Bowling form of Umar Gul is a worrying sign

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by umelone, Sep 29, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. umelone

umelone Youngsta Beauty

Sep 29, 2012
    In 10 T20 matches this year, Gul has conceded runs at 8.4 an over, as opposed to an impressive career economy-rate of 6.88. I hope the trend changes tomrw and GUl gets a 5-for !

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 5
    • List
  2. Zubair Naeem Paracha

Zubair Naeem Paracha Youngsta Beauty

Sep 16, 2012
    In the match against South Africa he did bowl some good yorkers and looked better than the previous two games and his batting must have also boosted his confidence. I am hoping that he will make a good comeback with the ball tomorrow InshAllah.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  3. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Don't know why he gets into a bad habit of bowling short and wide. His greatest success has come when he bowls it full and straight. Needs to stick to his strengths.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  4. Adnan Adil

Adnan Adil Youngsta Beauty

Sep 29, 2012
    I am pretty sure this guy after the knock he had, will come back really really strong as a bowler.. Umar Gul of 2009!!!!!

5. MHK2

MHK2 Youngsta Beauty

Sep 30, 2012
    Still remember how demoralized Gul was after his first spell against India in the semis. Sehwag hammered him pretty hard and Gul couldn't get a good delivery in for the rest of the game. Here's hoping he can carry the momentum and confidence from the last match to this one. No Sehwag this time, but Kohli's form is pretty scary.

4 hours left!

6. kewlumi

kewlumi Youngsta Beauty

May 16, 2011
    He needs to come good with the ball now
    where are those deadly yorkers which spiralled his popularity chart a few years ago

7. isaac

isaac Youngsta Beauty

Sep 30, 2012
    Yes, we saw this in the world cup semi final, the indian openers will knowck him around like a door mat, we are relying much on saeed ajmal.

We need a consistent pace pair who can lead us from the begninning of the oppennts innings, gul on his own is heading no where in t20.

8. McBoom

McBoom Youngsta Beauty

Sep 17, 2012
    Omar Gul is short of confidence right now and Hafeez needs to back him up. Not allowing him to bowl his full quota and showing no confidence in him will do no good. If Gul bowls his full quota of overs then we can replace Arafat with another batsmen as well. It would make the side more balanced.

9. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    This thread epitomizes the Pakistani wc "curse" ....... Pakistan's fear the indians in the wc. Pk support ers get hysterical over every little detail....u are a neurotic bunch. This is like being stuck in Ras al ghuls Lazarus pit Pakistan have the the ability to get out but mentally can't. Sorry for the obsessive dark knight references but it's a case of ' Deshi bashara'.

10. Babar Saif

Babar Saif Youngsta Beauty

Sep 29, 2012
    That didn't make much sense. Anyway, our fears are based on previous track record of the team and not some mental disorder.

11. tgatif

tgatif Youngsta Beauty

Sep 30, 2012
    Umar Gul is regressing and no doubt about it.

12. mystik19

mystik19 Youngsta Beauty

Sep 30, 2012
    I still believe!

Gul needs to get back to his previous form where he was a shutdown bowler in the last 8 overs. He just needs to work on his yorkers. You have to remember he has been injured regularly recently...

13. Amaad

Amaad Youngsta Beauty

Sep 30, 2012
    he doesn't seem to bowl as many yorkers anymore....

14. mystik19

mystik19 Youngsta Beauty

Sep 30, 2012
    Exactly, and thats what made him so destructive a couple of years ago. I am guessing the injuries have affected him...

15. Amaad

Amaad Youngsta Beauty

Sep 30, 2012
    he always has periods of where his performance is not upto the mark.....only to then produce a blinder, hopefull today is one of those days....

16. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    Why does a team that should be able to beat India always lose in the Wc? Is it because India are too good? I doubt it. It's because Pakistan are mental midgets. They are mentAlly fragile. It's not a medical condition per se. The record was initially india outplaying pak but now its just something pak players hide behind.I hope that simplifies it for you.

17. Babar Saif

Babar Saif Youngsta Beauty

Sep 29, 2012
    NOW I get what you're saying. So we both agree that IF they make up their mind to win, they can beat any team including India.