AUS v PAK|2nd Test D/N| Adelaide|29th Nov- 3rd Dec|Pre-Match Thread (Abbas will play 2nd Test : u-23

Discussion in 'Match Archive' started by Shahzad.Firdous, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    1. Imam
    2. Shan
    3. Azhar
    4. Asad
    5. Babar
    6. Rizwan
    7. Iftikhar / Musa Khan
    8. Yasir Shah
    9. Abbas
    10. Shaheen
    11. Naseem Shah

2. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Azhar is out of form for a long time which is a big worry.
    Asad is his usual hot & cold.
    Haris is proving an easy prey for Aussie Bowlers.

In a nutshell we have a very weak middle order which is costing us big time.

In Australia you need big runs at a rapid rate.

3. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Imam
    Shan
    Ali
    Babar
    Asad
    Iftikhar
    Rizwan
    Yasir
    Abbas
    Naseem
    Shaheen

4. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Expect the same result

5. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Can have Harris Sohail as allrounder at No. 6 too!! Harris is not comfortable with No. 3! He picked 2 wickets in first test and he bowls useful left arm spin! You can get useful overs out of him plus he can be a partnership breaker like Aamir Sohail!!

6. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    1. Imam
    2. Shan
    3. Azhar
    4. Babar
    5. Asad
    6. Harris Sohail / Iftikhar / Musa
    7. Rizwan
    8. Yasir Shah
    9. Abbas
    10. Shaheen
    11. Naseem Shah

7. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Yeah plus Iftikhar doesn’t look a test player. Problem is Haris is woefully out of form with the bat

8. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Harris is struggling at No. 3. If we accommodate him at No. 6, there is a good chance that he will recover his form!! Problem is that Iftikhar bowls well with the semi new ball as change up. Yasir Shah comes into bowl after about 20 overs. Whereas, Harris Sohail is useful with a much older ball!!

9. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    1. Imam
    2. Shan
    3. Azhar
    4. Babar
    5. Asad
    6. Harris Sohail / Kashif Bhatti
    7. Rizwan
    8. Yasir Shah
    9. Abbas
    10. Shaheen
    11. Naseem Shah

10. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Important changes likely in Pakistan squad against Australia in 2nd test match

ISLAMABAD - Important changes likely in Pakistan squad against Australia in 2nd test match.

Pakistan cricket team’s management has decided to make multiple changes for the second and final Test, with out-of-form Haris Sohail likely to be dropped for opening batsman Imam-ul-Haq.

Imam, if picked, will open the Pakistan innings alongside fellow southpaw Shan Masood, which means captain Azhar Ali, who had opened the batting in the first Test and failed to deliver, would bat at one-down where Sohail did in the last test.

Babar Azam is also expected to be promoted from fifth place to fourth.

The team management had faced a lot of criticism for snubbing pace spearhead Mohammad Abbas and picking Imran Khan Sr on the basis of the latter’s five-fer in a warm-up match. Abbas’ selection in the second Test’s line-up is all but certain, as per sources.

Teenage pacer Naseem Shah impressed all and sundry with his bowling on debut but team management wants to use him with restraint. In case, Misbah decides to rest him, fellow teen tearaway Muhammad Musa Khan could replace him.

https://timesofislamabad.com/26-Nov...tan-squad-against-australia-in-2nd-test-match

11. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Musa Khan likely to debut in second Test against Australia

Pakistan’s young fast-bowler Musa Khan is likely to make his debut in the second and last Test against Australia at the Adelaide Oval in Adelaide.

Opener Imamul Haq and fast-bowler Mohammad Abbas are also likely to play in the next match after Pakistan’s dismal performance in the first Test in which they were defeated by an innings and five runs at the Gabba in Brisbane.

The Men in Green received considerable backlash for their team combination in the first Test against Australia because of which these changes are now expected.

Imam looks set to replace the struggling batsman Haris Sohail whereas Abbas would slot in place of fast- bowler Imran Khan Sr.

Musa’s debut would likely come at the cost of young pace sensation Naseem Shah who received considerable praise for his efforts in the first Test.

The changes are still under consideration and the final decision is yet to be taken.

The second and last Test between Pakistan and Australia is a day-night fixture and will be played on Friday.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/n...ely-to-debut-in-second-test-against-australia

12. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Harris Sohail ko No,. 6 per khilana chahye in my opinion as i have a feeling he will score a century if he bats at No,. 6 plus he can serve as 5th bowler as well!!

13. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    1. Imam
    2. Shan
    3. Azhar
    4. Babar
    5. Asad
    6. Harris Sohail
    7. Rizwan
    8. Yasir Shah
    9. Abbas
    10. Shaheen
    11. Musa

14. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Harsh on Naseem. Very harsh.

15. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Naseem will break if he plays two consecutive tests against Australia. Waise bhi is waqt uske saath buhat bura hua hai he lost his mother pata nahi kis tarha se woh last test khela hoga!!

16. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    He says he wants to play. Otherwise he was free to return to pak before first test. Not good for his confidence to drop him after 1 test

17. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    2 consecutive tests khelna Naseem jaise 16 yr old ke liye khelna mushkil hai! I know he desperately wants to play but we want him to play for next 15 -20 years and not disappear after some time!!

18. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Smith keen to turn tables on Yasir

"It gave me a bit more motivation next game to not get out to him," Smith told reporters in Adelaide on Tuesday. "So I will probably be a little bit more disciplined against him."

Smith revealed that he had a system of rewards and punishment after each match inorder to maintain the standards necessary to thrive in international cricket.

"I always punish myself when I get no runs, just like I reward myself when I score runs with a chocolate bar at the end of the night if I get a hundred," he said. "So yeah, if I get no runs I always like to have a run or go to the gym or do something just to give myself a bit of a punishment."

"I feel the times he (Shah) has got me out, I have been on a few runs," he said. "I have been slogging in a couple of second innings ones where I was playing some funky shots and stuff so I'm not too worried. I thought he bowled really well at the Gabba, got some good drift and a little bit of spin on a wicket that probably wasn't spinning that much, so bowled well."

"I probably do bat a little bit better when there is pressure on, for sure. The situation we were at was a pretty good one. I actually spoke to JL (coach Justin Langer) in the morning. I was like 'how should I approach this today, what do you think?' and he said 'do what you want to do'. I thought about being quite aggressive and it didn't work. It's fine with me. I know that batting, you fail a lot, so when you get in need to make the most of it," he concluded.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/smith-keen-to-turn-tables-on-yasir

19. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    It will be hilarious if Yasir take his wicket again.

20. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Naseem ko agar ziada khilao ge to woh read hojayega! Usko as a surprise weapon use karo! Musa is also a very good bowler aur agar Naseem 2nd test khela to Australians usko read kar leinge!!

21. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    this is only the second test, not like it is a 4th-5th consecutive test!!!!

he is a young kid full of energy. As wasim says, let the kid bowl and bowl more!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Warner ne kute wali kar di in logon ki doosre test mein bhi agar yeh kar di to pata nahi kahan jayega Naseem!! Waise hi mother ki death hogayee hai bechare ki! Rehem khao bache per!! Baad mein karwa lena is waqt waqt nahi hai!

23. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Reham pehlay test se pehlay karna tha

24. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  25. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    cricinfo saying imam for Haris and Musa for Naseem. they say Haris is found out on bouncy tracks, and that although imam has a shit average, he has experience (because he is a parchi). Naseem is better than Musa according to them, but for a 16 year old, his work load needs to be managed - thats why only bowled 3 overs on day 3 (is that right?).

meantime, they also say that smith is riled up and angry after Yassir's send off after getting him out for the 7th time, even if some of those wickets were soft dismissals when smith was slogging to set up a game.

result will be the same, and Fawad Alam sends 200 'hi's.

dont like the squad, but with it, I would go:

1 abid (just hit a 249* in the QEA)
    2 shan
    3 azhar
    4 shafiq
    5 babar
    6 rizwan
    7 uncle
    8 yasir
    9 Shaheen
    10 abbas
    11 musa

am worried that Shaheen is suddenly being used as a work horse when he's only a teenager too.

26. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Abbas recalled as Azhar confirms selection reshuffle for Adelaide Test

Pakistan captain Azhar Ali has confirmed that pacer Mohammad Abbas will feature in the second and final Test, a day-night affair, of the series against Australia, starting on November 29 in Adelaide.

Pakistan, who are keen to avoid their 14th consecutive defeat in Australia, will look towards Abbas to provide much-needed control in the bowling department.

"He [Abbas] will definitely bring a lot of control ... with a bowler of his class you always feel like he has something to offer," said Ali during a pre-match press conference in Adelaide on Thursday. “He has done well in first-class. He has done well in Test matches.He was worked a lot in the last Test on his rhythm and is feeling much better ... We are feeling a lot more confident."

When Australia captain Tim Paine was asked about his team’s plans to counter the threat posed by Abbas, he said: "We're as prepared as he can be without facing him. We all know what he does, we've got a different side that played against him before. He's an exceptional bowler, his record would suggest that. We've spoken about him.”

"We've spoken about the whole team ... if we're not right on top of our game, Abbas and the rest of the side can create you problems,” he added.

The Pakistan skipper also confirmed that he will batting at number three position in the batting order as the visitors will go in with two openers for the encounter. This could potentially mean that left-hander Haris Sohail could face the axe, after failing to impress in the first Test with two low scores. Meanwhile Imamul Haq is likely to partner Shan Masood at the top of the order.

"We will announce the side properly (on Friday)," he said. "We will go with the two openers though and I will come and bat at number three."

Ali also hinted about resting rookie pacer Naseem Shah for the second Test while heaping praise on team’s other young pacer Musa Khan.

"The good thing about Naseem Shah is that whenever he bowled, he bowled well. The last couple of weeks haven't been easy for him but we backed him because of his skills. But we have to see what all he's been through, he's just 16, very young body. We have to be careful and we don't want to put too much (pressure) on him,” he said.

"Musa has potential also, he's short but he's rapid. He's another talented guy, he's very fit and hopefully whenever he gets a chance, he'll perform. He bowls a lot in the nets but it's a different thing in Test matches, hopefully if he plays, he's gonna transfer that into the game. Starting well is important and if he can start well, he can hopefully give us a lot of good overs," the Pakistan captain added.

Ali, who has outscored every other batsman in pink-ball Tests having accumulated 456 runs at an average of 91 in 6 innings, was hopeful about continuing his good run of form in pink-ball Tests.

Ali, also the only triple centurion in day-night Tests, also holds the record of the highest individual score under lights.

"My pink-ball record, I have played three Test matches and I enjoy that," he said. "You have to apply yourself differently. There are different times of the game you have to play differently. There is afternoon, evening and then an hour-and-a-half when the lights are impacting. I will look to try and stay on basics again. Hopefully I can perform again like I did in previous Test matches."

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/n...onfirms-selection-reshuffle-for-adelaide-test

27. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Abid should play. I think age + experience would help against Australia.
    Not upset at Imam playing but Abid is clearly the better move here.

28. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  29. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  30. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    Why is Iftikhar playing can someone explain

31. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Mainly for his batting and cause they don't feel Abid or Haris would add much more and left Fawad at home. They really neededed to add another batsman here IMO.

32. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Their openers will fall here cheaply, i think, given we hold on to chances.

33. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    But he can't bat...

34. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    So this lil dumb eff Musa, bowls not one but TWO no balls right after the umpire warns him to watch his front foot?

why the heck are we so dumb ??? WHY??

And with this short height, how is he even an effective pace bowler?

And look at our MAIN bowler Abbas, the keeper stands up front as if he is a spinner. WTF ?

35. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
  36. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Catastrophic to drop Naseem. Poor guy

37. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Unless Pakistan collapse, this is a draw!!

38. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    How can we win this game?

39. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    There is no possibility of winning right now!!

40. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Disappointed’ Abbas vows to make a strong comeback on day two

Pakistan seamer Mohammad Abbas is hoping to turn the tables on Australia with a strong performance on the second day of the ongoing day-night Test match in Adelaide.

“I am not at all happy with my own performance because I am obviously considered the main bowler,” said Abbas. “When you play Test cricket after 10 months, it takes time to get back into rhythm. The match, however, has not ended yet. We will try and come back strong tomorrow.”

“The start to my career was indeed great, but ups and downs are part of the game too. I got injured against New Zealand, and it took a lot of time for me to recover. But I am bowling and hopefully I will be back in rhythm soon,” he added.

“In your own conditions, you are aware where and how to bowl. After coming to Australia, I had practiced a lot but the wicket did not help,” he said. “I tried to do my best but they were confident and played me well.”

“We could not do what we wanted but it is part of the game. Sometimes batsmen are on top and sometimes bowlers are. God willing, we will do better tomorrow morning,” he added.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/n...bas-vows-to-make-a-strong-comeback-on-day-two