Babar Azam - Unselfishness personified

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Alchemy, May 4, 2017.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Getting out to two ducks in a row while contributing zero to the team's performance is one thing. But not wasting balls which is obviously the most important thing in test cricket is something that you need to give babar credit for.

2 ducks in a row. Knowingly well that its a pitch where he cant survive. He gave away his wicket like the big hearted future ATG he is. Can anyone else be that unselfish? Babar Azam - unselfishness personified, truly.

2. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
  3. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    @ Alchemy believe it or not, I knew he Babar fails today, then you'll start a thread on him :D.

Couldn't ask for better occasion then today to open one on him :p.

But yeah, he's not certainly living up to the expectation at this this level.

4. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    One of Shafiq or him should be dropped for Salahuddin next game.

He has been disappointing for sure, but let's not forget it's just barely been some time since he was integrated into the side.

On the other hand we have guys like Shafiq and Shehzad who haven't learnt anything despite being with the national side for 7+ years

5. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Very disappointed in Babar, he is one of the few players with a brain in the team. I'd still take him over Shehzad any day. The guy eats up balls then gets out anyway.

6. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    I guess shahzad couldn't make use of being dropped in the 2nd innings..he needs at least 2-3 chances to kick on and score it seems.

7. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011
    When you drop deserving players like Fawad Alam and hafiz in the test squad than expect shit to hit the ceiling.

8. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Hafeez? Alam definitely deserves a chance.

9. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Forget about learning, they have deteriorate since their international debut.

I still remember Asad played with Afridi in ODI in ENG, when Afridi was struggling to touch the ball, and from the other end, young Shafiq papa was hitting 4's for fun. Even Commies were saying that lala should learn from Shafiq how to bat.

Really don't understand what happens to our batters - they can't even stand at the same level (skill wise) from their early days - forget about making progress.

But you know what it reflect? they don't have ability to progress, learn and improve their game to take to the next level. Heck forget about next level, they fall down 10 levels from where they start after spending 1 year in Internal cricket.

10. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Hackfeez and deserving shouldn't come in the same sentence dude.

11. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    Why don't educated (in cricket) people understand that Babar is not a good Test material. Not yet.

12. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011
    Not a fan of professor but I can surely say that he would've been better than Selfie. Moreover he can bowl...5th bowler

13. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I said it before, and will repeat it again. Dropping Sami was a terrible, terrible decision. Neither Selfie nor Hackfeez are upgrade on him.

If Inzi had to drop him at any cost, then somebody new should've been given go ahead... Oh but hold on, our Mr. gentleman doesn't like too many changes in the squad. We should all be bow down to him that he allowed Salahuudin to be part of the team.

14. Mamoon

Mamoon Youngsta Beauty

Jan 6, 2015
    Visited this place after a week and all I see is a dozen selfishness and personified threads. What's going on?

15. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Its a fight between babar azam fans v shahzad fans

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

16. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    No idea why him and Shadab were drafted in so early.
    With little experience playing FC cricket they both can't handle tests.

They I think were two of the main reasons why Pakistan lost this match and anyone who can't see that will be foolish.

Babar contributed 0 runs in the game whilst Shadab leaked 145 runs for 1 wicket.

Mickey has been taking the Mick ever since he became in charge of this test side

17. Karachi-King

Karachi-King Talented

Jun 4, 2011
    Alchemy why are you on Babars case always and lose your voice when talking about Shehzads performances

18. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Come on, slog. You do realize it was a tongue in cheek response to @Ahson8's agenda filled thread. I have no issues with Babar. You know yourself that i have always supported him but i have been always careful about not hyping him or considering him special.

19. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Hahaha its just payback and a lesson for Ahson. I guess all these threads that have mocked his thread would make him think twice before making an agenda filled thread next time.

@Mamoon welcome my friend, this will probably help explain to you regarding all those personified related threads.

20. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    I always feared that Shadab is going to be rushed and that is exactly what happened. I wouldnt blame mickey for trying though. At least he is trying newer combos. Lets not be too conservative in our approach.

21. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    I respectfully disagree. I for one have not forgotten how awful Sami Aslam played against Australia. Those long sessions of blocking the ball without any output. How can i forget them. Sami Aslam is not better than Shehzad. He is however superior than Dad's dream Shan Masood and Hafeez.

22. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011
    2nd that

23. axl100mph

axl100mph Emerging Player

Nov 23, 2016
    Shehzad has regressed beyond belief. He was already flawed in 2014, but used to pick length much better.
    At present, he is the most technically flawed test opener one could ever hope to see. Even gets squared up to straight balls. And the guy breathing down his neck is equally bad. Great times as a pakistani fan indeed.

24. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Shehzad is done, needs a long break. In two tests, he has batted 10 or so times with all the chances, yet he has done nothing. No need to recycle rubbish like Hafeez again and again either. He is one of the reasons no other player was developed for a long time. Time to move on and give guys like Fawad and others a chance. Bringing back failures will only result in more of the same. I am willing to keep Babar in the team, even though he has been poor in test matches, he has proven solid technique and a level head. It is only a matter of time before he kicks on.

25. Karachi-King

Karachi-King Talented

Jun 4, 2011
    ok my bad/ didnt know it was tongue in cheek

havent been following all threads

26. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    That's you opinion mate and I respect it.

Indeed, I was very frustrated too on his performance in AUS, where he almost played like a tailender. That said, how could you forget his performance on ENG tour though? To me, he did well back then.

Furthermore, you don't drop players on base on 1/2 bad tours, player will feel hard done by, will do no good to his progress and it's not like Amir Sohail or Saeed Anwere are waiting in the wings.

There is no point talking and wasting time on Hackfeez, Shan is a pure "purchi" case and Ahmed has regressed to the point nobody is ready to believe.

So again, unless somebody proves that he warrants place ahead of Sami, he should open with Azhar.

27. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Another unselfish knock today adding to his poultry farm (@Mamoon ;)). Should thank misbah and YK that they are retiring otherwise he deserves to be kicked from the test squad.

28. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    ^ Wasn't out today.

29. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    Useless test player. Even in ODI he bats way too slowly just so he can get to his 100 and maintain his average. He is only going to go down one way. Too one dimensional.

Would prefer Umar Amin at this rate who has the ability to bat quickly

30. Don Duckman

Don Duckman Tracer Bullet

Apr 7, 2014
    Given out on a wrong decision. The exact opposite of 7 lives for 12 runs Shehzad.

31. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    What about 2 ducks in the last test or the fact that he is giving Shafiq a run for a money in the duck farm competition? Get over your obsession with Shehzad. Stick to the topic.

32. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    We can afford his way of style in ODIs as long as its working. However, i do see your point.

33. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    He was officially out.

34. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    Nothing special in the longer format, can be a 40 averaging batsman in Test cricket, at max. His lovers must accept this reality.

35. Don Duckman

Don Duckman Tracer Bullet

Apr 7, 2014
    What about it? Plenty of great players have had a tepid start to their test career. The point is that Babar has both the talent and the drive to become the best batsman in the team, like he did in ODIs. Most pakistani youngsters in recent years have lacked either the drive (Akmal), the talent (Aslam) or both (Shehzad).

Alchemy calling someone obsessed with Shehzad and the irony is entirely lost on him.

36. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    You are the one who keeps on bringing Shehzad into the thread. I guess some inner retrospection is needed at your end..

37. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    The tuk tuk prince being his unselfish self gifts his wicket at an important juncture. Zero impact player, sadly. Turning into a windies exclusive bully now..

38. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Yeah Shehzad scored all those runs in AUS & NZ.
    Anyone can go through a lean patch.

39. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Cannot even defend your hero without diverting it to another player who is not even playing and rightly dropped?

40. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Okay I'll rephrase the statement. He also scored runs in AUS & NZ which you ignore. Has been in poor form lately and also poor in presure situations as of now.