Bangladesh will become world champions (LOL) soon :Sheikh Hasina

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Wistful Reminisces, Mar 21, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    http://m.bdnews24.com/en/detail/cricket/942341

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina thinks India would not have been able to defeat Bangladesh had there been no umpiring errors.
    She consoled the Tigers on Friday saying everyone had seen what had happened.

Bangladeshi expatriates in Australia organised a reception for the national team.

Prime Minister Hasina called Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) President Nazmul Hassan during the function and greeted the players on the phone.

When Hassan connected a loudspeaker to the phone, Hasina said, “We would have won if the umpires did not give wrong decisions.

“In Sha Allah, Bangladesh will win in the future. Bangladesh will become world champions someday.”

She praised the cricketers for their performance in the tournament and hoped they would be able to carry forward the momentum they had in the World Cup.

Hasina told Mashrafe Bin Mortaza and his boys not to be upset.

“There’s nothing to be upset. Everyone has seen how we were made to lose. We will win in the future,” she said.

Bangladesh lost to India by 109 runs in the quarterfinal on Thursday.

Umpires Aleem Dar and Ian Gould took the controversial decision by calling a no-ball on the 40th over.

Rohit Sharma was caught by Imrul Kayes at the deep midwicket while trying to pull a full toss delivery from Rubel Hossain.

Dar from the square leg held the delivery to be over Rohit’s waist and Gould called it a no-ball.

TV replays, however, showed the ball was not over Rohit’s waist by any means.

Rohit added 47 runs after that to take India to 302 and completed his century.

Analysts and former cricketers criticised the decision. Fans in Bangladesh protested against the decision too.

ICC President AHM Mustafa Kamal also blamed the umpires for their alleged favouritism.

Hundreds of Bangladeshi expatriates in Australia attended the reception.

BCB President Hassan said ICC officials told him that they were stunned at Bangladesh’s performance in the World Cup.

Skipper Mashrafe said, “I came to this country several times to have my leg operated upon. I used to walk with a limp. This time I am returning after playing with my head high.”

He said they would never forget the support they got from the expatriates.

The expatriates took photos with their favourite cricketers.

2. raamishasadraza

raamishasadraza Talented

Feb 25, 2014
    lol what abt jordan given out in england match. that was also a bad decision, if that decision had been correct england wud have won the match and qualified for the quarterfinals. bangladesh are sore losers.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 5
    • List
  3. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    Let them enjoy.

4. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    someday*

enough said

:rofl :rofl

5. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
  6. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    Kya rotla mulq hai.whining starts from the top.

7. Reverse Swing

Reverse Swing Talented

Jul 30, 2013

Disliking Bangladesh, perhaps the only thing India and Pakistan are together in. :lol

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  8. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    Why are they so damn unbearable, they took it upon themselves to appear on any Afghan related link ICC put up to shout abuse lol.

Easily one of the most disliked teams out there

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 5
    • List
  9. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

What's wrong with that she said? She's saying Bangladesh can become World Champions one day. If Bangladesh didn't have the belief that they can get a lot better then there wouldnt be much point in them carrying on.

They already have players like Tamim, Mahmadullah, Shakib, etc who are international quality players. They can build a team around a core like this and become competitive. They reached the final of the Asia Cup recently against 3 World Cup Quarter Finalists from this World Cup. They beat one of the Semi Finalists from this World Cup.

They need more players like Shakib and Tamim to come forward and they will be a much stronger team who win a lot of games.

10. Aman

Aman Formerly 'Zaros'

May 13, 2014
    A Bangladeshi fan before our group match was talking shit about how NZ would never beat Bangladesh again :thinking

11. shainz

shainz Talented

Apr 8, 2012
  12. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    I think the issue is that she's thrown the entire blame on the umpires for Bangladesh losing the game, questioning the credibility of ICC.

13. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Everything before and after this quote

14. BoYDoC

BoYDoC Youngsta Beauty

Mar 11, 2015
    Yes! And I will be flying Jets tomorrow!

15. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

She has a point, the umpiring (much like refereeing) always favours the stronger teams, especially in games against minnows. Also it's not unusual for the umpiring to be blamed. We blamed the umpiring for Ajmal's revew against Sachin last time, etc.

16. TM Riddle

TM Riddle Smooth Operator

Feb 2, 2013
    Lol this is a new low even for bengalis.What a sore bunch of losers their fans are.

17. TM Riddle

Feb 2, 2013
    There were only two errors made by umpires,one favored India and other Bangladesh.Typical bangladeshis whining as usual.

18. TM Riddle

Feb 2, 2013
    You can't blame him though considering the epic phainty your boyzz received at their end in last series in Bangladesh.

19. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    There was only one call that went againist BD.That also was 50-50 according to the ICC.To infer that BD would have won againist India if not for that one decision is delusional.

According to BDs Raina was out and Mahamadullah was not out.

This is nothing but whining and sour grapes attitude of BDs.

Btw did the Pak PM and PCB chief also accused umpiring of deliberately favouring India and manipulating Hawk Eye?There is a difference between fans and PM BCB chief and ICC President making such claims.

At next ICC meeting the hammer is going to come down hard on BCB and Kamal.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  20. ManHOOS

ManHOOS Talented

Sep 19, 2010
    I am going to meet President Obama tomorrrow for a dinner.

21. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    I've heard the North Korean sports ministry is sending a delegation to Bangladesh to investigate why Bangalis are so delusional about the ability of their cricket team.

The North Koreans are concerned about the money they spend doctoring footage, faking news reports and blocking external media from the country in an attempt to convince sports fans that their team is a world beater whereas the Bangladeshis seem able to convince their public quite easily and for free.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 9
    • List
  22. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    useless team. I fail to understand why their fans don't realise that their team is anything more than a joke

23. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    Bangladesh has a pretty decent team now. Let's see if they can build or decline as usual.

24. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    Couldn't care less , Their test status should be removed and given to Ireland.

25. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Of course umpires are to be blamed but the thing is they take it too far. Including government doesn't even make sense.
    The thing with bang bros is whenever they lose an important match its always 100% opposition fault. May I remind you that this same bang bros president blamed ISI for the loss of Asia Cup 2012 :fp

Ps: if bang bros think someone is plotting against them the what about that Jordon run out against england :fp

26. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    Based on what?

27. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Their results in tests?

• List
  28. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    Im fine with stripping them off test status tbh. Just dont think ireland are ready yet.

• List
  29. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    Ireland's John Mooney's aren't gonna bowl anyone out.

30. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

ISI does do some dodgy things, why not this as well?

31. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    *Sarcasm*

32. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    India dislike them because they are Muslims. You dislike them cause you got no idea of Politics.

33. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    India just robbed Bangladesh with that QF match. First with that no ball and then Raina lbw. That was even in ICC homepage which was deliberately taken out later. Mahmudullah out was wrong. That was 50-50 and when it comes to 50-50, the favor goes to the batsman. No review on that and they gave it a quick go.

34. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    BCCI has taken over ICC and that's the real fact. I will see how India do it against Aussies. You won't be winning against class teams.

35. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    This is suddenly looking interesting :thinking

But I think Bang Bros will drop it all once they get a $omething from $omeone :waiting

36. Reverse Swing

Reverse Swing Talented

Jul 30, 2013

But they still lost by 109 runs.

To claim that they would have won had they been given out is only laughable. Plus BCB has a history of being a cry baby. Do you not remember the 2012 Asia Cup final? Apparently they would have won but they didn't because Cheema didn't let a 2nd run. The funny thing is they lost by 2 runs meaning they still wouldn't have won.

37. Reverse Swing

Reverse Swing Talented

Jul 30, 2013
    And don't get me wrong, my 2nd favourite team after Pakistan was Bangladesh until the 2012 Asia Cup. I also loved how they still supported us over India (generally) but the behaviour of some fans and BCB over the last couple of years has made me change my viewpoint.

38. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013

That no ball was key decision and losing over 100 runs make it look like an one sided match but fact is it wasn't. If factors are sided towards a certain team, opponents are easy to go down whether it's sports or war.

39. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    Nothing wrong with believing that they'll be "world champions" someday, if they put the time and money in, eventually they'll reap the benefits of doing so.

But first and foremost they need to get rid of this victim mentality, this isn't the first time I've seen the PM suffer from it, still remeber how she walked out when they lost the Asia Cup 2012 final, they need to seriously toughen up mentally, I'd be very concerened if the team I support is having it's PM strop out like a 5 year old and then claiming results based on a few umpiring decisions.

Otherwise I don't see anything wrong with having lofty ambitions and sooner or later they might just be one of the top challengers, never know in cricket.

40. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    1) Sheikh Hasina is an opportunistic politician and a scummy one at that. Her rhetoric doesn't count for that much. Its especially ironic cos she's a complete lackey of India

2) Bangladesh did play pretty well this WC. I think Mortaza has a tendency to lose his cool under pressure though--snarling, glaring etc--and it does make his players panic. But chaps like Shakib/Rahim/to a slightly lesser extent Mahmudullah are class players, Sarkar and Sabbir look promising players and if they can get their seamers to fire more regularly they can be a pretty respectable side