BBC, Muslims Like Us.

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Bella, Dec 13, 2016.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Bella

Bella Youngsta Beauty

Jan 24, 2010
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04kpq9x

Has anyone watched this programme? New series on BBC.

"
    Ten British Muslims with contrasting world views move into a house together. Their passionate debates, honest disagreements, humour and insights reveal what is like to be a British Muslim today."

2. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    Missed first episode was watching a show about David Blaine catching a bullet with his mouth lol

3. SOPL

SOPL Talented

Jun 4, 2013
    Honestly, from seeing literally 30 seconds of the episode when flicking through channels, it is total garbage.

4. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Didnt bother to watch it. Anybody here got an opinion on it?

5. Markhor

Markhor Talented

May 9, 2010
    Some of the people they bring on these "insights into the Muslim community" TV shows, i.e. the obligatory bearded fundo, are often completely unrepresentative of Muslim community as a whole.

6. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    ive met a fair few bearded fundos in my life tho... nothing can be representative of the muslim community as a whole, the idea of homogeneous identification of a religio-cultural group is an idea usually promoted by the extremes within and from outside the religious group, imo.

7. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I just finished watching this. Before watching it I knew the BBC would have picked people likely to spend their time arguing and fighting with each other. I'm surprised there was only 1 fundamentalist on the show.

Mehreen came across as the most normal person on the show and it didn't surprise me when she said that she felt like her own views came down in the middle between the two extremes. The fundo was obviously trying to increase his youtube hits, the comedian trying to get exposure for his comedy show, etc.

Basically the usual crowd you get on any reality show so why should one about muslims be any different.

What the program skipped over was the ridiculous views of the 4 non Muslims expecting to be bowed down to and celebrated when they were pretty ignorant.

8. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
  9. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    I've seen that comedian live in Birmingham. He's actually pretty good and could have a promising career. Suprised he went on a show like this.