Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq, did we back the wrong horses?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, May 17, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Used to support him, but he was the catalyst for that collapse yesterday.

2. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    He is worse then Abbas with bat these days.

3. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Azhar Ali showing time and time again that he is the best Test batsman in Pakistan

Anyone that does not see this should stick to T20 cricket and Mickey Mouse leagues

4. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    He batted well, unfair really, this pitch had too much bounce in it, add that to Steyn and Rabada and Olivier then it’s not easy, Looked good, unfortunately a lack of a more convincing back foot game hurts him.

5. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Youngsta Beauty

Apr 16, 2010
    Give Asad Shafiq and Azhar Ali to Imran Khan's captaincy and see how they deliver.

Yes, everyone is responsible for their performance, and these two are not kids who need pep talk, and spoon feeding; however, every batsman goes through bad patches - and ONE of the remedy is the CAPTAIN'S ability to breathe life into an under-confident player. Dhoni has done it quite a few times as well.

And together with many other factors, we also lack that captain who has any ability to inspire his team members.

6. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Shafiq is so trash, I'm beginning to think Shehzad would've been better lol

7. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    That waft outside off stump away from his body was so poor and irresponsible, especially having just survived Lbw the previous ball.

You Expect that from a newbie not a veteran.

8. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    shehzad had a really good test record before he got hit in the head, but regarding your point, theres pbly 5 or 10 domestic batsmen who would have been a better investment than shafiq.

i know this is tantamount to the cricketing equivalent of blasphemy but even umar akmal at 6 would have won pak more games than shafiq.

9. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    With all his faults I have no doubt that Umar is far far better batsman than this Feeqa.

10. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Whole nation cursed them, lanati players, you know why they messed up because they were thinking ‘oh we can’t beat SA’ and mazaak mazaak meh Pak was about to win the Test and these three laloos had a defeated mindset which is why they did jack.

Throughout the match they were clearly trying to be competitive, lanat on these type of players.

Imran Khan would have broken the bat on them had they been playing under him.

11. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    There ain’t ten man?

Maybe you can say 8, Amin, Shehzad, Maqsood?, Akmal, Fawad, Usman, Saad and Saud past that and you get the Ifti chacha or guys who average 30.

Nabi Gul, Imran Rafiq, Kamran Ghulam, Omair Yousaf have small sample size whilst Rizwan is a keeper, no one else averages 40 apart from Imran Farhat??? LOL.

I reckon Usman Salahuddin is the best of the lot.

12. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    The newbies were batting like this is UAE, after Imam early jitters he didn’t look like getting out and how good was Shan? Then Babar destroyed Steyn who has tortured Hafeez and Shafiq Papa for years gone by.

Lanat iss jese seniors par.

13. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    main ones were fawad, akmal, saad, saud, amin, usman but we know how pak domestic chews up and destroys players, guys like naved yasin, naeemuddin had good domestic performances but were never picked, then their performances drifted out. even someone like hasan raza was still performing 7 or 8 years ago but never got a chance.

14. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    I agree with @ElRaja and i have always maintained that UAkmal is a better number 6 test batsman than Asad.

After over 60 tests, most of which Asad played in UAE, he is averaging almost same as the guy who he replaced in first place.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

15. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    A lesson for our illiterate selectors that never ever invest in batsmen , in Test cricket, who average 40 or below in FC cricket.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

16. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    Welcome back and Happy New year

17. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    Thank you

Happy new year , PATSY

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

18. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    I really want ANYBODY to replace him in 2nd test, because whoever will play can't do worse than him.

19. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    another pretty fifty and gone... the pattern continues

20. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
  21. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
  22. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Kaptaan’s innings that was Mashallah

23. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    This dude might be worth a try.

24. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    So seems like Asad is new Hafeez of Pakistan cricket, play 1 good innings after 10 flop shows to keep his place.

Azhar will be booted out soon I reckon.

25. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    id be surprised if either of them are going anywhere.

theres no one else in the squad except t20 players. and of course their backers will say that 'SA was always going to be difficult. A&A did well in australia'.

the coach and board have not developed any batsmen other than azhar and asad over the past few years. even the others most closely in contention - Usman and saad were even dropped from the squad.

its total bs.

26. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Indeed, both have or will do enough to keep their slot save. Story for Pakistan cricket, before it was Hafeez who was doing this and now we have these two - Mashallah, what a progress.

27. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Hafeez ki jaan choro.

Progress is you fans can’t accept the mediocre cricketers in domestics have half a chance of doing alright in Intls you keep saying names, every countries say names but they end up as flops, I don’t want you to be disheartened by this.

28. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Na munna na, Hackeez ki jaan tu itni asai nahi nahi chota gi, after holding spot of deserving players for years. I will bring it up whenever I can embarrass him and it will touch your never, so be ready for it.

And what mediocre cricketers you're whining about? I have never, ever supported any mediocre player like you, who gets insecure the moment "Hafeez" comes in an argument.

29. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Lol,

Pata lag jay ga kitne ‘deserving’ player ki jaga maar raha tah Hafeez.