1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Australia v Pakistan| 1st Test | Brisbane | Nov 21-25 | (We didn't reach the total we wanted: Asad )

Discussion in 'Match Archive' started by Shahzad.Firdous, Nov 8, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    pak batting first...

2. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    1 Shan Masood, 2 Azhar Ali (capt), 3 Haris Sohail, 4 Babar Azam, 5 Asad Shafiq, 6 Iftikhar Ahmed, 7 Mohammad Rizwan (wk), 8 Yasir Shah, 9 Shaheen Afridi, 10 Imran Khan, 11 Naseem Shah

glad to see no imam. although this is Shan's weakest format, so as per usual they will ruin his ability to play in his strongest format, odis.

look forward to seeing Naseem bowl in about three hours.

3. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    refreshing not to see crap like amir in the line up too.

4. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Might regret leaving out Abbas

Azhar- “He is or number 1 bowler but sometimes form takes over. We felt these bowlers are doing the job”

Makes no sense

5. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    I sup[pose its difficult to drop Imran when hes just taken a fifer, and Abbas has been pretty lacklustre of late hasn't he? not sure I think its too bad a decision, I wouldn't have minded whichever of the two played to be honest.

6. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    I would have played Abbas over Yasir Shah here. Abbas is a class bowler who would have gotten some top order wickets.

7. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Need at least 300 on the board.

8. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Partnership broken by Starc. Yasir goes for 26

9. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Asad needs to get a move on now.

The rest of the tail won't stay with him for long.

10. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    thanks for jinxing him

11. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    looks like only Azhar, Shafiq can bat in this line up

12. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    LOL the tail blown away in no time.

13. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Pakistan 240 all out.

14. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Below par score by Pak. Need a strong bowling performance

15. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Mods are sleeping...

Title is still pre match thread lol

16. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Same old story in Aus

17. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    that is actually a better score than i expected from 125-5.

18. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    This will be a very close game if Pakistan manage to match Australian 2nd innings total in the 3rd innings!!

19. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Slightly better

20. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Massive IF

21. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    I seriously believe we can win this test match, if not this one then next one for sure!! This one will go down to wire massive if we post runs on the board in 3rd innings. Pitch will go flat in 2nd and 3rd innings~ Need to bowl out / restrict Australia to around 400 and then put those runs on the board and then ask Australia to chase them in 4th innings! Its difficult but doable! Even if they dont win this test match, they will win next one for sure in my opinion and create history!! Abbas will be back in the next game in my opinion. Imran Khan will sit out for him. Musa Khan will replace Naseem Shah in 2nd test lineup. Shaheen will play both tests for left arm angle.

22. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    If not the next one, then which one?

23. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    This Pakistani team is massively under-prepared in my opinion! No test cricket for a year, arriving in Australia playing 3 t20s and just 2 practice games and now tests. Adjusting to bounce takes time. It should have been atleast a 3 test series so that Pakistan could make a comeback in the series and win it. First test is obviously difficult in these conditions particularly for batsmen and also for bowlers. Takes time to adjust to bounce of Aussie pitches. Once you are adjusted, you learn how to play. If it was a 3 test series, Pakistan would win it cus this Aussie team is not as strong as previous Aussie teams, its heavily reliant on top 3 and sooner or later, they are going to fail!! They cant deliver all the time!! Yasir Shah will get the better of them and Iftikhar will also have a role to play on 4th and 5th day! Its good that Pakistan are batting 1st in this match, 240 would be a tough score to chase in 4th innings if Pakistan manage to post runs on the board in 3rd and restrict Aus in 2nd~~ Ahiste ahiste cheezein behter hoti hein foran sab kuch theek nahi ho jata!!

24. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Pakistan is good enough to whitewash Aus in all formats in Australia! Pakistan ko agar utni opportunity mile jitni india ko milti hai to Aus ko har format mein har jaga whitewash kare itni achi team hai Pakistan aur Coach jab Misbah jaisa ho to aur kiya chahye!! Misbah wasted a golden opportunity last time to beat Aus in Aus!! Yasir Shah ne dhoka de diya tha but is baar dhoka nahi de ga Yasir!! Last time hype buhat thi! Is baar woh apne groove mein settle hoga and take his time!! Yasir Shah needs a long bowling!!

25. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Pakistan Australia jaata hai to humein sirf 2 test milte hein jabke India wahan jata hai to 5 test ki series khelta hai 5 ke 5 haarta hai zaleel ho kar aata hai aur phir kehte hein Pakistani batting strong nahi!! Pakistani batting to last 10 years mein Pakistan ki strength rahi hai aur bowling se acha perform kiya hai batting ne!!

26. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
    We could've easily crossed 300 if any of Harris, Babar or uncle Iffi would've bothered to stay at the crease a bit longer.

I was more worried about how our openers would do against new ball, but amazingly they did really well. Its the middle order who flunked. Its unbelievable that 5 were down at 94, what a shame !!!

27. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Actually at one point we were 5 down at 94 :mad:

28. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    After being 74-0

Lakh lanat

29. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Indeed, this tells me that they got relaxed and comfortable.

30. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Don't need anyone's appreciation: Shafiq

"I'm not worried about my performances being underrated or underplayed as playing for Pakistan is an honour for me,” said Shafiq. “I don't need anyone else's appreciation, if I am playing for Pakistan, that's enough for me."

The 33-year-old believes that Pakistan has a competitive total on the board and their bowlers can put up a good challenge against Australian batsmen.

"We didn't reach the total we wanted, but we got a respectable total. With the bowling unit we have, we'll put up a good fight," he said. "The position we were in, 240 is a good score. It's not easy for batting if we bowl in good areas, we can get wickets with the new ball.”

“We need to give credit to the Australian bowlers, they gave no freebies especially with the new ball so we couldn't score freely," he added.

Shafiq was happy to find an able ally in lower-order batsman Yasir Shah as they stitched an 84-run stand.

"We lost quick wickets in the middle order so I was trying to build a partnership and bat deep. By coincidence, it's again here (in Brisbane) and I'm performing well,” he said. "Yasir batted really well, we were in trouble and needed a partnership. We knew that and he responded well and the partnership helped us."

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/dont-need-anyones-appreciation-shafiq

31. Del

Dec 21, 2016
  32. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Question guys, where this game has been live stream?

33. Del

Dec 21, 2016
  34. Del

Dec 21, 2016
  35. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Harris and Babar needs to learn how to LEAVE balls in test cricket. For that, you need know you stumps and DONT play the ball which is balled on 4th/5th stump line. Until they learn this, they wouldnt be successful.

Babar played, very, very lose shot and Harris looked very relaxed and lazy we usual. I get this impression that he is somebody know is not only lazy but get relaxed very easily in no time, you cant do that in TEST, specially in AUS.

36. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    no youngster yet...!

37. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    Imran khan first ball induces an edge that just falls short of the keeper.

38. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Bowling pies. Too easy for Aus.

39. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Going to be a long day in the field boys

40. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Naseem Shah first delivery 145kph