Azhar Ali - 5/34 off 7 overs

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Fireworks11, May 11, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Azhar in fine form with the ball for Somerset in the One Day Cup in England. I see a few Googlies being delivered also.

2. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    I'm telling ya, bring him in World cup.

I've seen talent in Ajjus bowling, in Australia he bowled well.

Azhar or Imam?

Azhar any day.

3. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    seems to have improved his bowling. Can’t do much worse than Yasir or even Shadab. Plus will give cushion to the batting.

4. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Shadab is overrated don't you think?

Has he lost that special googly? We all know Pakistan batsman feel pressure in crunch situations, maybe Imam or Fakhar has 60 average but when you only need a 40 they won't be able to deliver also as we know our number three is his own enemy.

5. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    shadab has been quite average recently. Even his PSL wasn’t anything special.

Azhar isn’t a bad option, he’s solid and in good form with the bat also, hit a hundred the other day. However, unless injuries occur I doubt Azhar will even be considered.

6. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    No contest when it comes to Yasir...and I'd rather have him over Imam too tbh

Won't happen though unfortunately.

7. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Guys azhar has announced retirement from odis. Move on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    He made 71 at 101 SR today.

9. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Pretty good.

10. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
  11. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Check out those Googlies. Bowling much better than the short stuff Yasir was serving up in Southampton.

12. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Its not a case of just Azhar. Give guys like Fakhar, Haris to other teams and they will develop them into decent bowlers for limited overs.

We are stuck in the 80s mindset when it comes to reading games or fitness. Looked at Abid Ali yesterday when he was bringing drinks. Couldn't for the life of me think that he was a player and not a physio.

13. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Haris and Sarfraz are also overweight for professional cricketing standards.

14. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Yeah. Sarfaraz really stood out for me towards the end of the Pakistan innings.

15. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Interesting point. Fakhar has a 5fer against England Lions I think.

Imad (as much as he is in good form right now) and Sarfraz ruin the balance of our team. We can easily become a much better modern day side if we get Asif and Akmal in, instead of them.

Fakhar (bowling option)
    Babar (not sure what happened to his bowling, don't really need it)
    Haris (bowling option) /Imam
    Hafeez (bowling option)
    Malik (bowling option)
    Umar Akmal+
    Asif Ali
    Shadab (full quota bowler)
    Hasan (full quota bowler)
    Amir/Junaid/Shinwari (full quota bowler)
    Shaheen (full quota bowler)

Hafeez, Haris, Fakhar and Malik can easily share 10-15 overs between them and you have just as many wicket takers in this team as you do without Imad.

16. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    That's a good possibility. But what Imad has done on the Aus tour is showed he can hit big and bat relatively long. I don't the skipper will pull away from him just yet.

Honestly, it wasn't for the forced inclusion of Malik we could still get a decent ODI XI, by bringing Hafeez and Amir for Faheem and Yasir.

17. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Imad's problem is not his batting. His problem is that he can't be in the team as the 5th bowler. That's 10 overs of no wickets. Then you have Faheem, 10 more overs without wickets. Then you have Amir, 10 more overs wicketless. Then the 6th and 7th bowling options, few more overs with no wickets.

The end result is we concede 350+ like yesterday.

18. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    It seems to me that his googly is much better than Yasir's and even Shadab's (could also be because of opposition), however, he is not available anymore.

On contrary, I am wondering, why all the time those players are most valuable who are not available for selection?

Not a gibe just a thought pop's in my mind...

19. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Because we only rate players when they are out.

Did the same with Hafeez all his career. The same with Afridi.

The same with Azhar Ali now, just go back to the SA Tests, half the forum wanted him to retire.

20. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    he retired form ODIs lol

21. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Took two catches and a wicket as well. Somerset into the final.

22. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Ditto.

One of the reason we are shit because the same audience will bash selectors for bringing back TTF but at the same time presenting thosw players as messiah when out of team.

Azhar is a good player.. probably better than few in team but he doesnt make this team any better, does he ?

Besides he has called it a day in odis so what do these guys want ? An above average player take retirment back and included in a worldcup squad because it will significantly increases our chances ?

The whole argument of azhar is better than xyz and should be in place of xyz is quite moronic to be honest.

23. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Calm down guys. It’s a one-off bowlimg perf.

24. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Why has been everyone craving for him in the past few weeks due to few good performances in county.... the guy has RETIRED!

We as fans have lost our senses. We complain that some players drag their careers forever, but if they retire early then we want them back

25. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Lol stop crying. Imran Khan also retired in 1987 didn't he? Lol.

Just because he's retired it doesn't mean he can't come back out of retirement.

We need him in place of Imam. The good thing about Azhar is he is a selfless player unlike Imam who is playing for his average.

Do you want to win the World cup or not?

26. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Only one crying is you lol. Calm down.

He is history so no point crying for him to be selected.

27. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Azhar is not that significant a player that you would ask him to come out of retirement on eve of the biggest ICC Tournament.

28. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    funny you say that

iirc u were demanding PCB to include Akmal after PSL

29. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Lol first of all, lol learn how to respond to posts with some etiquette. Lol I have mentioned this to you previously as well in DRS lol, or do you need some training from me lol? I can speak the same tone with you, but trust me you won't like it lol because I'm very brutal when I take off my mod cloak lol.

Coming to your post, are you really sane enough to compare Imran Khan with Azhar? lolol and lol!

Imran retired in 87 at the end of a decent world cup, after having defeated the likes of England in England and drawing series with mighty West Indies... he had enough achievements and he was already 38 yrs old suffering many career threatening injuries already. He returned a year later only on the request of President of Pakistan who was also a very strong military general. Don't think any powerful person in Pakistan is dying to see the like of Azhar Ali play ODI cricket again, a format in which he struggled throughout and fanboys are only wishing for his return after his sweet little merry time in low grade domestic cricket. As Azhar messiah is going to single handedly make us win the world cup? oh lol!

Let's also not forget that Afridi and Moyo also made comebacks from retirements but those guys still had some stature in Pakistan cricket. Azhar Ali was a nobody in ODIs, and is even on the verge of getting dropped in his forte i.e. test cricket.

We already have the likes of Akmals and Shahzads whining in the domestics, at least let Azhar live in peace in his retirement or else he would be soon criticizing selectors thanks to fans with goldfish memories, the same fans who criticized him throughout his ODI tenure as a captain and then as an opener eventually leading to his snub and ultimately his retirement.

30. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Sorry about this. It was a joke style but I'm sorry if you got annoyed by it, I think you got annoyed but I think you should forgive me.

I think everyone takes u-turns and that is a good thing imo. I was against Hafeez, Azhar at one point and pro Faheem, Farhan, Talat but you don't back something that is wrong.

31. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    I certainly did not