Australia secure 3-0 test series victory.

Discussion in 'Match Archive' started by Ahson8, Jan 2, 2017.

Australia secure 3-0 test series victory.

by Ahson Afzal
Jan 2, 2017 at 11:45 PM
  1. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    cricket-australia-match-pakistan-third-test-cricket_2b48185c-d4ce-11e6-a877-a82e4b02bda2.jpg

An easy victory for the Australians despite Younis Khan's 175* takes them to a 3-0 series victory​

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
The author is a medical student and an avid fan of Pakistan cricket.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

1. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
      Hes been back to cricket for well over 1 and a half years now bro. That 5 year excuse no longer applied. He is bang average like the rest of our pace Arsenal

2. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
      Yasir Shah admitted leg-side field was his idea.

He has struggled to be consistent. Can't keep blaming Miabah.

3. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
      Misbah captaincy was worse than Yousaf in 2009.

So many easy singles and fielders at boundary so early in a test much. Facepalm. Very very defensive tactics.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

4. shainz

shainz Talented

Apr 8, 2012
      It's now proved beyond doubt that these uae bunnies cannot play outside uae these cement tracks have killed Pakistani cricket to its silent death totally a B grade bowling attack RIP

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using Tapatalk

5. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
      Is it a crime to bowl a flippin yorker

6. ahmedwaqas92

ahmedwaqas92 Youngsta Beauty

Jan 1, 2017
      It's as if the clocks reset on every Australian Tour and then we all put on our thinking cap to rebuild for another half a decade only to be absolutely dismantled after another have a decade or so.

The Cycle continues......

7. ahmedwaqas92

Jan 1, 2017
      Imran 'The Great' Khan will troll everyone by picking up late order wickets and keep his Lillee-esque average alive for a genuine comeback :p

Lad's pulling a Shoaib Malik to be honest :)

8. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
      Lol there goes the aggressive Sharjeel for 4

9. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
      There goes the best batting talent of the decade. I wud have preferred Rizwan over him. And Sharjeel z a disaster for Test cricket.

10. shainz

shainz Talented

Apr 8, 2012
      Babar azam really feel bad that he hasn't lived up to his potential

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using Tapatalk

11. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
      Agreed. He needs just a good ball outside offstump

12. ahmedwaqas92

Jan 1, 2017
      Why is this even surprising to be honest !?!? Did we really think Sharjeel would become the 'aggressive' find of the decade for the test team ??

I mean you'd have to be either a T20 fanatic or an absolute Noob to even fathom a scenario where Sharjeel, who has non-existent defense, would survive more than 20 balls during a test match and that too in Australia.

We chopped a 20 year old boy who had literally faced, with relative success, the most horrifying tours first up in his career with;....wait for it...... a Rantunga like cutter and puller who doesn't have the fitness nor the batting credentials to last one hour in the longer format !!!

[CLAPPING FOR] Mr. Micky Arthur and our 'Hero Selector' Inzi bhai - Well done guys !!

13. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
      Tuk tuk by Azhar yet again. What a boring batsman. Outdated.

14. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
      Azhar and Asad r not match winners at all. Will never match YK. Not great investments.

15. ahmedwaqas92

Jan 1, 2017
      Well at least they hang around more than 5 mins on the crease and end up scoring hundreds and double hundreds in the process. I'd take that, every day / seven days a week, over someone who hit's a boundary and is made to look like a Junior cricketer the next ball.

Also whatever happened to 'The Choosen One aka Babar 'Akmal' Azam' ? wasn't he supposed to be our best bat overseas. A real shame since tuk tukkers like Azhar and Shafiq are outscoring, the next best thing, since sliced bread by a country stretch of a mile.

16. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
      V dont need any hanging around. And so what if Azhar and Asad outscored him? No one won us a match.

17. ahmedwaqas92

Jan 1, 2017
      Err..... I beg your pardon ?? Can I know how do you plan on scoring runs in alien conditions when a batsman is not even willing to spend adequate time in the middle ??

The simple fact of the matter is that we get to play in such conditions once in every half a decade, which in itself, is an absolute farce but to say that our batsman shouldn't be willing to occupy the crease before going all Gung Ho on the bowlers is an extremely flawed logic to say the least.

There is a reason why Asad and Azhar are scoring and someone like a Babar is made to look like an U-19 player for the last 5 innings. Also this comparing of batsmen to the Aussie counterparts is facepalm worthy to be honest; we are playing against blokes who practically grew up in these grounds knowing well and truly of how the pitch behaves and what type of strategies to employ for visiting teams - It's basically like a 50-60% head start in a game.

Having said that, the fact that we almost pulled off a herculean chase in the first game and racked up 450 in the second game, prior to that insane collapse, is spectacularly noteworthy for a team that does not even have 50% of the resources it's predecessors had and they couldn't even manage a series win.... EVER !!

.............Sigh.................. Yes cricket is an individualistic game that can only have a definitive result if one of the ELEVEN PEOPLE INVOLVED in the game make their mind to help the team cross the line.

Had the remaining 'shupershtars' made 50 percent of the contribution Azhar and Asad have made all throughout this series, we wouldn't necessarily be 0-2 right now !!

18. Don Duckman

Don Duckman Tracer Bullet

Apr 7, 2014
      Younis Khan about to score a double hundred. Mark my words.

19. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
      Cartwright is Steve Waugh type bowler.

20. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    21. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    22. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
      Good going by Younis khan. 50 for him

23. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    24. ahmedwaqas92

Jan 1, 2017
      Uncle YK about to score his maiden double for the tour !! The legend all set for a big one apparently !!

25. saiyan0321

saiyan0321 Cornered Tiger

Oct 5, 2014
      I myself am against sweeping changes ( taking out four to five players) as all they do is create issues in the team plus we don't have the patience with a rapid change which requires losses as well giving long chances. For example we have fans trying to change 6-8 players after each tour bcz they failed. Quite frankly we need to see over all progress of the team to find out who has struggled to perform. Wahab riaz comes to mind. Wahab as you stated has been given a long shot and I would say that I adore strikers and understand their high economy rates but the Hugh strike rates and lack of wickets places a huge concern. Wahab is there as a reverse swinging speedster striker. That's his role. This " rattles batsmen" and " X factor" is rubbish said by posters who want to keep him in the team. He has time and time again has been highlighted as a player who enjoys overseas and bounce yet he has struggled overseas and is currently ( according to he himself) at the best place for him yet his performance has been below par.

Yes amir has been below par but quite frankly he has been the best of the lot ( like a student in a group failures who got the highest mark. Relative success ). The massive disapointment that majority believed he would be wasim akram 2.0.

Then we have yasir. Yes yasir has been disappointing and has showcased on a pitch without assistance he is a bowling machine only but in UAE and spin friendly conditions he can be devastating. Our best bowler and attack option and this tour doesn't change that.

Rahat. I am done with this guy. How is one expected to bowl without any sense in bowling.

Either of rahat or wahab.

Imran and sohail have been rotated as you said. In sohail's case. The guy is unfit.

We need to make some changes. The thing is I don't know who to try out. Next is the indies tour so we should try out new bowling options.

Our bowling has been declining for some time but our new found ability of flat track bullying and scoring big scores has hidden their faults.

26. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
      And people want Younis to retire. ‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    28. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
      113 runs partnership between Azhar & Younis

29. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
      End of Day 2 - Pakistan 126/2 still trailing by 412 runs

30. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
      Good recovery by Azhar and Younis. Long way to go and a lot depends on how the other batters play too. Ideally we should get very close to the Aussie score if we bat all day tomorrow.

31. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
      What has Amir done? Imran Khan has only bowled one in innings

32. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
      Lets hope so, even if 100 will become only cricketer in existence to score a 100 in every country he has played in which is some achievement. Besides the only two teams he also does not have a double century against is South Africa and West Indies. People will still bring up a flat pitch and trundlers igoring the failure of wonderboy at number 3

33. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
      Younis all set for a double.

34. ahmedwaqas92

Jan 1, 2017
      I think you mistook me for an Amirtard.... Apart from Yasir I don't rate this bowling lineup at all !!

35. Don Duckman

Don Duckman Tracer Bullet

Apr 7, 2014
      Once set, he scores big. I think he has the same number of fifties and centuries. To get set, he needs to face weaker bowlers, especially spinners. He did so today because Azhar shielded him. If you bowl him good fast bowlers on both ends at the start of his innings, he gets out more often than not. Smith made the mistake of put spinners on, now he is going to pay for it.

36. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
      expecting YK to shine one last time down under

37. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
      Younis Khan currently on 9853 career runs... lets pray he reaches 10k mark tomorrow inshAllah

38. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
      Bat and carry on batting.

39. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
      Even Azhar was better than Yasir :D

Yasir z only good for Asia and America.

40. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012