Breaking News for One day squad

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Big Daddy, Aug 24, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    I quite liked Hafeez when he broke onto the international stage sometime back but he really hasn't done justice to himself with very mediocre performances over the period of time that he got selected. He did well in the domestic tournament which got him selected for the T20 WC and didn't perform. His selection has been just to replace Shoaib Malik as he fits the bill being a good fielder who can bowl and bat a bit!

Malik on the other hand too has struggled with form and has been in the centre of all the team problems mostly that have occured off the field etc; Malik needs to go back and get some batting under his belt in domestic cricket and come back into the ODI and T20 sides.

Asad Shafiq after been given just the 1 game finds himself out which is pretty much typical Pakistan thinking tank's way of doing things with such young players as they've done so many times to Fawad Alam. But overall its good to see Alam getting into the squad for the ODI's.

2. sheikh

sheikh Emerging Player

May 10, 2010
    Do we need a bits and pieces player???

3. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Again that brings me to the controversial topic as to why the player from Karachi keeps getting dropped after one or two bad performances however player from Punjab will keep making back into the playing eleven despite having an average of only 18.57.

4. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Omg wats up with this karachi and Punjab shit. Back in the 1990s they use to pick karachi players mostly, and the punjab association never evne said a word.

The main thing is that they are from Pakistan.

PPl from england r called english
    PPl from australia r called aussies or australians
    PPl from germany r called germans
    PPl from pakistan r called gujarati, karachi wala, lahori etc etc.

5. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    All players who turn out to be good in domestic season r always sent in for Pakistan A team before they are selected to play for the national team. Umar amin, Ahzar ali both played for Pakistan A before getting picked for national team.

Asad shafiq just came from domestic and was just included in the A team, now they r gona see if hes capable of playing in international.

6. sheikh

sheikh Emerging Player

May 10, 2010
    We need Misbah Ul Haq! Not Hafeez!

Best Pak XI ODI

Salman Butt
    Kamran Akmal
    Younis Khan
    Mohammed Yousuf
    Umar Akmal
    Misbah Ul Haq
    Shahid Afridi
    Mohammed Aamer
    Umar Gul
    Shoaib Akhtar
    Saeed Ajmal

Reserve players, imran nazir, sohail tanvir, yasir hameed, mohammed asif, fawad alam, azhar ali, mohammed irfan, abdul razzaq, shoaib mailk
    This side will lift the World Cup

7. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    lol shoaib akhtar, the guy can barly bowl 4 overs.
    In the above squad u forgot to mention the allrounder, who i believe should be tanvir. Asif in for akhtar, fawad for test, rite now for one day i am not sute. Back up spinner could be abdur rehman or raza hasan can get a chance.

8. sheikh

sheikh Emerging Player

May 10, 2010
    ok well, Tanvir for Shoaib Akhtar

9. sheikh

sheikh Emerging Player

May 10, 2010
    That middle order is very strong wouldnt you say??

Younis Khan
    Mohammed Yousuf
    Umar Akmal
    Misbah Ul Haq

10. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010

Are you really naive or trying to act one. The debate cannot be muted without people in PCB getting their acts straight. I agree that there is more to Pakistan than Punjab and Karachi but people at PCB need to realize this as well.

11. Mohammad Aamer

Mohammad Aamer Emerging Player

May 3, 2010

O nahi yar! Misbah has nothing but numbered good performances to his name. the 2008 T20, the india test series and just some more. Hafeez is also mediocre the the last degree, i agree. Fawad Alam should be able to cement his place:), hopefully.

12. sheikh

sheikh Emerging Player

May 10, 2010
    Misbah has an experienced head!! Good back up in case the top order collapses!

13. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    true true

14. pakmufc

pakmufc Guest

Like most people hafeezs inclusion has me stumped. Only in Pakistan can a player have so many chances! Why not bring in a youngster like Hammad Azam? Im so happy for Fawad Alam though. The livewire is back! No YK? Someone must really hate his guts!

15. pakcricketfan

pakcricketfan Youngsta Beauty

Jul 9, 2010
    Asad Shafiq has NOT "just" been included in the A team..he's been with Pakistan A since 2008. He has toured Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Kenya and also played the one-day matches against England A in UAE in February this year.

16. Zain

Zain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 14, 2010
    Irfan should be in the team and given Amir needed rest

17. Zain

Zain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 14, 2010
    I agree that Hafeez was initially a good utility player who could bowl in the middle overs tightly and used to pick a wicket or 2 but his batting has been a let down where he hasnt played to his potential. He has been in and out of the team for a long time and after a long time came back for the T20 WC where a few chances didnt help him and now he's got a chance to show if he can play internationally again for Pakistan.