Australia Tour Of South Africa 2018

Discussion in 'Match Archive' started by chandtara, Feb 19, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Fixtures -

Thu Feb 22 - Sat Feb 24 10:00 local (08:00 GMT)
    Cricket South Africa Invitation XI v Australia Willowmoore Park, Benoni LIVE

Thu Mar 1 - Mon Mar 5 10:00 local (08:00 GMT)
    1st Test - South Africa v Australia Kingsmead, Durban LIVE

Fri Mar 9 - Tue Mar 13 10:00 local (08:00 GMT)
    2nd Test - South Africa v Australia St George's Park, Port Elizabeth LIVE

Thu Mar 22 - Mon Mar 26 10:00 local (08:00 GMT)
    3rd Test - South Africa v Australia Newlands, Cape Town LIVE

Fri Mar 30 - Tue Apr 3 10:00 local (08:00 GMT | 09:00 BST)
    4th Test - South Africa v Australia New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg LIVE

2. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Sayers to face up to role model Philander

Chadd Sayers will get the chance to emulate his international role model Vernon Philander in the South African's backyard after injury ruled Jackson Bird out of the Australian touring party that leaves on Thursday for four Tests in March and April.

Bird's hamstring strain meant a call to Sayers from the selection chairman Trevor Hohns, for a shorter and happier conversation than the previous exchange about why the South Australian had been left out in the first place. Having been granted a ticket to South Africa through one injury, Sayers is realistic about the fact it would most likely take another during the series to see him debut.

However he is eager to demonstrate - on South African pitches likely to aid seamers - that his ultra-consistent, stump-to-stump fast-medium with a hint of movement through the air and off the pitch can do the sort of job for Australia that Philander has done for the Proteas over the past seven years, starting with a memorable series against Australia in 2011.

"I've been watching him ever since he started [in 2011], I guess [we are] similar bowlers," Sayers said of Philander. "Not the fiery big quicks and just put the ball on the spot and let that do the talking. I've been watching his career so far and I'll keep doing that while I'm over there. I think as we all know the three big quicks are going to get the first crack as always and they've been going brilliantly over the last series, so I think I'll be waiting for an injury, but I'll be over there now and putting my best foot forward.

"Watching the previous Test series against India, they spice up the wickets a little bit, which would be nice, but obviously there are some water issues going on at the moment over there. By all reports they're going to dish up some green seamers, which would be nice. [South Africa] play their conditions really well, they've got a fiery pace attack, complemented by Vernon, and their batting is brilliant as well. So it's going to be tough over there in their conditions to win a series but I think we've got the firepower to do that."

Australia's captain Steven Smith, whom Sayers dismissed cheaply on a grassy Adelaide Oval pitch in their one Sheffield Shield encounter this season, said the 30-year-old was an awkward proposition because he attacked the stumps consistently. "It's disappointing for Jackson, but it's exciting for Chadd at the same time," Smith said. "It's like-for-like, they're both pretty similar. They both stand the seam up nicely and Chadd's been rewarded for what he's done in Shield cricket over the last couple of years.

"He's very accurate, he knows what he's doing, he stands the seam up. If there's anything in the wicket, he'll certainly get everything out of it. He's a difficult one, because he's so short, not many balls go over the stumps, which makes him a pretty handy proposition when the ball is seaming around. It's a good selection."

Having previously toured New Zealand in 2016 and then been part of Australian squads for Adelaide Tests in each of the past two years, Sayers has been rewarded for his overall body of bowling work rather than recent results in particular. Having had to claim an enormous amount of wickets at every level for recognition whether claiming 65 wickets at 8.63 in Adelaide club competition in 2010-11 to get a Redbacks debut, or taking 62 at 19 in the Sheffield Shield last summer, the irony of his inclusion this week, after a wicketless match against Victoria, was not lost on Sayers.

"It's just worked out like that, it wasn't the best timing to go out and take none-for, but I'm feeling good and feeling like if I get a chance, I'll do well," Sayers said. "Probably the performance I put in with no wickets I probably second-guessed myself a bit. I'm still bowling as well as I was at the start of the year, it's just that I didn't get the rewards this game.

"I just think I've got to do what I've been doing at Shield level. I can't go away from what's been working for me, so if I get the chance I'll just do what I've been doing."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22414122/chadd-sayers-face-role-model-vernon-philander

3. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Refreshed Steve Smith relishes facing South Africa's pace attack in Australia's away Tests

A refreshed Australia captain Steve Smith is looking forward to the challenge of taking on South Africa's fast bowlers in a four-Test series starting in Durban on March 1.

His sentiment may not be shared by the tailenders of both teams, though.

When Australia beat England 4-0 in their recent home Ashes series, the tourists' lower order was blown away by aggressive short-pitched bowling from pace trio Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins.

Smith said on Saturday he expected his bowlers to "go down a similar path" in South Africa, even though the hosts have the firepower to hit back through Kagiso Rabada, Morne Morkel and new find Lungi Ngidi.

"There could be some good short-pitched bowling from both sides, to the batters, to the tail, everyone from both sides," Smith said. "I think it's great. I'm excited by it. You love coming up against the best bowlers around the world.

"The batters should be looking forward to this series. You love coming up against good pace. I think it's going to be a fantastic series for the viewers to watch."

Smith took a break from cricket after a one-day international series against England at the end of January. He said he realised he needed the rest when he did not even want to pick up a bat. "But five or six days ago I wanted to do it again," he said.

Smith said he was aware of Australia's proud record of not having lost a Test series in South Africa on seven tours in the modern era. "It means a lot. Coming to South Africa you have the most similar conditions to Australia. This is going to be a good challenge to keep that record up."

The Australia captain said a series defeat at home to South Africa in November 2016 had been a low point for Australian cricket. "It'll be great if we can turn the tide here in South Africa."

The Australians will play against South Africa A in a three-day match starting in Benoni on Thursday before moving on to Durban to prepare for the first Test.

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/cr...ace-attack-in-australia-s-away-tests-1.705595

4. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    SA expecting close to full strength squad for Australia Tests

South Africa expect to be back at full strength - or something very close to it - when they begin a four-Test series against Australia next week. Four players from the team that faced India in the Proteas' last Test - Faf du Plessis, AB de Villiers, Vernon Philander and Quinton de Kock - have all been waylaid by injuries this month, but Cricket South Africa's is committee are confident that they will recover in time for the first Test in Durban on March 1.

Of the four players, du Plessis' injury was the most concerning. The batsman fractured his right index finger in the first ODI against India at the beginning of February, and the prognosis was that he would need three to six weeks to recover. Meanwhile de Villiers missed the first three ODIs after injuring the same finger in the third Test against India, while de Kock was hit on the left wrist during the second ODI.

Philander was not part of the ODI series, but incurred a problem at the back of his ankle after playing a one-day game for his franchise, the Cobras, at the end of January. He has not taken part in the two rounds of Sunfoil Series since then, but has returned to bowling training with high performance coach Vincent Barnes in the past week.

"AB will be fit for the Australia series," Dr Shuaib Manjra, the head of the medical committee, told Cricbuzz. "We rested him from the T20s so that he would be ready for the Tests. He got hit on the knee with a ball and his finger was a bit finicky so we decided to allow him to recover correctly.

"Faf is on his way to recovery and should be ready for the first Test. Quinton de Kock will also be ready as we see it, and Vernon Philander is coming along nicely as well. We see all four of them coming back for the first Australia Test."

Two players who have been part of the South African setup that are unlikely to be among the squad when it is named later this week are Dale Steyn and Temba Bavuma. The batsman fractured a finger during a franchise game in January and is not expected to recover before the first Test, leaving an in-form Theunis de Bruyn as the likely back-up batsman.

Steyn broke down with a heel injury during the first Test against India, which was his first match for South Africa in 14 months. "He's ahead of his rehab at the moment," said Dr Manjra. "He's been running comfortably without pain, but he'll probably need a couple more weeks before he's there. We would want Dale to play at least one, preferably two (Sunfoil Series) games before he comes back for the national team."

That would ideally see Steyn turn out for the Titans in a four-day match against the Warriors that begins on the same day as the first Test. Should he miss that fixture, his next opportunity to prove his fitness would be in a Sunfoil Series game in Paarl on March 15, which ends just four days before the third Test between South Africa and Australia at Newlands.

While the rest of the fast bowlers are fit, Dr Manjra admitted that Kagiso Rabada's workload "is a concern", given that he has played four Tests and six ODIs since Boxing Day. However Rabada is not part of South Africa's Twenty20 squad that is playing three matches against India, and it is hoped that the two-week rest will allow him to recharge before another demanding Test series.

"He's been carrying a load for a while. We're monitoring his bowling load though and if he hits the 'red zone' then we'll pull him out. He should have enough rest before the Australia series. His body is holding up to the load," said Dr Manjra.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-new...f-du-plessis-quinton-de-kock-vernon-philander

5. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  6. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    SA's recipe to tame Australia: prepare 'slower' pitches

After putting in specific instructions for pace and bounce for the Test series against India, South Africa have asked, not demanded, that their groundsmen prepare good cricket pitches that lean towards the slower side for the four-Test series against Australia starting Thursday in Durban.

After only getting what they wanted once at Newlands during India's tour, South Africa have not only toned down the severity of their requests, but have turned them the other way. They don't want green tops for this series - keeping in mind, perhaps, the strength of Australia's pace pack - but are instead keen on surfaces that could even take some turn. South Africa see that as their best chance of beating Australia in a home series for the first time since readmission.

This is partly why coastal cities have been awarded three of the four Tests, because they usually assist the quicks a little less than surfaces on the Highveld. Russell Domingo, who was still South Africa's head coach when the schedule was announced, explained at the time that the team had identified Australia's struggle against spin - they had just lost in India and Bangladesh.

But South Africa are being careful with how much slowness they're asking for, because they've already been made to rue their requests more than once this summer. "Everybody knows what happened at the Wanderers, so we've left the groundsmen to prepare the best possible pitches that they can this time," head coach Ottis Gibson said after the final T20I against India on Saturday.

Leaving the groundsmen to do their job has long been suggested as the best way to get balanced pitches. This time around, even the pre-series meeting between them and captain Faf du Plessis hasn't taken place. Further, some groundstaff have complained about a lack of proper equipment and training but they haven't been heard by CSA yet. This has left some officials worried about the quality and standard of pitches in the future. However with South Africa's expectations for the Australia series in alignment with how conditions normally are at this time of the season, it may not be a too much of a problem just yet.

There is a fair amount of wear on almost all the surfaces around the country, having been in use since September. Newlands and Wanderers have already hosted a Test, an ODI and two T20s, St George's Park hosted a Test (albeit one that lasted one-and-half-days) and an ODI. Only Kingsmead in Durban is fresh; it's been required for only one ODI at the start of February.

The ongoing drought issues in Cape Town that have forced cancellation of all club fixtures for the second half of the summer and have diminished opportunities for a grassy surface. This could make things tricky for Evan Flint, the Newlands groundsman, especially if a tournament like the Global T20 is added to an already packed cricket calendar.

"Around the country, pitches are old and need replacing and when you do that, you have do to them one at a time," Flint told ESPNcricinfo. "We only use the three pitches in the middle for televised games, so those get used a lot and very rarely replaced. I think we should really start to think about drop-in pitches because then we also provide the team with exactly what they want when they want it."

While Flint is in du Plessis' good books after his Test pitch provided seam movement against India, he wasn't exactly thrilled with his work and aims to produce a more balanced pitch in future. "It was the least controversial pitch but I don't think it was that good. It was too one-sided towards the bowlers," he said. "We've been discussing preparing good cricket pitches and they won't mind if they are a bit on the slow side. That's sort of where we are at anyway, because we're late in the season. And a pitch of that description doesn't require freshness. It should be a good series."

That's what we're all hoping.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22591020/prepare-slower-pitches

7. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Pacemen promise bruising Test series

The pace attacks of South Africa and Australia are preparing to slug it out for supremacy in what is likely to be a bruising four-Test series over the next five weeks.

The countries will pin their hopes of victory on their quicks with seamer friendly wickets on order for the Tests in Durban, Port Elizabeth, Cape Town and Johannesburg, and the contests set to be dominated by fiery exchanges of fast bowling.

The series between the world's second and third-ranked teams starts on Thursday with the first Test at Kingsmead in Durban and both countries brimming with confidence after success in their last respective series.

South Africa's bowlers struck fear into India in their opening two Tests in January before the tourists settled in and won a consolation game in the three-match series.

This was achieved without injury-plagued veteran Dale Steyn but Morne Morkel, Vernon Philander and Kagiso Rabada proved a potent trio, supplemented by the arrival on the Test scene of 21-year-old Lungi Ngidi.

He took nine wickets in the last two Tests against India at an average of 17.22 and reached speeds of 150 km/h.

Australia produced record-breaking bowling performances as they thumped England 4-0 in the five-Test Ashes series from November to January. Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood and Mitchell Starc took 20 or more wickets each, as did spinner Nathan Lyon.

"I think there's always a couple of series a year the whole cricketing world turns to and it feels like this series is going to be one," said Cummins after Australia won a three-day warm-up against South Africa A at the weekend.

"I feel like we play a similar brand of cricket, both try and be quite aggressive and brave and take the game on. And both teams have some fast bowlers that want to ... intimidate the batsmen."

Batting reputations will be tested with Australia captain Steve Smith the primary target for the home bowlers and the hosts looking to exploit some indifferent form of late displayed by talisman AB de Villiers for the South Africans.

An injury to his right index finger has kept De Villiers out for the last two weeks, along with captain Faf du Plessis who has a finger injury of his own to add to recent back ailments.

But both are in the South Africa squad for the first two Tests and will be the mainstay of the home batting lineup.

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/cr...pacemen-promise-bruising-test-series-1.708399

8. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Lyon awaits chance to shine on slow South Africa surfaces

Nathan Lyon is preparing to play a more central role in the forthcoming Test series than on either of his past two visits to South Africa - not only because he has grown enormously as a bowler since then, but also because the hosts have requested slower surfaces that take some turn to counter the spectre of Australia's "big three" quicks.

As a former member of Adelaide Oval's ground staff, Lyon is well and truly acquainted with the fact that Australia are famed for denying ever asking for specific pitch conditions from home surfaces, in contrast to the trend for pitches made to the home side's order in other parts of the world. The extremes of this state of affairs were witnessed in South Africa's previous Test series - against India - when the Wanderers strip in Johannesburg was so spiteful as to have the batsman Dean Elgar suggesting the match should have been called off.

This time around, the pitches are not expected to offer that much in the way of assistance for seamers, given how South Africa noted the way Australia have struggled on slower surfaces in recent times, whether it be a sluggish seaming surface in England in 2015 or spinning decks in Asia for many years. Either way, Lyon said the visitors were now used to adapting to a landscape where their opponents have the ground staff at their disposal.

"It is what it is these days, you see it all around the world," Lyon said in Durban. "In Australia we don't do it, I know that for a fact. I know all the curators in Australia would tell us where to go if we asked to suggest to take all the grass off it to make it spin more.

"Both teams are going to have to play on it, they're a quality team and we're just going to have to assess the conditions and go from there.

"It's the same for both sides, not like its changing between innings. I'm expecting flatter wickets than they had for the India series, especially with the bowling attacks floating around, they're probably the best in the world, in my eyes, going head to head, so it's going to be one hell of a series, that's for sure."

Given the pace bowling resources of the two sides, Lyon said he was expecting the cricket to be somewhat more vibrant than the attritional brand seen during the recent Ashes series. "If you look at both sides, there's going to be times in the game where patience is going to play a massive role, but there's going to be times where both bowling attacks are going at their batters and their bowlers are going to be going at our batters," Lyon said.

"It's going to be big moments in the game where you're going to assess them and try to either come out on top in those big moments or try to minimise the damage in those big moments. It's just about identifying those things as quickly as possible. One thing Australia will do is pay South Africa a lot of respect. They are one hell of a side, so it's going to be a great series, but it's just about trying to identify those big moments in a big series and either minimise them or maximise them when they're going well for us."

Lyon's confidence in Australia's ability to play the "big moments" well has been enhanced by the way the team has rebuilt since losing to South Africa at home in 2016-17. "I think the whole Australian side is in a better place," Lyon said.

"There's been a big change since the last time South Africa were out in Australia and you've got to give them credit, they totally outplayed us in our own conditions, which didn't really go down well with myself personally or the whole side. I know we've spoken about coming over here and really enjoyed coming over here in the last couple of series I've been over here, had some success, but we're not going to take that for granted. We're not expecting automatic success.

"My bowling doesn't change too much, I am very confident in my stock ball at the moment and in my consistency, so I am not going to be changing too much," Lyon said. "It is going to be a great challenge for myself coming up against some of the best batters in the world. To be honest with you I think the best batsmen in the nets face me every day in the nets. Bowling to Smithy every day, the number one batsman in the world, trying to take you down."

In 2011, Lyon was playing in only his second series after his debut in Sri Lanka. He duly lived through the traumas of Australia's violent defeat in Cape Town, then played a vital role opposite the emergent Pat Cummins in Johannesburg with the ball, before being the most nervous man at the Wanderers as the teenaged Cummins clumped the winning runs to square the series.

"The way he worked over a couple of the best batsmen in the world he had a pretty amazing Test debut," Lyon said. "But Pat is a totally different bowler now. He's smarter but he's just as quick. He uses his bouncer a lot more efficiently.

"In my eyes, Pat is one of the best bowlers in the world. He's quick and he hits that length but he is an X-factor as well. His whole game as an athletic player in the field and his batting is going from strength to strength. He is working his way up to being the complete player in my eyes. It's exciting times for Pat."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...waits-chance-shine-slow-south-africa-surfaces

9. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Elgar wants SA to continue playing four quicks

Dean Elgar wants South Africa to unleash all four of their frontline quicks against Australia. The opening batsman has also stressed the need for a slower bowler to change the pace in the upcoming four-Test series.

"I'd like to see all the [fast] bowlers play and the spinner," Elgar said. "I think against Australia you potentially need to slow the game down, which they probably aren't used to. So a guy like Keshav [Maharaj] has played well against them in the past, so he'll play a big part in the series. Whether we play more quicks than what we usually do or less is up to the captain, coach and selectors."

The South African squad includes four quicks - Vernon Philander, Morne Morkel, Kagiso Rabada and Lungi Ngidi - and young allrounder Willem Mulder. While Elgar played down the possibility of a debutant, saying the starting XI for the first Test would likely be "stock standard". he would like the quartet of quicks to play, thereby continuing the strategy Ottis Gibson has employed since the India series.

Gibson is a fast-bowling-minded coach and has changed South Africa's team composition to a 6-5 balance, with only half-a-dozen specialist batsmen including the wicketkeeper. Previously, during the Gary Kirsten and Russell Domingo eras, South Africa regularly fielded seven specialist batsmen, but towards the end of Domingo's days shifted slightly to six batsmen, an allrounder, three quicks and a spinner. Gibson also tried the allrounder against Bangladesh but then opted for four out-and-out quicks for the first two Tests against India. The third Test, at the Wanderers in late January, saw four quicks and an allrounder with Maharaj sitting out, further emphasising his penchant for pace power.

Given that the Australia series is being talked up as a battle between the two bowling attacks, it might be tempting for South Africa to go in all guns blazing and field five quicks. But on coastal wickets at the end of the summer, which should be slightly slower than usual, Maharaj is almost certain to be included and Elgar believes both he and Nathan Lyon will play a big part in the series.

"I think either way they (spinners) are going to have an influence in the Tests, even if it's holding up an end or trying to be attacking, which some surfaces might allow," he said. "It is a bit of a battle of the seamers, but there is a world-class spinner in both sides, so it's going to be exciting Test cricket."

The real selection question then is whether South Africa play four quicks alongside Maharaj or if they feel they need to strengthen the batting against an Australian attack even Elgar is talking up. "They're a vastly developed bowling attack," Elgar said. "[Mitchell] Starc and [Josh] Hazlewood have been there for many a year and have honed their skills in different formats. Then there's a guy like [Pat] Cummins who is good for the game because every time he has risen up he got injured. It's good to see him staying in the game longer than usual."

South Africa have three reserve batsmen in the squad - Temba Bavuma, Theunis de Bruyn and Heinrich Klaasen - all of whom have proven themselves. While Bavuma has been injured this year, he played two of his most noteworthy and nuggety innings against Australia in Perth and Hobart on South Africa's tour in 2016-17, de Bruyn is coming off two big scores - 190 and 83 - in three first-class games earlier this month and Klaasen came to the fore in the limited-overs series against India. Any of the three could slot into the middle order.

Bavuma and de Bruyn are probably ahead of Klaasen in the queue but Klaasen's presence is of particular interest because he is also the reserve wicketkeeper and Quinton de Kock has been out of form and injured. De Kock's highest score in eight innings across all formats against India was 43 and he was dismissed in single figures four times in six Test innings. He has not scored a Test fifty in 14 innings since July last year and though both coach and captain have given him a vote of confidence, de Kock knows he now has a challenger. But that person, Klaasen, is unlikely to play as soon as the first Test, where South Africa will back their big names to come good.

Elgar, Hashim Amla, AB de Villiers and Faf du Plessis will form the spine of the line-up and young opener Aiden Markram will have a chance to test himself against a strong attack again. After two hundreds in his first three Tests against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, Makram had one significant score against India in six innings, 94 at SuperSport Park. He was then thrust into ODI leadership and under his watch, South Africa lost the series 5-1, with Markram unable to get past 32 in the series.

Gibson has admitted something was amiss with Markram and he was batting unlike the player he had first seen earlier in the summer. Now, he will hope Markram has dealt with the disappointment of his first taste of international captaincy and the dip in his own form and is ready to partner Elgar in giving South Africa strong starts in what is set to be a big series.

"It's very important for him to clear his mind," Elgar said. "He's had seven to 10 days off which is potentially good for him given what happened in the ODIs. But Aiden has got a strong head and he will take in a lot of information. It's important for him to use what info is going to strengthen his game. It's always tough to see a guy go through that but Aiden is massively talented and is a cricketer for SA's future. He'll bounce back. He's putting in a lot of hard yards. I think he realises he can't take his talent for granted. It's almost like you have to overprepare at this level."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22594927/dean-elgar-wants-sa-continue-playing-four-quicks

10. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Australia won the toss & batting first.

Lost an early wicket. 33/1

11. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    I expect Aus to trounce SA. Their record there is great.

12. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    If I remember reading correctly I don’t think they have ever lost a series against them in South Africa. Crazy stat

13. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Sultan of Swing

Sep 22, 2012
    105-3. Smith and Marsh batting.

14. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    I remember reading how Australia have never lost in series in SA since 1980...madness (though im guessing like 10 years of those was spent having not played each other when SA were 'banned' from cricket?)

15. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Talented

Jul 17, 2017
    Steven Smith is scoring runs left right and centre.

Wonderful test Batsman, Has scores Runs in NZ, AUS, SAF, IND, ENG, SRI.

Proper champion batsman.

16. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Smith on 49*

Is he ever going to get out of form lol

17. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Maharaj takes the BIG wicket of Smith for 56

18. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Marsh brothers at the crease.

Aus 156/4

19. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Lyon wobbles SA after M Marsh's 96

Tea South Africa 55 for 3 (De Villiers 16*) trail Australia 351 (M Marsh 96, Smith 56, Warner 51, Maharaj 5-123, Philander 3-59) by 296 runs

20. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Aussies on top here

De Villiers fighting strong

21. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Saffers look broken. Their batting is way too fragile. This team is in decline it seems.

22. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Talented

Jul 17, 2017
    Hope Saffers loose 4-0.

They deserve to loose convincingly.

23. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Saffers being made to look like an associate team. Its only 2nd day but they are well behind now

24. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Talented

Jul 17, 2017
    This series is the real deal.

Eng-PAK
    SAF-AUS
    IND-PAK
    AUS-ENG (In England)

generally produce good quality cricket.

25. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Why?

26. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Starc has cleaned up SA. What a bowler.

27. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Talented

Jul 17, 2017
    They just do.

28. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Talented

Jul 17, 2017
    That is what you call a big bowler.

Big players perform vs good players.

29. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    Kohli and Shastri should be kicking themselves. We really should have won the test series against these overrated mofos. Shame we lost such a big opportunity.

30. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Good partnership between Markram & deKock

31. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    SA 230/5 chasing 417 in the 4th innings.

32. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Calm down. Have you even checked the history? Aus are unbeaten in SA since the 80’s. They beat you fair and square and are far from overrated.

33. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    SA needs 135 runs with 5 wickets in hand.

34. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    If these 2 bring the target below 80 then SA can start to believe that they can win this one.

35. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    OUT! Markram. BIG wicket by Aussies.

Markram goes for 143

36. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    What a knock by Markram.

37. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Starc demolishing SA's tail

38. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
  39. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    Australia always win in South Africa lol
    I can't recall when was the last time SA won their home test series against Australia, did it ever happen ?

40. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Sultan of Swing

Sep 22, 2012
    Aussies phenomenal record in SA continues.