BD agrees to play Tests | I'll go to PAK if security situation improves - Mushfiqur Rahim

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Jan 2, 2020.

BD agrees to play Tests | I'll go to PAK if security situation improves - Mushfiqur Rahim

by Del
Jan 2, 2020 at 5:07 PM
  1. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan and Bangladesh cricket series in Pakistan might get an interesting development in one or two days as the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is looking into different proposals regarding the tour.

According to sources, the PCB’s utmost priority is to host Bangladesh for the Test matches. “Twenty20 matches can be played at any time, we want to play a test,” PCB source.

Sources have also revealed that PCB is considering to host Three T20s and One Test and the remaining one Test will be included in a Test series in Bangladesh.

According to schedule, Bangladesh are scheduled to tour Pakistan later in January where they have to play three T20I and two Test.

Yesterday, Bangladesh head coach Russell Domingo said that he has no problem in touring Pakistan if the team gets security clearance.

SAvsPAK.jpg

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

1. thair9999

thair9999 Youngsta Beauty

Oct 17, 2010
      • Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
      • List
    2. Del

Dec 21, 2016
      Bangladesh seeks players’ approval for Pakistan tour

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has started seeking approval of their players regarding their scheduled tour to Pakistan.

According to a report by ESPNCricinfo, the BCB as a standard practice before any tour, have decided to consult their players before arriving at a final decision.

The report further added that a Bangladesh Test cricketer has already agreed to tour Pakistan.

Bangladesh are due to arrive in Pakistan in January for three Twnety20Internationals (T20Is) and two Tests and the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) was hopeful the full tour would go ahead given that Sri Lanka had visited to the country for the Test series.

However, the BCB had been adamant on splitting the Test and T20I series between the two countries.

Last month, the BCB President Nazmul Hasan said that several of their star players have showed reluctance to tour Pakistan even to play the shortest format.

“We have already communicated [to the PCB] that we are trying to send a team for the T20s if the players are willing,” Nazmul was quoted as saying by The Daily Star. “If the players and the staff are willing and we can manage to form a good team, then we will send our team. Some of our star players have said that they don't even want to play the T20s.”

“We are awaiting government clearances. We have already gotten approval from one section and awaiting other instructions. We need clearance from the security agencies. One thing is certain, we won’t force any player to go,” he added.

This new development has ignited hopes of the series taking place at the scheduled time. However, the fate of the tour is expected to be decided after a BCB board meeting in the coming week.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/bangladesh-seeks-players-approval-for-pakistan-tour

3. Del

Dec 21, 2016
      BD board and players are doing totally unnecessary tamasha. It seems they want to avoid 2-0 in Test.

4. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
      Just give us the 120 test series points.

5. Del

Dec 21, 2016
      Bangladesh considers touring Pakistan for Test series first

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) is still adamant on splitting the Test and Twenty20 International (T20I) series in their scheduled tour to Pakistan.

However, according to a report by Dhaka Tribune, Bangladesh, on the request of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), is now considering playing the two-match Test series first, and the T20I series at a different time.

While talking to media on Wednesday evening, the BCB President Nazmul Hasan said that the final decision regarding the tour will be announced on Thursday.

"We asked them to play Twenty20s but today they proposed us to play Test matches. They said they will play the Twenty20 bilateral series before the Twenty20 World Cup in Pakistan," said Nazmul. "We informed them that we wanted to play three T20Is first and return home. We told them that we might tour Pakistan later on to play the Tests if we manage to reschedule the tour, but they are more interested in hosting Tests as it is a part of the ICC Test Championship. They said they have no problem hosting three Twenty20s later on."

"We are yet to take a final decision on that. I hope we will take the final decision tomorrow," he added.

The BCB had already started seeking consent of their players regarding the tour. It is reported that the Bangladesh Test captain Mominul Haque along with few other cricketers, have agreed to tour Pakistan.

However, the board president confirmed that senior batsman Mushfiqur Rahim has opted out of the tour.

"Mushfiqur never showed any interest in touring Pakistan. The other players said that they wanted a short tour. We have informed PCB about our players' consent," he said. "We won't get most of our coaches, but our head coach is ready if it is a short tour [T20I series]."

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/n...istan-for-tests-first-final-decision-on-thurs

6. Del

Dec 21, 2016
      I would have toured Pakistan: Mashrafe Mortaza

While speaking to reporters after a Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) match, the 36-year-old, who has retired from Tests and T20Is, said he would have also discussed with his family before arriving at a final decision regarding the aforementioned tour.

“To be honest if you ask me, I would have gone but obviously I would have consulted with my family,” Mashrafe was quoted as saying by Daily Star newspaper. “I don’t know what my family would have said as this would be the first time I would discuss this matter. But if you only ask me about going to Pakistan or not, I would say yes, I would go.”

“But then again it doesn’t mean those who does not want to go are fault as obviously life comes first before the game. So, it is important for the individual call and with due respect everyone is right from their own perspective,” he added.

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has asked the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for a week to finalise their decision regarding the upcoming tour of Pakistan.

According to sources, the BCB wants to have internal discussions regarding Pakistan’s proposal of playing the Test series first in their scheduled tour.

The BCB had already started seeking consent of their players regarding the tour. It is reported that the Bangladesh Test captain Mominul Haque along with few other cricketers, have agreed to tour Pakistan.

However, the board president confirmed that senior batsman Mushfiqur Rahim has opted out of the tour.

"Mushfiqur never showed any interest in touring Pakistan. The other players said that they wanted a short tour. We have informed PCB about our players' consent," he said. "We won't get most of our coaches, but our head coach is ready if it is a short tour [T20I series]."

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/i-would-have-toured-pakistan-mashrafe-mortaza

7. Del

Dec 21, 2016
      Respect for Mashrafe and on the other hand, I dont understand what the matter this with midget - Mushfiqur?

8. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
      because Mushfiqur is still not retired and Mashrafe is

I bet Mashrafe would have kept quit if he was still part of the Test squad lul

• List
    9. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
      BCB chief Nazmul Hassan has informed the government had advised BCB it can go ahead touring Pakistan but keep it "short" due to the Iran-US tensions.

10. Gotham Cronie

Gotham Cronie Youngsta Beauty

Jan 14, 2015
      They've found their convenient excuse

11. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
      So there are no "Iran-US tensions" during short tour?

12. Del

Dec 21, 2016
      Bangladesh says no to Tests, adamant on touring Pakistan for T20Is only

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has decided against sending their team for a two-match Test series to Pakistan as per Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) request. The BCB is still adamant on touring Pakistan only for the Twenty20 International (T20I) series.

While speaking to journalists after a board meeting in Dhaka, the BCB President Nazmul Hasan said that the Bangladesh government has instructed them to not allow the team to stay in Pakistan for a long period due to the recent escalation of tensions in the Middle East.

"We are clear cut, but let's see how they react. As far as security is concerned, T20 is a better option," Hasan said. "They [PCB] should be happy that we still want to go to play T20s. We just wanted rescheduling of the Tests, not saying we won't tour. This is the best thing we can offer to Pakistan."

Reacting to the latest development, the PCB’s spokesperson said that the board will reply to BCB after receiving a formal response from them. However, the board's spokesperson added that anything less than a two-match Test series is not acceptable to PCB. PCB had made it clear to BCB President that they can play the Test series first and the T20I series at a later date.

Bangladesh were originally scheduled to arrive in Pakistan in January for three T20Is and two Tests and the PCB was hopeful the full tour would go ahead given that Sri Lanka had visited the country for the Test series.

The BCB had already started seeking consent of their players regarding the tour. It is reported that the Bangladesh Test captain Mominul Haque along with few other cricketers, had agreed to tour Pakistan.

However, the board president had already confirmed that senior batsman Mushfiqur Rahim opted out of the tour.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/n...ts-adamant-on-touring-pakistan-for-t20is-only

13. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010

Just tell them tests in Pak or get lost, give us 120 points and do mazay in Dhaka. BCB can and will never give us anything, they are forever up the backsides of the BCCI.

14. pat

pat Banned

Nov 25, 2018
      Why would they give you 120 points if the series is not played? sorta like demanding money from BCCI for series not played. seems to a habit.

my bet is PCB as many points as they got money from BCCI.

15. Del

Dec 21, 2016
      It doesnt work like that - either come and play as per plan or give us point, so take your pick.

One just needs common sense and 2 active brain cells to understand it, not rocket science.

16. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    17. pat

pat Banned

Nov 25, 2018
      Why? because you say so? Isn't that the same logic used in suing BCCI? play series or give us money?

It is common sense and not rocket science and one only needs 1 active brain cell. no series. no points.

18. Del

Dec 21, 2016
      Are you literate ? Do you know how things work at Intl level?

Its not about me or you, its about following Intl protocols. You cant just make up insane excuse and get away with it.

Pakistan wants to play, onus is on BD (they are making all the excuses in the world).

19. Bublu Bhuyan

Bublu Bhuyan Banned

Feb 15, 2010
      What will happen when SENA countries refuse to tour Pakistan? They too will forfeit points? Or is the rule applied only for Bangladesh because you consider them a sub par cricketing nation?

20. Del

Dec 21, 2016
      Yeah, when that will happen we will discuss it, but for now, after SL tour, there is not valid reason for BD to NOT to come for Test and only come to T20 - utter hogwash !

21. pat

pat Banned

Nov 25, 2018
      In international level, things worked based on previously agreed terms. World doesn't care what pak wants. World cares about actual contracts.

Do you have document which shows pak should get points?

The only insane ones here are PCB and some delusional Pak fans. Unless the agreement is clearly written down, PCB is up the creek. Guess they haven't learned from the $4M loss when they sued BCCI.

22. Del

Dec 21, 2016
      There, you have said it yourself. This tour was previously agreed in between the two board, BD is creating the fuss (just like you do here) over the venue.

Also, when they are ready to come for T20 than whats the issue with Test?

Its not about what PCB or Pakistani fans want. Its about honouring the agreed tours - whats so difficult in it comprehend?

23. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
      Can't play in Pakistan because of Iran situation, let's play in UAE the place Iran threatened to directly attack lmao

MashaAllah

24. pat

pat Banned

Nov 25, 2018
      There is saying here in the US: "Devil is in the details" PCB learned it the hard way when they sued BCCI. Neither you nor I are privy tot he details of the "agreement". There is no precedence about test tours and WTC points.

There is the precedence of PCB treating BCB like a step child. If PCB had honor, the would have hosted BCB in UAE in the past. PCB deemed BCB top be too insignificant to do that. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

25. Del

Dec 21, 2016
      So now you are questioning the "agreement", this game has been played here many times in the past, so dont try to be cute.

If there is not "agreement" than why would BCB will even want to visit for T20?

If they are willing to come for T20, than why not Test?

26. pat

pat Banned

Nov 25, 2018
      Yes this game has been played in the past and PCB lost $4M arguing that MOU is a binding contract. That is teh precedent at ICC regarding bilateral tours. BCB has a stronger case than BCCI. BCCI refused to tour and won.

27. Del

Dec 21, 2016
      Again, you are NOT answering the simple questions.

If there is not "agreement" than why would BCB will even want to visit for T20?

If they are willing to come for T20, than why not Test?

28. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    29. pat

pat Banned

Nov 25, 2018
      It is the same logic that was used when PCB and some pak supporters took when PCB took BCCI to court.

does the agreement you speak off have a conflict resolution clause? or is it just whatever pak wants?

Good agreements have all this in place. Let me know when you have evidence of such an agreement.

30. pat

pat Banned

Nov 25, 2018
    31. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
      Normally these tours were based on mutual agreement/arrangements. There were never documents drafted by lawyers for these, the boards used to honor their words, till BCCI decided otherwise. Now BCB is coming up with nonsense excuses.
      There is no logic reasoning with you pat or bublu bhuyan, both of you turn almost every post into stupid, useless and irrelevant arguments.

32. pat

pat Banned

Nov 25, 2018
      Like PCB's honor when they cancelled tour in 1993 over babri masjid and refused to participate in Asia cup. Like cancelling NOC's for IPL in 2009 to arm twist BCCI. Like accusing English players of fixing becos amir and co got caught.

The need for lawyers came in becos PCB made it so. PCB was the first board to take another board to court.

I'll grant you that BCB's excuse is nonsense. I wish they could right out and say teh real reason. "this is payback for not hosting us in UAE like you did with Eng/Aus/SL/NZ/SA.

What we are disagreeing over is what remedies are available to PCB.

33. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
      Looks like an agreement has been reached

[​IMG]

34. Gotham Cronie

Gotham Cronie Youngsta Beauty

Jan 14, 2015
      PCB-BCB reach agreement on upcoming series

• Bangladesh to play two Tests, one ODI and three T20Is in Pakistan

Lahore, 14 January 2020:

The Chairman and Chief Executive of the Pakistan Cricket Board today reached consensus with the Bangladesh Cricket Board on the upcoming series, which will be part of the Future Tours Programme. The process was facilitated by the International Cricket Council Chairman Shashank Manohar in Dubai on Tuesday afternoon.

According to the revised arrangement, Bangladesh will play three T20Is in Lahore from 24-27 January.

They will return to Pakistan for the first ICC World Test Championship fixture, to be held from 7-11 February in Rawalpindi.

Post the HBL Pakistan Super League 2020, which concludes in Lahore on 22 March, Bangladesh will visit Pakistan again and will play an ODI in Karachi on 3 April and second ICC World Test Championship fixture from 5-9 April.

PCB Chairman Ehsan Mani said: “I am pleased that we have amicably achieved a resolution that is in the best interest of this great sport as well as both the proud cricket playing countries. I also want to thank ICC Chairman Shaskank Manohar for the leadership he provided and ensured the sport continues to grow and thrive in the two countries.”

PCB Chief Executive Wasim Khan, who also attended Tuesday’s meeting at the ICC headquarters, said: “It is a win-win outcome for both the boards. I am glad that the uncertainty around the series is now over and we can start planning for the smooth delivery of the matches. Bangladesh will visit Pakistan thrice, which should give them the comfort that Pakistan is as safe and secure as any other cricket playing country.

“The split series across three venues will also provide fans and followers to watch live in action their favourite players and support good cricket from either side.”

Tour schedule:

24 Jan – 1st T20I, Lahore
      25 Jan – 2nd T20I, Lahore
      27 Jan – 3rd T20I, Lahore
      7-11 Feb – 1st Test, Rawalpindi
      3 Apr – One-off ODI, Karachi
      5-9 Apr – 2nd Test, Karachi

https://www.pcb.com.pk/press-release-detail/pcb-bcb-reach-agreement-on-upcoming-series.html

• List
    35. Del

Dec 21, 2016
      Again your comprehension issues are causing hindrance.

You said there was NO "agreement", media houses dont report in the thin air - use your brain for once atleast.

36. Del

Dec 21, 2016
      Same bakwas, over and over again and failed to answer 2 simple rudimentary question.

1) If there is not "agreement" than why would BCB will even want to visit for T20?

2) If they are willing to come for T20, than why not Test?

37. Del

Dec 21, 2016
      So, PCB-BCB reach agreement on upcoming series, however, @pat dont believe there was any "agreement".

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2020
    38. Del

Dec 21, 2016
      This tells everything and a tight slap in the face of those who said that India wasnt pulling strings from behind. BD are coming after Manohar allowed them to go.

39. pat

pat Banned

Nov 25, 2018
      Manohar and India? If they could, BCCI would do unspeakable things to Manohar.