Beast should never be forgiven

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by dr aziz, Feb 3, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. dr aziz

dr aziz Youngsta Beauty

Jan 27, 2010
    Afridi has done a shameful act by biting the ball and then justifying it. He has let his team down. He has let his fans down and above all he damaged his country's image. By his act Hair has found courage to come out and laugh at us. The sympathy generated by IPL snub has been replaced by condemnation from all over. We are being called cheats. Why we should sympathise with retard Afridi? I love his batting, his aggressiveness and his leadership qualities but my country's image is above everything. He should be punished and banned for a long period and should never ever get captaincy again.

2. iDone

iDone Youngsta Beauty

Jan 25, 2010
    whatever they say, I still love the beast...

Just saw this on cricinfo :D :D
    [​IMG]

3. HuskerFan

HuskerFan Talented

Jan 30, 2010
    I agree with most of the post but keep in mind at the end of the day cricket is a sport and it is played for the entertainment of the fans. He broke a rule, he is being punished for it. As far as "never forgiven" is concerned, that is going a bit too far.

4. Kashif

Kashif Pehlwaan

Dec 27, 2009
    What I found disappointing is that he was/is on the verge of getting extra captaincy responsibilities and he does this.

5. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    It was a disgraceful, pathetic, idiotic and stupid thing to do. But then Afridi is pathetic, idiotic and stupid so it doesn't surprise me.

If it had been the first time he had transgressed in this way, you could have laughed it off as a moment of madness or hmi getting caught up in the tension and not thinking straight. But we all remember his pitch dancing/moon walking antics in Faisalabad and now this. He is a complete buffoon. He showed no consideration for his team, his country or his team's reputation. He let himself, his team and his country down AGAIN.

I say he is damn lucky to get away with a 2 match ban. I have never seen anyone cheat so blatently (apart from Afridi himself in Faisalabad).

I wont forgive him and nor will I forget it. But what's done is done. There is no point harping on about it. So let's move on and hope he grows a brain between now and the next time he plays.

6. dr aziz

dr aziz Youngsta Beauty

Jan 27, 2010
  7. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    I think the above video was tampered a bit, where he says 'it happens all over the world'.

Although Afiridi deserves to be made fun of and ridiculed for what he did, but some reactions are slightly over the top. It happens all over the world, that is a fact, almost all great players after their retirement have admitted it. Why only label 'Him' as a cheat? If Afridi is a cheat then so is Atherton, Waqar, Akram, Imran, Broad, Dravid, Ganguly, Akhtar and the list goes on. Afridi tried to cheat, he is an idiot so he did it in an idiotic way, simple as. He is serving a 2 match ban and a alot of criticism, that is enough.

8. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    Its ok its a fun cricket yaar.

9. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Afridi's actions are reprehensible and at first I was loathe to see him get anything less than a 5+ match ban. But in the grand scheme of things the worst part about what he did was the fact that he did it so blatantly.

Were his actions really any different to Broad standing on the ball or Dravid glazing the ball with a lozenge? Afridi's greatest crime is that he doesn't have the subtlety required to come up with a method of ball tampering where he can give a plausible excuse.

I'm not happy with his actions but the show must go on and Afridi has become an integral part of of our team just like Dravid was for India and Broad is becoming for England. Those two nations wouldn't give up on those cricketers so why should we give up on Afridi.

10. HuskerFan

HuskerFan Talented

Jan 30, 2010
    Exactly!
    Any one remember Sachin being accused for ball tempering by the match referee but BCCI using the muscle power to not have any ban imposed on him.

11. Big Harvey

Big Harvey Youngsta Beauty

Feb 7, 2010
    I must admit, I still haven't forgiven him for what he did in Faisalabad, i.e. vandalising the pitch. How he got away with a pathetic ban (just two Twenty20 matches) for ball-tampering given his previous track record of cheating is beyond me. It's not as if he's got a father who's a top ICC match official.

When Pakistan were accused of ball-tampering at The Oval in 2006, it was widely considered a slur against the honour of the team and even the nation. Now he (along with some other Pakistan fans and commentators) now seems to be suggesting that ball tampering is so widespread that it barely deserves a mention.

12. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    I don't know what to think anymore. It made me so upset that I would have been happy with a life ban if that is what they would have given him. I also see others doing it and then getting away with it....then there is the umpiring situation. Pakistan always seems to be on harsh end of things. We have lost many games due to these reasons. Which to me is the same as cheating...we just term it human error. Definitely the reviews can help or even the third umpire.

Anyway...I am lost and I don't know what side to be on. One thing is for sure. Afridi might win us another WC come next month...he will always be tainted in my eyes least. Never a true champion.