive my Canadian CPA Designation by November-December 2020. But i think as far as working in accounting firms is concerned, i have reached my plateau and there is no way i can survive in a managers role where your multi tasking skills, organization skills and client handling skills have to be top notch. Its good that i know my limitations now which is now i am looking at alternative ways to monetize this designation in a manner which suits me