BD agrees to play Tests (I will go to PAK if security situation gets better: Mushfiqur - Upd - 60)

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Jan 2, 2020.

BD agrees to play Tests (I will go to PAK if security situation gets better: Mushfiqur - Upd - 60)

by Del
Jan 2, 2020 at 5:07 PM
  1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan and Bangladesh cricket series in Pakistan might get an interesting development in one or two days as the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is looking into different proposals regarding the tour.

According to sources, the PCB’s utmost priority is to host Bangladesh for the Test matches. “Twenty20 matches can be played at any time, we want to play a test,” PCB source.

Sources have also revealed that PCB is considering to host Three T20s and One Test and the remaining one Test will be included in a Test series in Bangladesh.

According to schedule, Bangladesh are scheduled to tour Pakistan later in January where they have to play three T20I and two Test.

Yesterday, Bangladesh head coach Russell Domingo said that he has no problem in touring Pakistan if the team gets security clearance.

SAvsPAK.jpg

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020 at 5:32 PM
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      Nice, so now you are doing speculations, carry on, shabash !

2. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
      Terrific news. THe schedule may look strange, but still it is on.

3. thair9999

thair9999 Youngsta Beauty

Oct 17, 2010
      What the circus? They are not coming, they are coming, they want to come for short tour, we don't want them for short tour, they want to split the tour, we don't want to split the tour, they don't want ot play test in Pak, we want them to play Test in Pak........................
      In the end no one won, which is great in itself. All this could been avoided if this was not made into TV drama.

4. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
      It helps to get your head out of the proverbial sand every once in a while.

https://www.newindianexpress.com/sp...-set-to-oppose-manohar-extension-2052171.html

https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/...ohars-re-appointment-as-icc-head-2386449.html

BCCI Set to Oppose Shashank Manohar's Re-appointment as ICC Head

https://www.livemint.com/Sports/CYW...hreatened-as-Shashank-Manohar-plays-hard.html

BCCI’s grip on ICC threatened as Shashank Manohar plays hardball

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020 at 12:56 AM
    5. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      Are you in your sense, no really, are you?

Show me where have I said that Manohar is in good books of BCCI?

Sometimes its better not to argu once you have nothing to say rather than clutching the straw.

6. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      PCB to suffer huge financial loss for split Bangladesh series: BCB President

The Bangladesh Cricket Board's (BCB's) President Nazmul Hasan has revealed that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is set to suffer a huge financial loss for hosting Bangladesh in three separate legs.

The PCB reached consensus with the BCB on the upcoming series, which will be part of the Future Tours Programme. The process was facilitated by the International Cricket Council (ICC) Chairman Shashank Manohar in Dubai on Tuesday afternoon.

According to the revised arrangement, Bangladesh will play three Twenty20 International's (T20I's) in Lahore from January 24 to 27.

They will return to Pakistan for the first ICC World Test Championship fixture, to be held from February 7 to 11 in Rawalpindi.

After the Habib Bank Limited (HBL) Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2020, which concludes in Lahore on 22 March, Bangladesh will visit Pakistan again and will play a One-Day International (ODI) in Karachi on April 3 and second ICC World Test Championship fixture from April 5 to 9.

While speaking to the reporters at the airport after arriving from Dubai on Wedenesday, Nazmul explained the reason behind adding a one-off ODI before the second Test in Karachi.

“Pakistan is facing a huge financial loss [for hosting us on three occasions] and they offered us to play one T20 [ahead of the Tests] as that will give them some revenue. Their cost has increased a lot as we are going three times and in this little time they cannot do marketing,” said Nazmul. “We needed a practice match and we felt that if we played an ODI then we can practice more [and they can generate some revenue].”

Despite the schedule being announced by the PCB, the BCB president maintained that they will assess the security situation ahead of returning for first Test in Rawalpindi.

“I was supposed to go and meet ICC chairman Shashank Manohar as I had given him word and was supposed to meet him. PCB officials were already there when I arrived and they [PCB officials] told us that they want to sit with us 2.30 pm,” he said. “Firstly PCB told us that to play three T20s and one Test but I said no and said that we will play only three T20s and we will go later.”

“The government told us to ensure a short stay and what we were saying is exactly written there in the MOU. We will play the Test matches after considering the situation and we are still maintaining it as far as the tour is concerned,” he added.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/n...nancial-loss-for-split-bangladesh-series-bcb-

7. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
      I think what's not mentioned is that perhaps PCB has given up, and agreed to move Asia Cup to be played from Pakistan to Bangladesh in return of this trip.

8. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      This is what exactly these guys are talking about.

9. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018

You wrote

This tells everything and a tight slap in the face of those who said that India wasnt pulling strings from behind. BD are coming after Manohar allowed them to go.

This implies manohar was pulling strings for India.

Nice, so now you are doing speculations, carry on, shabash !

This implies Manohar is not is confrontation with BCCI.

10. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
      Bangladesh doing what India don’t have the guts to do.

11. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      Mushfiqur Rahim refuses to visit Pakistan

Bangladesh’s wicketkeeper-batsman Mushfiqur Rahim has declined to visit Pakistan for the forthcoming series, a team official said on Thursday.

“Mushfiq rang me today to inform that he will not go to Pakistan. We are now waiting for his formal letter. Once he does that, we will leave him out of the series,” Bangladesh chief selector Minhajul Abedin told AFP.

Bangladesh are scheduled to play three Twenty20 internationals, two Tests and one one-day international (ODI) in Pakistan between January and April.

Mushfiqur’s absence could be a blow for Bangladesh, who are already without suspended all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan.

Minhajul said they are likely to announce the squad for the series in a day or two.

International cricket has gradually returned to Pakistan in the last four years after it was suspended in the wake of terrorist attacks on the Sri Lankan team bus in Lahore in March 2009.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/mushfiqur-rahim-refuses-to-visit-pakistan

12. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      Check this out, another slap in the face, because it clear now what happened in past few days, it was all staged.

https://www.cricistan.com/threads/pakistan-unlikely-to-host-asia-cup-because-of-india-bcb-ceo.52330/

13. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
      Bechara naaghan wala kanjar Mushfiq still not over dropping Afridi in Asia Cup match where Lala ended up winning us the game and Bangladeshis ended up crying.

Hai

14. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    15. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      Comings days will reveal what will happen, but its clear as daylight that BCCI is behind all this drama of BD, which you refused to accept earlier.

16. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
      Meh. My money is that BCB is still pissed at PCB for cancelling tours and not inviting them to UAE. If, BCB got hosting rights for Asia cup that will make for loss of revenue from cancelled Pak tour.

17. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      Regardless whatever happen, you were proven wrong, nth time !

18. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
      how did you come to this conclusion?

you said India is involved: no contact with BCCI. only contact with manohar. manohar and BCCI hate each other.

what other occasion have you proven me wrong?

This looks like your usual MO. Make unproven claims and declare victory

19. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      Anybody with two active brain cells can see whats was going on after the following statement

https://www.cricistan.com/threads/pakistan-unlikely-to-host-asia-cup-because-of-india-bcb-ceo.52330/

And also this.

https://www.cricistan.com/threads/t...of-many-unseen-pressures-shoaib-akhtar.52327/

However, your biased and comprehension arent allowing you to understand it.

And as for what other occasion you are proven wrong, CS is full with those details and your childish arguments, which you exchange with others.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020 at 8:44 PM
    20. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      I will go to Pakistan if security situation gets better: Mushfiqur

Bangladesh stalwart and former captain Mushfiqur Rahim revealed that he will not be available for the entire away series against Pakistan as he didn’t get the permission from the family for the tour.

But the 32-year-old wicketkeeper-batsman also said that he will tour Pakistan only if their security situation gets better and remains consistent.

“I have already informed Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) that I am not going to Pakistan for the upcoming series. I have submitted an official letter, and BCB accepted that. Not just T20Is, I am unavailable for the entire series,” Mushfiqur told the media after the final of just-concluded Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) final at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium on Friday.

“My family is afraid of the security condition of Pakistan. In this situation, I can’t go to Pakistan and play cricket there. It is always tough for me to sit down from a series of Bangladesh national team,” he added.

Mushfiqur also said that he had a proposal to play in Pakistan Super League (PSL) but he refused it because of the event will take place in Pakistan this time around.

“My family is not permitting me to go to Pakistan. Cricket is not bigger than the life. But at the same time, I would like to say that the situation of Pakistan is better than before. I toured Pakistan in 2008 before that incident (terror attack on Sri Lankan team in 2009). Pakistan is a wonderful place to play cricket. The wickets of Pakistan are batting-friendly and I will miss playing there. But if the situation gets better and remains better consistently, I would definitely love to go to Pakistan to play cricket,” Mushfiqur added.

Mushfiqur believes his vacant place will be filled easily and who will get chance will try his best for Bangladesh team. He concluded by saying: “There are many players who did well in BPL and in India series. I will expect them to play well in the upcoming series as well. It’s an opportunity for the young guys. It’s really tough to play good cricket against a team like Pakistan in their home. But I believe the boys will pose a strong challenge.”

http://unb.com.bd/category/Sports/i...ecurity-situation-gets-better-mushfiqur/41568

21. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      Sorry Mushfiqur but this is lame excuse.

You don't have to tour Pakistan, nobody is forcing you, but using security is a dumb excuse.

22. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    23. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
      He has lost his marbles. Although I don't agree with the stuff that Pakistani people say like 'Pakistan is one of the safest place in the world' it's simply not true. Yes there was an attack in Nz and SL but there isn't a incident every 3-4 months. That said the security given makes Pakistan the safest place there can be. The security offered in Pakistan is perhaps the strongest security and I don't think you will get a stronger security not just in any other cricket country but I think probably across all sport you won't see this level of security given.